[EVENT] LSC - Frigate Abyssal Runs

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.03.28 07:59

[EVENT] LSC - Frigate Abyssal Runs

Abyssal filament fleets of up to (3) frigate pilot groups. If you aren't familiar with running frigate abyssal fleets please check out the following resources to familiarize yourself prior to the fleet. I will run a class prior to this date so please check the EVE University calendar for it. I will bring a ship capable of soloing these so all you need is a decent ship and to pay attention well enough not to die. These are great practice for PvPers that require a little more focus than the average PvE mission. You'll want a ship that both resists and deals kinetic damage primarily. Worms are not required but are excellent choices.

Abyssal Class Slides (includes a Worm fitting):
https://slides.eveuniversity.org/?slidesID=411

Worms are perfect for these kinds of fleets and you can find a description of a fit by Yto here:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 3&t=114388

Here is some excellent information from Ashy in Space as well:
https://ashyin.space/how-2-krab-part-4- ... /#frigates

When: Sunday 19, April 21:00 EVE Time
Where: Archavoinet Center of Excellence
Comms: Mumble - LSC or Fleet Channels
Duration: 60mins or until we are done; each run takes a maximum of 20mins.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Robert Benden

Portrait

Post 2020.04.19 22:12

Re: [EVENT] LSC - Frigate Abyssal Runs

I just experienced my first Abyssal run under YooJin's guidance and it was awesome! Many thanks to you, YooJin, for showing me this!
I actually have an adrenaline rush right now, I'm just too new to all of EVE not to :D
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.04.20 01:17

Excellent! That makes my day. Glad you cam out for it and enjoyed it.

We managed about (10) fleets through Calm Exotic sites today. A few folks got to run twice and there were many new pilots who attended. It was a good turn out and a lot of fun. Apologies for long wait times to make a run for those with end of alphabet names ;) When I do this again I'll have more FCs to lead fleets simultaneously.

o7
YooJin

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Milspecc

Portrait

Post 2020.04.20 19:13

Yoojin, I concur. Great thought to help pilots get into Abyssals. From your first post a couple weeks ago I read Ashy's article and started soloing them in a Hawk. I did buy a Worm but I have to admit I can't get out of the Hawk. It's too much fun.
<<

Ashley Traynor

Portrait

Post 2020.04.22 16:44

Milspecc wrote:Yoojin, I concur. Great thought to help pilots get into Abyssals. From your first post a couple weeks ago I read Ashy's article and started soloing them in a Hawk. I did buy a Worm but I have to admit I can't get out of the Hawk. It's too much fun.

Welcome to the art of the zoom ;)
<<

Karsin Tildari

Portrait

Post 2020.04.27 23:44

Will there be more of these?
<<

Torren Schneider

Portrait

Post 2020.04.28 16:05

Hi,
its Abyssal time. :D Dou you plan another event the next days?
Regards,
Torren

Return to Corporation Events