[EVENT] Small Gang Competition Month

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Breeze One

Portrait

Post 2019.04.21 15:08

[EVENT] Small Gang Competition Month

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, it seems like a while since we’ve had one of these, so in honour of the LSC’s new home in Eugales…let’s get some small gangs flying!

The aim here is to connect all bloodthirsty pilots with other similar minded folks in your TZ, then offer many glorious prizes to get you working together to create mayhem.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

All you need to do is put your details in the thread below, including:

- Primary Timezone/Usual flying times
- Rate your PvP experience from 1-5, where 1 is a newbie with no kills, and 5 is an unbeatable solo slaughter machine
- A few sentences about your piloting skills / PVP experience

People can form their own groups from the folks who post in this thread, and I can also help put together teams of people from similar TZs. It’s best to aim to mix a few more experienced players in with people who are still a bit new to small gang flying, so would be great if any Vets want to step up!

I’ll keep track of participants and teams in this Google sheet so you can check here as well for who’s signed up and who’s still looking for a team:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

COMPETITION RULES & PROCEDURES

The E-Uni rules still apply for this tournament, including the ROE.

The tournament will run from 28th April (next Sunday) at downtime until 28th May at downtime (though teams can enter late too)

Teams can be made up of 6 pilots maximum

Each team should make their own thread in the AAR forum labelled “[SMALL GANG COMPETITION] Team Name.” As the event goes on you should then add:
• A list of all team members.
• Links to all killmails and losses on zkillboard.com.
• Total kill and loss counts.
• The total ISK value of all kills and losses.
• The most expensive team kill.
• The most expensive team loss.

In order for a kill to count for this competition:
• It must include at least two team members on the killmail (to maintain the team nature of this activity)
• Cumulatively, team members must account for more than 50% of the damage applied not counting NPC damage (no killmail whoring!)
• No Noobships, Pods or Shuttles
• No friendly fire

Killmails that have other Ivy League members on them that are not in your team do not qualify (This is to encourage people to go out independantly, rather than just join big fleets).

There is no restriction on location here. Feel free to hunt out kills across HS, LS, NS or Wormholes.

Likewise, no restrictions on ships or strategies you can use. Go wild! So long as its within the usual Uni rules.

COMPETITION CATEGORIES AND PRIZES

*Initial list – more categories may be added*

Most Kills: 1 Faction Cruiser for each team member
Most Expensive Kill: 1 Faction Cruiser for each team member
Most ISK Killed: 200M ISK each

Most ISK Lost: 50M ISK each
Most Expensive loss: 50M ISK
Most Lossmails: 5 T1 frigate for each team member

At discretion of a jury:

Best AAR: 1 Pirate Frigate for each team member
Most successful fight while outnumbered and/or outshipped: 1 Pirate Cruiser for each team member
Most Surprising kill: 100 Assorted Exotic Dancers

FINAL NOTES

Competition rules and rewards aside, this is intended to be a fun way to get us blowing things up and practicing small gang PvP. So please don’t take the competitive aspect too seriously.

If anyone else wants to donate to the competition rewards I will happily supplement our present rewards and competition categories.
<<

Ged Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.04.21 16:14

Re: [EVENT] Small Gang Competition Month

Primary tz: ustz (0000-0900)
Experience: 4-4.5
I have been pvping for around 7-8 months. I’d say I’m getting pretty decent compared to where I was a few months ago (just starting to 100% depend on manual piloting). I love flying frigates and cruisers. Just getting into liking blingy stuff. I mainly do frigates in lowsec and cruisers in nullsec (kitey nullshit especially). I am happy to partner with nearly anyone who is willing to put some time and isk into learning with me :)

Favourite frigate: Dual Locus Retribution, Kitey Tristan, Application Purifier/Nemesis
Favourite Destroyer: Rocket dual-ancil Jackdaw
Favourite cruiser: Orthrus, Cynabal
Last edited by Ged Sinak on 2019.04.22 02:33, edited 2 times in total.
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff

Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
<<

B'aldrick Aivoras

Portrait

Fleet Command Course Manager
Fleet Command Course Manager

Post 2019.04.21 16:51

Primary tz: EUTZ - 17:00 - 22:00
Experience: 3.5-4
I suck --- at solo but enjoy fast moving small frigate combat with like minded ppl. Also I like pina colada and walks in the rain

https://youtu.be/TazHNpt6OTo

FCC Manager
|
Graduate | Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Marcus Arilia

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 00:01

Timezone: USTZ
Experience: 1.5
I really suck, like to solo, but at more than happy to fly around with some small gang as well. Also go on fleets as time allows. Anyone I fly with expects to see some silly fail antics on my part.
Graduate xxxxxx FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Penelore

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 00:02

Primary TZ: ustz 02:00-08:00
NOTE: I will not be available until after May 4th
Experience: 2.5-3

I'm in if a team will have me despite my week-long handicap
on the flip side, if a team won't have me... odds are you will find me pvpin with you anyways :P
<<

Ares Dodekatheon

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2019.04.22 00:26

Primary TZ: EUTZ - 11:00 - 22:00
Experience: 2.5 - 3.0 ? :roll:
let's be honest I have no idea about the level of my PvP experience :-D But, I did some PvP, both solo and in fleets.
I know how to shoot, how to fight... but thats all. Very few knowladge about support roles.
Favorite Ship : Hecate

Macte animo! Generose puer sic itur ad astra.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2019.04.22 00:50

Around 14:00 till 1:00 sometimes till 5:00 if i am having fun <mon/tue no chance for me tho>

- Rate your PvP experience from 1-5, where 1 is a newbie with no kills, and 5 is an unbeatable solo slaughter machine
1.5 cause I am ranked 68,097 on zkill :D what is pvp lol

i know how to shoot stuff pew pew will fly DD
Wont get me flying logi sorry
pvp experience is mostly green so thats something i guess

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Satoshi Tomeii

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 01:18

USTZ. Typically 0000 or 0100 until 0400 or 0500 - something like that.

Will give it a solid 3.

Probably the best with brawly frigates in lowsec, but some experience with kitey frigates, but not as good at it. A bit of time in interceptor and interdictor as well, but sort of novice-ish with those ships.
<<

Neemo Beer

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 01:36

Timezone: USTZ
Experience: I would say 3 to 3.5 in theory but only a 1.5 in execution.
Been pvping it up for my year long tenure in game. Pretty bad at solo PvP but not too bad in small gangs with face punching frigates orbiting at optimal. Manual piloting? Whats that? lol
Favorite Ship : Comet
Favorite Skin : Police
Favorite Activity : Cuffing the pirates and plexers and pew pewing them down!
<<

Rolland Antollare

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 03:09

I think I would be interested in this as well. Was looking for some small gang PvP options for some time.

Primary Timezone: USTZ, 02:30 - 06:00
PvP experience: 2. Eager to improve it, though.
A few sentences about your piloting skills: I participated in couple of fleets and I do generally enjoy smaller gang PvP. Overall, I would not say that I have too much experience in practice, but I do have some experience in theory.
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Breeze One

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 13:14

Woop! Lots of pirates!

Looks like we already have enough for at least one USTZ team, but still room for more!

Come on EUTZ! Despite their modesty there’s three experienced (and really friendly) guys signed up already, and I’m sure they’d be delighted to help introduce some newer players to the joys of small gang fighting!

If you have any interest at all in learning PvP, this is honestly one of the best ways to do it! I promise you’ll learn more in 30mins of roaming in a small gang than in a week’s worth of fleets.
<<

Auric Fulcrum

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 13:25

Primary TZ: EUTZ (1700-2200)
Experience: 2.5 - 3.0
I only rarely fly solo/micro gang but am experienced when it comes to fleets, however much that counts for this.
I enjoy flying anything that isn't basic press F1 DD, can fly anything smaller than a Cruiser decently and love Bombers, Booshers and T3Ds
<<

Pink Kondur

Portrait

Assistant Reimbursement Manager
Assistant Reimbursement Manager

Post 2019.04.22 14:01

Primary TZ: EUTZ (1700-2200)
Experience: 1.5 - 2
My solo PVP career is limited to looking for plexers around the black rise area . I've mostly flown T1 frigates, but have a few occurences where i upgraded to a faction frigate. Next to that i do have a bit of experience in fleet fights (both F1 monkey and logibro + occasional scout). I'm hoping i can team up with some other EUTZ people to encourage my solo PVP carreer!
<<

Ana'ander Lamora

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 14:19

USTZ-East
usually free from 0200 on, but sometimes 2300 on, and 1100-1300. kinda depends on the week, really.

2....I rarely solo hunt, currently prefer smaller group pews

somewhat adequate pilot that has been EVEing for about a year, can't manual worth #$@, working on scouting and tackle skillz. have pewed in low, null, and J-space. strong on enthusiasm, but weak on keeping range and fast reaction time, and therefore weak on staying alive. no logi skills, working on training for bubbles.

prefer to fly fast and small: frigs or dessies.
<<

Dexyr Sulvara

Portrait

Post 2019.04.22 14:56

Primary TZ: EUTZ (1700-2400)
Experience: 2.5-3

I've got a decent amount of solo roaming experience in frigates, nothing larger though as of yet. Been on a good number of Uni fleets so far, and have scouted twice.
Next

Return to Corporation Events