[Event-Abyss] 3*man frigate lvl1 sites [Completed]

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2019.05.11 17:32

[Event-Abyss] 3*man frigate lvl1 sites [Completed]

So how this will work is if we get more than 3 people we will rotate after each site thus allowing everyone to get somewhat equal amount of space time. or if we have one or two experienced dudes might even split us off into groups so more than just one 3 man group going out at same time

I am doing this more as a practice/learning experience for people for example the 3rd fit i linked below can do it solo, so i am literally doing this to share the love <3 I say this so anyone who comes is awhere my goal/priority will be learning not maximizing profit , but little bit of isk is a nice bonus also

When: 13:00 - 16/05/2019
When: 17:00 - 16/05/2019
Formup location: Amygnon - Citadel 101
Mumble channel: HSC - Utility

Isk payout
Depends have not fully decided yet might be isk on the spot for the items or split the items 3 ways, will have to see with what numbers come along.

pre-checklist to coming:
Reading over the wiki page can be helpful https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Abyssal_Deadspace "not a requirement tho"
Have a ship fitted "must be a frigate"
show up with a few "Calm electrical Filament" if possible plz, i have put 230 aside for this thanks to events department for supplying 200 of them but better safe than sorry

Overview settings:
pilots need to ensure on their preferred overview tab they have 'precursor cache', 'abyssal drone entities' and 'abyssal spaceship entities' all checked.

I will try get some fits down for this with the help of events department , but if possible bring your own ship to avoid disappointment.
Note: the below fits are only random suggestions from me totally bring what ever your happy with loosing

Fit 1:
Note: This is a tight fit and sits at around 10mill
Also cap stable with the right skills.
SPOILER WARNING!
[Kestrel, higher sp calm group fit]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Small Shield Extender II

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Semiconductor Memory Cell II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Purger I

Scourge Light Missile x3160

Fit 2:
Super easy to fit compared to fit 1
cheaper sitting around the 7 to 8 mill mark
not cap stable tho < 2 min cap life
SPOILER WARNING!
[Kestrel, Kestrel calm group fit]
Capacitor Power Relay I
Damage Control I

Small Neutron Saturation Injector I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Scourge Light Missile x3200

Fit 3:
My solo worm fit that i use to solo calm abyssal stuff with tried and trusted fit
cap stable / decent damage
around 60 to 75 mill in cost
SPOILER WARNING!
[Worm, Worm]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
C3-A 'Hivaa Saitsuo' Ballistic Control System

Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Republic Fleet Small Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Small Shield Extender

Light Missile Launcher II

Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Small Core Defense Field Purger I
Small Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Acolyte II x5

Scourge Fury Light Missile x2000

Parting words if your more curious about my solo fit and the minimum skills i feel are needed to fly it and not die in abyssal solo lvl1 here is the forum post i threw up today https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=113091 obviously with more skills you will get better results and that post is also aimed at gathering discussion so feel free to poke and prod at it <3

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Shauny Tsero

Portrait

Mentor Manager
Mentor Manager

Post 2019.05.11 19:28

Re: [Event-Abyss] 3*man frigate lvl1 sites [16th/05/2019]

I'll be there for sure!

Mentor Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Sirix Haneri

Portrait

Post 2019.05.14 07:54

Sounds like fun. I will try my best to make it.
<<

Max Tsero

Portrait

Post 2019.05.14 18:58

I'm happy to run a group if required.

Student Advocate - Senior Personnel Officer - Teacher

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Want a custom signature? EVEMail: John Silverfox
<<

Milspecc

Portrait

Post 2019.05.14 19:42

Are the preferred fits only missile ships ?
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.05.14 20:28

Milspecc wrote:Are the preferred fits only missile ships ?

The two kestral fits i linked are using missile launchers
reason for this last time i ran this was down in amc and one of the issues the newer players had was damage projection , in a hope to be both able to damage and manually pilot to avoid damage I opted for range , with my skill's getting 50+ km range

But if you or others want to try other stuff i am fine with that, apart from a bit of fun and something to do , learning and experimentation im fine with we are sticking to lvl 1 aka calm sites on Thursday to facilitate people who want to try wackie stuff as it should not endanger the other members.

Do note what ever u do bring with you if you can aim for more than 15km range this should help as there is one or two spawns that can catch people out, forget the name of the npc but at range it does nothing yet if we go close to it the damage is prittie shocking xD

Small edit: my own personal choice is i opt for an afterburner and nvr fit microwarpdrive on my ships for these asd it auto reduces one spawn that short points us and turns our prop mod off this way with afterburners can ignore them and prioritize neut ships / webs etc
also tends to be nicer on cap life with the after burners

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

O'Hearn

Portrait

Post 2019.05.15 21:00

Gosh that first Kestrel fit is more than tight. I end up at -1.6PG! Looks nice though.

Edit: I have:

* Power Grid Management V
* Advanced Weapon Upgrades V
* Shield Upgrades V

How are you pulling that fit off?

I would need: Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-603. About 19m at Jita.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.05.15 22:00

O'Hearn wrote:Gosh that first Kestrel fit is more than tight. I end up at -1.6PG! Looks nice though.

Edit: I have:

* Power Grid Management V
* Advanced Weapon Upgrades V
* Shield Upgrades V

How are you pulling that fit off?

I would need: Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-603. About 19m at Jita.

I get away with using a eg-601 for that one but i do be running around with a +3 training clone that has 3 geno implants mixed in for higher tier stuff i swop in a mid grade crystel set to run lvl 4's and for pvp no implants .
which i forgot i was sitting in when making that fit up on the fly oopsie :D
but ye tight fit and like u sy probably need the eg-603 to make it work

fit number 2 however is alot more forgiving fitting wise and should be fine

<<

Silver FoxV

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 01:44

Just Like MilSpecc, pointed out, I also suffer with having bad missle skills but I have good Drone and Hybrid Skills, I plan on bringing a Fed Navy Comet, and Hobgoblin II Drones if that's okay. If there is a preference for Drones, please let me know.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 03:57

Silver FoxV wrote:Just Like MilSpecc, pointed out, I also suffer with having bad missle skills but I have good Drone and Hybrid Skills, I plan on bringing a Fed Navy Comet, and Hobgoblin II Drones if that's okay. If there is a preference for Drones, please let me know.

Ye thats fine you can bring it if you want.
I am not sure how well it will do , would say aim for some range on the guns if you can there is a nasty drone called blastgrip tesserra and at close rang it hurts alot. the other issue is you may run into in group senario for the calm sites we run that stuff probably die b4 your in range and your going to want to stay out of there range when first entering each pocket.

like its not too bad really when in a group should be easy mode. "famous last words again"

but while i don't have a fed fit to share for ideas, i did throw together a tristen and i tried it out.
Solo result from 1 test in the triesten fit was managed to get to the 3rd pocket

As you can see on the picture in overview origin gate which shows up in last pocket.
SPOILER WARNING!

Anywho I derped and with 4 mins left and the last npc near dead i wasn't paying attention lost all my drones and sat there for 4 mins shaking my head at myself :D

The fit i used: solo calm electrical // no implants i double checked i had none in this time :D
SPOILER WARNING!
[Tristan, *Tristan]
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Cap Recharger II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Anti-EM Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Acolyte II x8

my lovely loss mail xD
SPOILER WARNING!

so in short i the tristen i put together can at a push do it solo so in group for calm sites will be fine, can even put something in the high slots if you want, the damage was prittie manageable so might even be worth while drooping the damage control and opting for Drone damage amplifier for little bit extra dps

<<

Yuzu Prime

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 11:59

Hey an event in my timezone and it allows a Tristan! I'm in!!!

(FYI I have never done an abyssal site before, keen to learn).
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 15:31

I took time off from work and still can't make this. I hope it is repeated and in a USTZ friendly slot. I hope it goes well for everyone! I know LSC is also looking into the Abyssals. I am very interested in checking them out. o7

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 15:41

Overall went prittie good today.
one team ran into some small issues, team 2 died on there first run this was due to going in to close to the npc called battlegrip tessera's like mentioned at the start really want to avoid getting close to these they do little to no damage at range 15+ should be fine, once u get 10 or less the damage is very much face melting

they did manage to pull off a site after reshipping i gave them 2 kestrels and one of my worms , but on the 3rd run when got to last pocket for some reason ran out of time and all died.

so main lesson learnt here is don't get close to the npc's with "tessera's" in there name

team 3 ran by lian did fine no deaths and they had one disconnect but he got back on b4 it became an issue. not sure what isk they made but they made something
team 1 ran by turlough also had no deaths our team made 50mill isk before we stopped running, not very efficient tbh but that was my fault as i was taking break every two sites to check up on the other teams as we move each team to separate mumble channels, still not terrible isk tho

Team 2:
De W Javqe - Kestrel / assault frig
Floki Stasarik - Kestrel / kestrel
Shauny Tsero - Worm / worm

Team 3:
Iam Nota Bot
Liam Udan
Sirix Haneri

Team 1:
Turlough Dominian
Yuzu Prime
Harkonnen Hotshot

Ok so that was the 13:00 run
next run at 17:00

P.s: if you lost a ship during this and it was one you brought along yourself totally hit me up with an eve mail and ask for some srp ill do close to jita or estimated value. if i gave you a ship looking at you shauny sorry but no srp for you this time :P

<<

Faye Enkelli

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 19:29

Had a great time at this event. I am seriously considering getting a proper fit for this.

Things I learned:
- Tessera ships should be kept at range.
- With a good team leader, even sticky situations can be recovered from.
- Calm abyssals their clouds are good manual flying practice
- Seriosuly, don't get close to Tessera ships

Thanks to everybody for making this event fun and I hope to fly with you all again soon.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Post 2019.05.16 19:31

Re: [Event-Abyss] 3*man frigate lvl1 sites [Completed]

Ok for second run today we had 5 groups of 3 people running aka 15 people
Went very good again, and we had alot of new players and people who never did abysels b4 which is awesome <3

for the second run of this event we had one person die https://zkillboard.com/kill/76755984/
He flew out of the arena rip we will miss his poor soul <3

Again ty all for coming hopefully was a good experience for the most part

the group i ran with for the second run we managed to get around 24mill each by the end so not too bad.

Next

Return to Corporation Events