[Event] Football in SPAAAACE, May 13 '19

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Esca Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.05.05 13:25

[Event] Football in SPAAAACE, May 13 '19

Space Football
Based on Space Rugby by JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Form-up: Amygnon - Citadel 101 on May 13 at 19.00 EVE time
Comms: There'll be a fleet up and posted to Alliance chat before the event begins, and also an on-demand Mumble channel if the teams need it.
What you need to bring: Nothing! Nereuses, Slashers, Executioners and Griffins will be given out before the event begins, depending on which role you want to play. Make sure you can fly the industrial fit, or any one of the defender fits.

[Nereus, Nereus]
    Overdrive Injector System I
    10MN Afterburner I
    Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
    Hobgoblin I x6

[Slasher, Slasher]
    1MN Afterburner I
    Stasis Webifier I
    Small Remote Capacitor Transmitter I

[Griffin, Griffin]
    Signal Distortion Amplifier I
    1MN Afterburner I
    Radar ECM I
    Radar ECM I
    Radar ECM I
    Radar ECM I

[Executioner, Executioner]
    1MN Afterburner I
    Stasis Webifier I
    Small Remote Capacitor Transmitter I

[Griffin, Griffin]
    1MN Afterburner I
    Ladar ECM I
    Ladar ECM I
    Ladar ECM I
    Ladar ECM I

Set-up:
Participants are divided into two even teams: Team Y and Team Z. Each team has 1 industrial pilot, and the rest play as defenders. One team will fly Slashers as defenders, and the other will fly Executioners (to make it easier for team members to tell each other apart). The third defender is the Griffin pilot.
At the beginning of the event, warp to a bookmark named Sports football in Amygnon. You'll find it under corporation locations > HSC events.
When you've warped to the bookmark, you should see five anchored secure containers on-grid: one small secure container named Centre at the centre of the field, and four giant secure containers at each corner of the field: Y1, Z1, Y2 and Z2.
Y1 and Z1 each hold one unit of ice ore. Y2 and Z2 are both empty. When I say go, both teams warp to the Centre box, and the Nereuses begin moving towards their teams' box 1. Their objective is to pick up their 1 unit of ore from the first box, and move it to the second box across the field. The first industrial pilot to deposit their ice into their team's box 2 earns their team a point.
Defenders use the cap neutraliser, stasis webifier and ECM modules fitted on their ships to prevent the other team's industrial pilot from reaching either of the boxes, or to distract the other team's defenders from their own indy. The industrials also come with light drones and neutralisers, which they can use for defence if they have to. I've prepared this event for three defenders on each team: so 1 Griffin pilot and 2 mainline defenders (Slashers/Executioners).
The round ends when the first unit of ice has been dropped. Everybody then warps back to the Sports football bookmark (there'll be another anchored container at the spot to make it easier to understand where to go), then back to the Centre box, and then we go again. Depending on how it turns out on the day, I guess we could go for the best of an odd number of rounds.

Prizes:
Republic Fleet Firetail hulls for the winning team!

Notes:
This event needs a minimum of eight participants: 1 industrial and 3 defenders on each team. I don't expect we'll have that many on the day, but if you like the sound of the event +1 below so I know what numbers to expect. The fits and how they're balanced are still clumsy and messy, so this first one will be something of a trial run and hopefully I can hone it some more after this.
Also in hindsight this event doesn't really have anything to do with football.
<<

Leo Enz

Portrait

Post 2019.05.12 19:03

Re: [Event] Football in SPAAAACE, May 13 '19

I'm totally down for it!

+1
<<

Esca Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.05.18 19:55

Fleet members from the May 13 event:
    Faye Enkelli
    hitshead
    John George Agittain
    Leo Enz
    Marn Vermuldir
    Tryme Trymsson
I spent too much time on form-up and we undocked an hour late, and things were generally super messy and confused on my part. Thanks for being a part of the event all the same, I'm sorry I messed up! I'm running this event again, this time with some amendments and help from the events department.
<<

Esca Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.05.18 20:07

Space Football
round 2

Form-up: Amygnon - Citadel 101 on June 9 at 18.00 EVE time*
Comms: There'll be a fleet up and posted to Alliance chat before the event begins. Mumble comms details will be posted in fleet chat.
What you need to bring: Nothing! Nereuses, Slashers, Executioners and Griffins will be given out before the event begins, depending on which role you want to play. Make sure you can fly the industrial fit, or any one of the defender fits. They're the same from the last time, linked in the main post above.
*changed from 19.00 to 18.00 to make time for events later in the day.

Prizes:
Republic Fleet Firetail hulls for the winning team!

Notes:
The event's gameplay remains pretty much the same. Finding eight people to participate made form-up unpredictable, so this time I'll try and speed it up. If you think you can make it on the day, +1 so I know what numbers to prepare for!
There'll also be a fall-back event in case this one doesn't work out.

June 6, war update: if there are active war targets in Amy, there'll be a Mumble-based event instead.
June 9: We had one willing Shauny, and other stuff going on today :-) so it didn't work out.
Last edited by Esca Sinak on 2019.06.14 07:25, edited 6 times in total.
<<

Faye Enkelli

Portrait

Post 2019.05.18 22:58

I am super keen to give this a try again.

It was a weird bag of unpredictability and fun last time. :P
<<

Esca Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.05.19 10:27

Thanks Faye!

Return to Corporation Events