[EVENT] Warp Races - 12.22.2018 @ 20:30

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Damien Maken

Portrait

Post 2018.12.13 23:11

[EVENT] Warp Races - 12.22.2018 @ 20:30

Warp Races

Scheduling Information:

When: December 22nd, 2018 @ 20:30 EVE Time
Duration: Until everyone gets to the end destination or the one hour mark is up, whichever comes first.
Form-Up: Amygnon - Citadel 101
Host: Damien Maken

The Event:

Warp Races is a simple event. Everyone starts in the same system and finds a bookmark in a can. This bookmark will give everyone the following waypoint. Each of the cans will be password protected, the name of the can will be a trivia question/riddle/whatever else I'm in the mood for and seems reasonable; the password will be the answer to the question. The bookmark will always be in a system right next to the current one.

In order to avoid fleet members simply warping to each other, the Events (EVE Uni) channel will be used for in-game communication as well as some sort of Mumble channel TBA during the event.

Rules:

• Don't release the password of any of the cans, the point is for someone to try and find it on their own.
  • You may only bring one of the following ship types: Shuttle or Frigate. T1 variants only.
  • You may only fit T1 modules of any meta level. That means no T2, Officer, Deadspace, Faction, Storyline, or Abyssal modules.
  • No warp scramblers/disruptors allowed. If you want to shoot someone down, bring enough firepower to do so without scramming the player.
  • Don't take all the bookmarks in a container. The whole point is to have fun! We can't do that if you take all of the bookmarks. If you make a mistake and take more than one, just take some time to correct your mistake and put it back. If you notice that a container has no more bookmarks, just let me know and I'll go back to refill it (although it might take some time).

Recommendations:

• Maybe you'll go with a sub-2s aligning ship with possible warp core stabilizers if possible just in case of WT threat!
  • It will not be against the rules to shoot at other people, you'll want to decide how to approach the event. Do you want to tank up and hope to survive against your fellow Unistas? Or prioritize speed and hope you can answer a question faster than you can be shot?
  • With that in mind, disposable ships are key here. You don't want to lose any type of major investment, although I doubt a ship will end up being too expensive with the rules in mind.

Prizes:

1st Place: Leopard donated by Zoltan Irvam!
2nd Place: 40M ISK.
3rd Place: 20M ISK.

Disclaimer: This is my first time trying and scheduling this type of event so I might update the rules or recommendations or even just how it's going to go until the day it's hosted.
Damien Maken

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Damien Maken

Portrait

Post 2018.12.18 01:23

Re: [EVENT] Warp Races - 12.22.2018 @ 20:30

Prizes have been updated for anyone who's interested!
Damien Maken

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Space Warfare Development

Portrait

Post 2018.12.22 21:29

Re: [EVENT] Warp Races - 12.22.2018 @ 20:30

Thank you for the cool event! I loved the research, because I was never good at EVE Online history. Now I want to go see the EVE gate and take a selfie.

Return to Corporation Events