[EVENT] Heydieles Homewarming - Killmail Kaboom [Completed]

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.08.24 16:50

Re: [EVENT] Heydieles Homewarming - Killmail Kaboom

Pink Kondur wrote:Also Mike, for prizes: a skin for the ship you flew the most might be fun?

I shall shamelessly steal this idea :)
Also I love that you see this event as a motivator to get more into solo pvp (even before it started :D) THAT is exactly what I was hoping for!

In regards of the starting date: It has not been announce yet. I am currently just waiting on Alexander to haul the contract ships to HEY so I can put them up. Shouldn't be long now.

As for the different CAP Boosters - to be honest I simply have not thought too long on that part but:
"You may add/change: Ammo of your choice, Nanite paste, Cap charges, Drones (T1)"
Last edited by Mike Kingswell on 2018.08.24 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
HSC Education Officer, Teacher, Events Staff
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.08.24 19:23

Okey everyone:

Event starts TOMORROW 25.08.18 after DT
and goes for 2 weeks until: 07.08.18 until DT

Contracts for ships are up (5-10 each so you might want to fit some ships yourself if you plan on exploding A LOT ;) - if you are a newbro and can't afford a ship message me and i shall provide one for you!)

Good luck and may you slay them all!

Edit:
Managed to come up with a prize of all prizes. Something that no amount of ISK will buy you! Thanks to Turlough for delivering on my spurr of the moment idea!
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Graysen Slade

Portrait

Post 2018.08.27 20:19

Great Idea Mike, and thanks for everything you do for the University. I'm sure most of us can figure out what two weeks from the 25th of August is, but wanted to harass you a bit about the end date being posted as July. :D
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.08.27 22:41

Graysen Slade wrote: but wanted to harass you a bit about the end date being posted as July. :D

I forgot that there was a none-german-standard type of dates.
I am used to a
DD.MM.YY
instead of a
MM.DD.YY
Thus "07.09.2018" is the 7th of September for me.

The short of it: THIS EVENT IS LIVE (since last FRIDAY up for 2 weeks)

Changed it to something clearer - sorry for any confusion.

As for the rest: shush...I hardly do a thing tbh ^^'
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Rikki Bigg

Portrait

Post 2018.08.28 01:26

Please take this as constructive feedback, not displeasure with the event. Anyone reading this post please note this event is already live, so changes at this point are generally counterproductive; this is presented from a learning perspective.

For a starter alpha, a character that was just literally created:
The Tormentor is 1% over on cpu, and 9% over on powergrid (3 rep rigs is the main culprit)
The Merlin is 4% over on powergrid.
The Tristan fits, but a new character does not have Capacitor Emission Systems (required for the Neuts), Light Drone Operation (needed to use the drones), nor Drones trained to V (to utilize the drone bandwidth of the weapon, as new characters start with Drones I).
The Breacher fits, but a new character does not have Drones III/Light Drone Operation I to use the drones, nor Rockets I to use the launchers, nor Shield Operation II to use the Ancillary Shield Booster.

I understand that you want new players and veterans alike to be able to participate in the event, (and also that the fits other than the Merlin were hastily put together after a point about cross training). It actually is fewer skill points for a brand new player to train Caldari Frigate II and Small Hybrid Turret III (and Controlled Bursts II if Minmatar) than it is to train the skills required to fly any of the non Merlin fits.

Cost is another factor, as two of the hulls cost a whopping 8 Mil per ship, while the other two hover around 5 Mil. The meta Damage Control is a large culprit; every ship has the cpu (again, from a brand new character perspective) to fit a T1 Damage Control, other than the Tormentor, but it doesn't fit even with the meta version.

For example, keeping with the Merlin theme, you could cut the cost of the fit in half by changing it to :
SPOILER WARNING!
[Merlin, *Merlin of Mayham]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

Modal Light Ion Particle Accelerator I, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x362

while mounting a similar tank, with a smaller sig (albeit with a larger em hole). You can then incentivize anyone lacking Hull Upgrades IV to do so, to get the T2 Damage Control, while still stating that a truly new player can use T1 until they train it.
<<

Pink Kondur

Portrait

Assistant Reimbursement Manager

Post 2018.08.28 07:13

Mike another idea for prizes: tags to repair sec status :D i dropped to 0.8 (from 2.1) already
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.08.28 09:34

Thanks Rikki for that detailed skill breakdown I shall def. use this information in upcomming events that I might plan!

In regards of the cost of the fits I want to stress again for any newbros out there:
If you can't afford these fits (or they take a unnessecary high percentage of your ISK, or for any other reason) do NOT shy back from writing me a evemail/post here/find me in chat/mumble me up/slack me/telepatic means of communication/… and I shall arrange either a ship for you or send you some ISK!
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Rikki Bigg

Portrait

Post 2018.08.28 17:25

My point of the cost is somewhat personal and selfish, as I plan on getting some Merlins out when I have free time to do some roaming, but I don't think it would be in the spirit of the competition to use T2 Damage Controls, even when I have the fitting for them (I will use T1, since I want to whelp a bunch of cheap ones).

I also understand that T2 guns is the big change, since while alpha clones can train T2 guns, there is an effective 'cap' on limiting older higher sp characters by not using them. T2 Warp Disruptors and Scrams are also usable with only Propulsion Jamming II, but in the case of the scram that's another large jump in cost over the meta. I do hope that using a Restrained Extender instead of the spendy Compct won't get my disqualified :D
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.08.28 17:41

Keep it T1 meta, the exact fit (minus ammo, drones, paste, capcharges) whenever possible. As I said: if Money is the only problem come and find me :)
Since there is no "real" way for me to check your actual fittings on your successful Hunting trips I won't have any way of checking up on you but I take it you all got the right spirit for the event if you take part in it in the first place.
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Pink Kondur

Portrait

Post 2018.09.07 09:45

All my kills/deaths are in :D

I've made a TLDR for you mike, so you don't need to read through my wall of text:
Kills: 13 (7 in Merlin | 6 in Tristan)
Deaths: 23 (13 Merlin | 10 Tristan)
Value: 65.4M (Retriever)

Full post:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 15#p894729
<<

Pink Kondur

Portrait

Post 2018.09.07 15:37

Mike Kingswell wrote:The Results of R.I.P.:

Highest value killmail:
Pink Kondur - caught a Retriver - 65.4M - You PIRAT!

Highest amount of killmails:
Pink Kondur with a wooping 13 Killmails!

Winner in a 2v1 situation:
I only added this category as a joke...but Atticus Vex did it nonetheless! Hats off to you, Sir!

Master of the Merlin of Mayhem:
Pink Kondur - with the already mentioned Retriver-Kill

Master of the Tristan of Tears
Pink Kondur - 18,5M Crucifier Kill

Master of the Breacher of Bones
Nathan Tamroc - 13,2M Punisher Kill

Master of the Tormentor of Tears
Atticus Vex - 6,3M Incursus Kill

SECRET CATEGORY OF DESTRUCTION - Highest amount of LOSSMAILS
Pink Kondur - 23(!)

It seems i did my best a bit TOO well? :shock: :?
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.09.07 15:47

The results are in and the prizes are announce (see 2.&3. post)

Big thanks again for the helpers and Sponsors and the Event Department!

By far, the best/favorite fight I've had.
Would not have happened without this event.

The event motivated me to fly frigates and take fights that I normally wouldn't.

first true dirty pirate action

This is what I hoped for when coming up with this idea! Great to see you guys just rolling with it and having lots of fun :)

€: Contracts with prizes have been assigned.
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Director of Special Projects
Director of Special Projects

Post 2018.09.07 15:58

Big well done to everyone who took part in pew pewing that goes for everyone not just the winners.

And from me to Mike Kingswell huge thank you for all your hard work in organizing this content for people to help encourage them to do some pvp , it was alot of work your end and successful also that an a great idea.

Hopefully see more stuff from you and maybe others will be inspired by your enthusiasm to see people blow up :D

SPOILER WARNING!

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Atticus Vex

Portrait

Post 2018.09.07 16:11

This event provided the impetus that I needed to get out there and take solo fights. Thanks for putting it together Mike, and also a big thank you to the sponsors for the shiny faction frigate. I'll take it out to lowsec and put it to good use.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.09.10 17:58

Hi,

first of all, congratulations to all winners!

And now a little message from our sponsor...

The Garmur and Astero hulls have been procured at Jita and will be delivered to the agreed pickup points when both winners have stated where they would like to get them.

EDIT: Contracts out at Stacmon V Moon 9.

PS: can we know what were the secret prizes by the Events department - pretty please?

Zoltan
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events