[CONCLUDED] [EVENT] Cap Day T4 Filament Bash

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Korr'Tanas
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Captain, Alpha Dog, [LTI]

[CONCLUDED] [EVENT] Cap Day T4 Filament Bash

Post by Korr'Tanas »

On Friday May 24th at 16:00 EVE time I will be hosting an event to take people into some of the T4 Calamitous Firestorm filaments.
These are the most difficult combat filaments available in the currently ongoing Capsuleer Day Event and will require quite a lot of tank to survive. I will be flying a ship that can do these sites solo if neccessary, but I cannot guarantee that everyone else will survive as well. With that in mind I will have a number of loaner ships available. If you lose one of those loaners, don't worry about it. You are free to bring your own ship, but at your own risk. I would suggest to not fly with any expensive implants, but if you want to take that risk you are welcome to.

The two available loaner ships are a Vexor (which would be my preferred choice) or alternatively a Caracal. Both of these can technically be flown with Alpha skills, but you might have to adjust them depending on CPU/PG requirements. Note that both of them come with a number of items in the cargo bay, including a Mobile Depot. Unlike in regular Abyssals, mobile depots can be used in these event sites, so you could refit your ship on the fly. The incoming DPS will be very high in the beginning, but once the turrets have been destroyed (which should take about 1 minute) you could refit your ship do reduce your tank and increase your DPS. This is optional though.

Anyways, here are the two loaner ships that I think will work fine for this event. The Caracal specifically should be considered only as backup, the Vexor is significantly better both tank and DPS wise.
Note that both of these fits are designed for maximum survivability while being paired with another ship that can remove the turrets quickly. I do NOT recommend to use these ships on their own.

Vexor:
Spoiler
[Vexor, Event T4 Team]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

220mm Medium Prototype Automatic Cannon
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Caldari Navy Hornet x5
Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Wasp x2

Republic Fleet EMP M x2320
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner x1
Drone Damage Amplifier II x1
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster x1
Mobile Depot x1
Caracal:
Spoiler
[Caracal, Event T4 Backup]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Shield Recharger II
Shield Recharger II

Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Caldari Navy Hornet x2

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x2095
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier x1
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner x1
Mobile Depot x1
If anyone wants to run other lower tier filaments in parallel, feel free to do so. I can provide ships if neccessary.

And here is the part where I get to sweeten the pot. I will provide the loaner ships (if they die, you do NOT have to replace them) and the filaments. I will collect all the loot and after we are finished, I will pay every participant an amount of ISK based on the estimated value of that loot divided by the number of participants. Everyone will get the same share. Anyone how participates with at least one run of any tier (with or without me) and will be eligible to the same share.

Due to the nature of this event I can only take 1 pilot with me per filament. I expect each run to take about 10-15 minutes. I do intend to share my screen on discord so people can watch how things are working while they wait for their run.
Of course anyone is welcome to run some filaments on their own while they wait for their turn.
My plan is to keep running these T4s for maybe 2 hours, so we might be able to run maybe 10 sites depending on how it goes.

When: Friday, May 24 at 16:00 EVE time
Where: Meetup in Athinard IV - Sisters of EVE Bureau (that is 1 jump from Dodixie and 10 jumps from Stacmon)
Comms: Mumble on demand channel as well as the 'Events (EVE Uni)' channel ingame

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or contact me on discord. I tend to hang out in the event-sites channel which is a good place to ask general questions about the event sites. ;)
Last edited by Korr'Tanas on 2024.05.25 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Lexi Von Luna

Re: [EVENT] Cap Day T4 Filament Bash

Post by Lexi Von Luna »

I'm in again