[Event] Death or Glory Explo addition [end may 15th]

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[Event] Death or Glory Explo addition [end may 15th]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Death or Glory Explo addition

Description:
Ok bare with me this is a new one.
This event will be focused around exploration and specific target area of space will be wormhole space, this will be a do on your own time style event so will have an end date for submistions.
Originally was going to limit this event to a solo activity but for teaching purpose's i want to let it be open to fleets of max 2 so in theory a mentor or freind could teach a newbro how to navigate etc wormhole space.

Rules:
you can be in a fleet of max 2 people this is judged by amount of uni on the killmail reports for simplicity.
Kill mails that are generated between 23rd / april and 15th / may will be eligable
End date for submistions: May 15th 23:00
Fleet size: max 2
Ship type: whatever u want

how do I take part?
To take part you must hunt or be hunted in a wormhole
so I am looking for fun killmails over the course of this event where you have gone into a wormhole and either murdered someone or get horribly murdered .

Then to be considered as taking part in this event you must comment on this forum post with following things.
1. link to the killmail
2. very short text about the engagement aka story time "opertunity for us to learn"
3. optional - pictures for added amusement

Prize's Turtle is judge and will be baseing it off what amuse's me the most added bonus if we learn from it also.
1st place: Ashimmu Luminae Polaris SKIN
Best kill or death story with relevent killboard entry attached

2nd place:
Drake Gilded Predator SKIN
2nd Best kill or death story with relevent killboard entry attached

The what did i just witness reward: Daredevil unfitted
this will go to someone if they manage to make me cringe or giggle hysterically at the story + killboard link
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
speedviper

Re: [Event] Death or Glory Explo addition [end may 15th]

Post by speedviper »

https://zkillboard.com/kill/117401661/

Hello,

This was my first SOLO kill. I did learn a few things.
1. stage ships in different systems even though the wormhole was in slays traveling from stac to slays for each ship was a pain.
2. learn when to warp off and try again.

This kill took a few attempts, first I scanned down the hole with no intention of PVP found 2 good gas sites that I was going to huff, but there was 1 miner on it already. warped in under covert ops cloak scanner and decided lets blow up a huffer. slow boated about 10km off the miner bookmarked. I went back to stac got a pvp ship and went to slays and into the hole, now there were 2 miners on descan. Warped to my bookmark but now the miner was 23km off warp in, I tried to approach and point but no such luck. They both left for the exit hole and I tried to follow. I then decided to wait on the slays side of the hole and see if they went back and they did. Jumped in and now the purifier pointed me I tried to get into gun range but they were able to kite me. I was applying no damage managing active reps down to 40% armor I decided to run, I turned around to break point went to the sun and started to bounce on plants while repairing and letting cap get back to full. fully repaired I decided to give it 1 more go. warped into the gas site again. miners warp out I get pointed again but closer then before I start using overheat and close some distance and the target turned or slowed down and I was able to land a overheated scram and web, launched drones now they couldn't run while managing reps in between all of this. drones tore him apart, heart was pumping and the best 25mil I have ever made in eve so far. As one of my friends would say, "it was like a movie but in real life!"
Korr'Tanas
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Captain, Alpha Dog, [LTI]

Re: [Event] Death or Glory Explo addition [end may 15th]

Post by Korr'Tanas »

https://zkillboard.com/kill/117429014/

He didn't expect the Battle Heron. Because noone expects the Battle Heron.

I scanned a number of sites with a cov ops and then came back with the Heron to hack them. One slot dedicated to hacking, every other slot dedicated to fireworks. I stumbled upon this Helios in one of the sites and he... didn't try to run. Nothing else to say. 8)