[Vigil] HateLesS Gaming - 2 April 2023 21.00

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

[Vigil] HateLesS Gaming - 2 April 2023 21.00

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Today we received the sad news that HateLesS, a massive EVE content creator, passed away as a result of a motorcycle accident. If you've ever looked up krabbing PVE, abyssals in EVE online you've probably watched some of his videos. He was a big personality and contributor to the EVE community. See the Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1 ... ss_gaming/

In EVE it is tradition when we lose one of our fellow pilots to hold a vigil and light cynos (a module which has a side effect of a bright light, like lighting a candle). HateLesS was a member of Pandemic Horde and his corp (Dragon.) are holding a cyno vigil on 2 April in Horde staging (MJ-5). I'll be going, and if enough people from EVE Uni want to go I'll take a travel fleet over there for people to pay respects.

We'll form at Stacmon - The Quad at 21.00. Please bring a shuttle ONLY. We'll be going deep into nullsec and with nullsec comes bubbles (which stop you warping while you are in them). Shuttles are immune from bubbles so are the safest way to travel. Once we get there, if you have the skills to fly a cyno venture (Cynosural field theory I) I can lend you one there. If you can't fly one, come anyway and watch.

This is a combat-free fleet, we will not be armed. However, we will be going deep into nullsec and that comes with danger. Horde will not shoot us in their staging if we are attending the vigil, but others on the way may not be so kind. I'll try and get you there and back in one piece but no guarantees, so bring a clean clone.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Mu'ad Diib

Re: [Vigil] HateLesS Gaming - 2 April 2023 21.00

Post by Mu'ad Diib »

I just sent you a quick email via in-game email. In case you miss it, I'm posting the query here as well, but don't think you have to respond to both please.

I'm the CEO of a very small corp called Nul-Bridge Industrial Technologies - https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Nul-Bri ... chnologies.

One of our members saw this post and we were wondering whether it'd be okay for us to join your fleet and fly out to MJ-5F9 with you all? There'll probably be something like four or five of us, max (like I said, we're very small).

As suggested, we'll all be in clean clones and flying shuttles.

Thanks in advance for any help that you're able to give us.
Mu'ad Diib
Senior Pilot, Director and CEO
Nul-Bridge Industrial Technologies

Other info: I'm happy to be called 'Mu' for short.
I'm friendly - I don't really 'do' psychopathic stuff like ganking, griefing, trolling and I don't
see this as some kind of massive character flaw. Chribba is one of my heroes, go figure.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion;
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
When I die, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Re: [Vigil] HateLesS Gaming - 2 April 2023 21.00

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Thanks so much to everyone who came to this, including many out of corp friends who tagged along with us. It was quite emotional to arrive in MJ-5 and see over 1,000 people in system. We went through Thera and obtained cynos from the helpful Pandemic Horde Titans. We stayed and paid our respects, some of us lighting cynos or shooting fireworks and some just watching and soaking up the atmosphere. some of us took some pictures, as many of the fleet had never been this deep into nullsec or seen a Titan before. Thanks for all who came and to Horde for their hospitality. RIP Hateless and thanks for everything you did for EVE.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!