[Complete] Secret Santa 2022

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

[Complete] Secret Santa 2022

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

Ho Ho Ho. Santa Kingswell is ... afk in a random corner of Germany sipping from his bottle of wine and contemplating life choices, and his so called "trusty" elf Mischievous Elf Hikaru got stampeded by rampaging Reindeers. It's all falling apart :(

So it's down to the honest working peasants to keep the "Tradition" up.

Welcome to Secret Santa 2022.

How does it work:
-> Join by sending a mail, thus becoming an Elf in Secret Santa 2022.
-> Receive mail for whom your giftee will be.
-> Try to find an appropriate gift.
-> Contract gift to giftee.
-> Done.

In detail:
1) Join by sending a mail
Spoiler
To take part in the E-Uni Secret Santa 2022 you will need to send a EVEmail to "Santa's Slave" (Corpticker: SLED1). This letter needs to include:
- Any campus(es) you are active in
- A quick summary of the activities you partake in Eve and in the Uni
- (Maybe) a hint that enables your secret santa to get the right gift for you
- This mail will get carboncopy forwarded to your Elf, so please write something proper :)
2) Receive mail for whom your giftee will be
Spoiler
You will receive a EVEmail from "Santa's Slave" containing exactly what that person wrote in order to participate.
(DONT TELL THEM YOU'RE THEIR ELF - ITS SECRET !)
3) Try to find an appropriate gift
Spoiler
If received mail didnt really give you enough clues of what the person enjoys in EVE, do a little research. Like searching the forum for posts, look at Discord, or checking zkillboard, or maybe sneaky discord convos with ppl your giftee might play with often.
- There's no Isk limit, but please refrain from "one tritanium" things as it's supposed to provide joy. While joke gifts are encouraged, do not be a grinch.
- However be warned: Just because you spent 100mil on your gift doesn't mean you shall receive an expensive gift as well !
- Once settled on a gift, send a reply to your received mail to "Santa's Slave" with what you intend to gift. Also state if you decide to contract yourself or need me to handle it for you. See next step for clarification.
4) Contract gift to giftee
Spoiler
There are 2 ways to go about this:

Option 1: Handing out the gift yourself (please use this option <3)
- Create yourself an alt (example name: "Santa's Elf #1347"). New Alpha Accounts are disposable, and it's mainly to hide your identity. But feel free to use your main if you do not care about secrecy regarding gifts.
- Contract your gift to your giftee in the contracting phase (see time schedule below) around Christmas time FROM YOUR SECRET ALT IN A TRADEHUB or a "SAFE" Station like the Uni Fort in Stacmon.
- you may also send them a christmasy EVEmail with a limerick or something. Make it entertaining :)
- Send a EVEmail to "Santa's Slave" from your participating Character and confirm that you handed the gift out yourself!

Option 2: Using "JohnPlayerNotSpecial"s excellent contracting service (sounds fishy tbh)
- You can contract your gift to "JohnPlayerNotSpecial" and he will take care of contracting it over.
5) Done
Spoiler
Check your Contracts for random junk ;)

Time schedule: (DT = DownTime aka 11h00 Evetime)
-> From now till 09.12.2022 DT: Send participation mail to "Santa's Slave" (Corpticker: SLED1).
-> 09.12.2022 till 18.12.2022 DT: Receive mail & try find gift. Dont forget to let the slave know.
-> 18.12.2022 till 26.12.2022 DT: Contracting & Done.

F.A.Q.
Any rules/regulations about gift size?
Spoiler
Nope. Gift what you want! Could be something useful or something funny. Just make someone happy with your gift !
Example for a participation letter
Spoiler
Dear Santa's Slave,
My name is Mike Kingswell and I have been a Unista for 2.5 years. I enjoy bounties and flying logi in any space and my homes are Stacmon and WHC.
I really really like blowing up ships - my own included.
Have a good wintery time!

Love you,
Mike Kingswell

PS: I left milk and cookies out as i already drank all the Wine. Send help pls.
What gift-giving option to use ?
Spoiler
Well that's up to you.
On the one hand Santa's Slave is quite tired to get whipped around and if you hand it over yourself that takes a load of work from his back. On the other hand you have to be reliable and honorable about it. You don't want to be the person who forgets to hand over the gift to their giftee so you might want to use JPNS's service of doing that for you. You'll be the judge.
Where should I set up the contract ?
Spoiler
Preferably a "safe place" like Uni HQ in Stac or something the like. Also a Trade hub is accessible and possible.
Ask yourself: "Could I get this stuff out of there to where I want to be?" If the answer is YES then go for it!
What if I am not happy with my gift ?
Spoiler
Santa and his elves are sorry if your gift doesn't satisfy your expectations. In case of "just the wrong gift" Santa's Slave can't do anything about it. If we see gifts that are maybe a bit "underwhelming" we might add some small specials to them. If pure grift aka "one trit" you'll incur Santa's wrath and will be added to the naughty list with follow-up repercussions.
What if someone forgets to hand over their gift ?
Spoiler
Santa's Slave will remind you about your gift-giving! Sometimes people are forgetful though and everyone of us knows that: The world doesn't end if you are late by a day or so. If a higher power stops you from gift giving please let Santa's Slave know and he will take care of it!
If someone should intentionally "forget" their gift they will incur Santa's wrath and will be added to the naughty list with follow-up repercussions.
I have not gotten a gift !
Spoiler
Give your secret santa a few more days.
If it is the 29th Dec. and you have NOT gotten your gift let Santa's Slave know and we will follow up on it!
Is "Santa Kingswell" a thing ?
Spoiler
Nope. Wine killed him. Dont drink & fly sleds kids.

Edit -> Bonus gifts:
There will be bonus gifts for the best participation mails. Also for the best giftee mail (make sure to add the slave in your gift sending mail). Sponsored by Event department someone ;)
Last edited by JohnPlayerNotSpecial on 2022.12.28 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
signature.
Just Shot

Re: [Event] Secret Santa 2022

Post by Just Shot »

Awesome! Sounds fun.
Duradel

Post by Duradel »

#HYPE

(also, shame on whoever set up this forum and didn't forbid nested sizes in BBcode)
Tane Tengu

Post by Tane Tengu »

Looking forward to this!
”Like a tengu grabbing a paper umbrella”
天狗に唐傘取られたよう
Kaaramira Emaa Onzo

Post by Kaaramira Emaa Onzo »

This is incredibly genius, especially if we get to see the awesomest letters, gifts etc !
JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Kaaramira Emaa Onzo wrote: 2022.11.21 14:17if we get to see the awesomest letters
maybe, probably not.
Kaaramira Emaa Onzo wrote: 2022.11.21 14:17if we get to see ... gifts etc !
no.
signature.
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Santa is ALWAYS watching ... <3

PS: i hardly ever drink wine...
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Anor Noban

Post by Anor Noban »

Merry Xmas!
Edswifa Rova
Title: Graduate

Post by Edswifa Rova »

HO HO HO, merry Christmas!
Supply Officer ( Buyback, Half Price Barges )
  • ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jason Eoner
Title: Manager (Teaching), Senior Personnel Officer, Teacher, Sophomore, Management

Post by Jason Eoner »

CS.jpg
Christmas? I am still recovering from all of the Thanksgiving turkey.

A couple of you might find a little something extra this year. Wherever you go, we are all lifelong learners, constantly adapting. We fight and engage as one team!
JohnPlayerNotSpecial

JohnPlayerNotSpecial wrote: 2022.11.20 19:29Time schedule: (DT = DownTime aka 11h00 Evetime)
-> 09.12.2022 till 18.12.2022 DT: Receive mail & try find gift. Dont forget to let the slave know.
Mails have been send.
signature.
JohnPlayerNotSpecial

JohnPlayerNotSpecial wrote: 2022.11.20 19:29 Time schedule: (DT = DownTime aka 11h00 Evetime)
-> 18.12.2022 till 26.12.2022 DT: Contracting & Done.
Gifting phase begins :) Happy Holidays
signature.
Donk Solette

Post by Donk Solette »

Awesome gift, TYVM santa. i love the Domi skin
Ca'ain

Post by Ca'ain »

Well done! The letter and gifts were incredible. I feel bad for the rather bland letter I wrote and the fairly normal (but useful) gift I gave. Truly excellent!!

Whoever was my secret Santa - you made my day!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Re: [Complete] Secret Santa 2022

Bonus prizes have been contracted to two persons who made an excellent effort with their mail.

Special isk donation prize to Nilova Muchova for which made me LOL irl ;)

If ppl have not gotten their gift yet let me know and i'll follow up on it.

o/
signature.