Arin! Thank you so very much for attending. Beyond the PvP experience of UFC, I really love that you never know who will show up any given week and especially enjoy when managers and directors attend. It's fantastic to meet your fellow Unistas whom you might only know from Discord. Entirely different getting to fly against them (and you flew quite well...).Arin Mara wrote: ↑2022.06.11 10:52 An exceptionally fun Event! You get paired with a Fleet Member, you jump in the arena and shoot!
Overloading, keeping up transversal, capacitor management, shooting down Drones, ... you get to experience PvP in a theater of violence! If these phrases sound foreign to you, don't worry. The winner openly explains what they did to beat you.
A few suggestions:
- if the Event moved to Slays, update the Forum Thread
- well matched capsuleers should fight to the death - when the winner is deep into hull, it is difficult to stop at 25%
- everyone should use a standardized Ship Fit - it is easier to give and receive feedback
- announce that recording/publishing of Event is ok in the Forum Thread - that's the most convenient place for pre-planned Events
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We welcome any opportunity to make things better.
- Missing the Slays move was entirely my fault. For those catching up on this thread, Stacmon is an Edencom system and as such, gives a 10% bonus to armor-tanked (or armour, if that's your preference) ships and a +1 to warp scramble strength. It was decided at the end of the last Fight Club to move to Slays in order to not have any built-in bonuses for ship fits. I'm responsible for forum posts, pings, etc. and I dropped the ball. Not an excuse, but a reason: when I PvP, I still get that crazy adrenalin dump which most certainly does not help the tabula rasa inside my poor noggin. The forum thread has been updated and all future communications will be correct. I'll also keep a pen and paper handy; if I write it down, I don't forget it. I shall also add the recording/publishing note.
- I, too, have a really hard time stopping combat (see previous about adrenalin dumps and I have individually SRP'd a player who hadn't agreed to combat to the death. They actually didn't care about it, but it was the principle that was at stake there.) and I understand your comment. However, ascertaining how well matched any two capsuleers are in a time-efficient fashion seems challenging to me. (and please correct me, anyone, if you disagree). That being said, I lean towards the death of the ship by default and have 25% hull/non-destruction of the ship be the exception. Just stating my preference; this does not mean the rules have changed.
- As to having everyone flying a standardized fit, I disagree, but I'm not discounting your feedback. The rules are quite specific about what may be flown: Tech 1 empire frigates with Tech 1 modules (meta 4 or below), and base Tech 1 ammunition and charges; the one exception being T2 Damage Control modules are allowed. The UFC fits fall within this. Or for example, so does the thoroughly unexpected sentry drone, blaster-fitted Tristan that dispatched me quite successfully a couple Fight Clubs ago. I believe that adapting and improvising when one finds your adversary isn't fitted to your expectation is fantastic training for PvP because this happens in actual PvP. Additionally, the rules are constrained well enough to allow experimentation without granting undue advantage outside of the capsuleer's inherent deviousness (might be looking at you, Rogue).