[EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.07.03 23:49

Re: [EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

A quick note for Sunday fight club next week (7/9) - I've decided to cancel it in lieu of the combat scanning practical that is being hosted an hour earlier. This way, people can focus on getting the prizes, and have some more time to cart in T1 frigs.
<<

Laser Skaron

Portrait

Post 2017.07.04 05:49

After a break last week, we're back.

I've posted it in the calendar, and will be hosting it (unless there are other more willing volunteers)
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.07.07 21:00

Laser was convening tonight - thanks!

It seems that Operation Chorogon is taking place in Amygnon during Friday Fight Club's time slot next week. That's an important event, so I don't think we should be putting Fight Club on the schedule in conflict. However, there will be lots of people waiting in Amygnon while Chorogon is forming up, and making frigates explode sounds to me like a very good way of waiting.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.07.18 23:01

I'm not able to be present this Friday. Fight Club is not currently on the calendar, but I'd be glad to offer help to anyone who might want to run it this Friday.

I will be available to run it on July 28th, but I'd be very happy to step aside if one of the people who's been mentioning that they have plans would prefer to run it on that date.
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.20 18:27

I put up the Fight Club for tomorrow. Same rules apply. T1 ships with no T2 modules, T2 drones and Faction Ammunition.

Fight Club on 21th July 2017, 19:00.

== Fitting Rules ==

#01 - Ship Hulls: Only T1 Standart Frigates are allowed.

#02 - Modules : T1 & T1 Meta are allowed. T2, Faction, COSMOS, Deadspace and Officer modules are NOT allowed.

#03 - Drones : Only T1 Drones are allowed. Faction and T2 drones are NOT allowed.

#04 - Ammunition, Charge & Scripts : Only T1 Standart ammunition, charge and scripts are allowed. T2 and Faction ammunition is NOT allowed.

#05 - Rigs : Only T1 Rigs are allowed.

#06 - Implants & Boosters : Implants and Boosters are NOT allowed . You can use the E-Uni Citadel 101 in Amygnon to switch clone. No Drugs/Booster are allowed.

== Rules of Engagement ==

#01 - Two pilots will warp to a celestial/ping bookmark and then align to their respective positions given by organizer. Then they will warp in by given command and they will engage to their opponenets freely whenever they land on-grid.

#02 - In order to win a match, the pilot should destroy the opponent's ship. Following to destruction of the opponent's ship, podding is NOT allowed under any circumstances.

#03 - A pilot can do anything to prevent the destruction of his/her ship, including warping off. Succesfully warping off from grid is considered to be draw.

#04 - If fighting persists too much, the referee can intervene and call it a draw, or it may choose to apply some damage to both parties to fasten the process.

== How to apply ==

#01 - Fit your T1 frigates.

#02 - Show up on time :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.22 09:33

After a long break I hosted this week's Fight Club yesterday and it was good. We had 11-12 pilots eager to do solo PvP and we had many matches between unistas, many victors from solo fights as well as 3 draws when the pilots warp away and evaded the destruction of their ships! And at the closing we did a deathmatch, free for all session. 6 frigates entered the Thunderdome at the same time and only 1 survived; Laser Skaron. I hope you all enjoyed and thanks for coming!
"In Blasters I Trust"

<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.07.28 17:14

I've been called in to the office unexpectedly on my day off. Consequently I won't be convening Fight Club today, but I do want to make sure the event is not cancelled - we have at least two newbies joining us for their first PvP experience. I would be very grateful to anyone who could form a Fight Club fleet at 18:30 and tell people the basic rules. It's a very easy event to run, and if you've never run a uni event before this might be a good first chance. Instructions here.
<<

Ashley Sokolov

Portrait

Post 2017.07.28 19:39

eoiles wrote:do i need to change clone if i only have +4 implants?

There is very strict no podding policy.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. [...]
~ Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear"
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.07.28 23:55

Due to an increased IRL work load, I will regrettably have to stop holding Sunday Fight Club. Anyone is more than welcome to run it in my place, but I will not be able to do it. Felix has posted a fantastic instructional guide for how to run Fight Club, located here: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=97636&start=195#p863349
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.08.05 23:33

Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. Fight Club will continue at 19:00 on Friday Aug. 11. We will be using the usual T1 frigate rules:

SPOILER WARNING!
== Fitting Rules ==

#01 - Ship Hulls: Only T1 Standard Frigates are allowed.

#02 - Modules : T1 & T1 Meta are allowed. T2, Faction, COSMOS, Deadspace and Officer modules are NOT allowed. Polarized weapons are NOT allowed. Cloaking devices are NOT allowed. All electronic warfare drones/modules are allowed.

#03 - Drones : Only T1 Drones are allowed. Faction and T2 drones are NOT allowed.

#04 - Ammunition, Charge & Scripts : Only T1 Standard ammunition, charges and scripts are allowed. T2 and Faction ammunition is NOT allowed.

#05 - Rigs : Only T1 Rigs are allowed.

#06 - Implants & Boosters : Implants and Boosters are NOT allowed . You can use the E-Uni Citadel 101 in Amygnon to switch clone.

== Rules of Engagement ==

#01 - Two pilots will simultaneously warp to one of two starting points. They will engage to their opponents freely whenever they land on-grid.

#02 - In order to win a match, the pilot should destroy the opponent's ship. Following to destruction of the opponent's ship, podding is NOT allowed under any circumstances.

#03 - A pilot can do anything to prevent the destruction of his/her ship, including warping off. Successfully warping off from grid is considered to be draw.

#04 - If fighting persists for an unreasonably long time, the referee can intervene. Referee's options include a) call it a draw, b) send in an additional frigate to make it a 1v1v1, c) gather all spectators as a fleet and attack both combatants, d) something else.

I will be running a class shortly before Fight Club at 18:00: Range Control in Solo PvP. If you are new to solo PvP and want to learn the difference between brawling and kiting this might be helpful. It will also cover the basics of fitting for solo combat.
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.08.12 00:46

Thanks to everyone who came out today, especially the people who were getting their first PvP experience. One ship was killed by CONCORD, which I think is a first for us.

Friday Fight Club is off the schedule for next week because noob's night in the hole is running in our usual time slot. That event is a very good thing for new players to try, and I don't want to conflict with it.

We need a volunteer to run Fight Club in two week's time since I may be out of town. Would someone care to volunteer? Anyone who's been to Fight Club before can do it - it's not hard, and it's a good first event if you've never run an event before, particularly since there will almost certainly be several experienced people there to offer you help. What I usually do before Fight Club.
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.09.05 23:03

Due to a change in my schedule I'm not going to be able to run Friday Fight Club in Fall 2017. I have plans for a weekend event in the near future, but I'm not going to be able to drop by on Fridays.

So, Fight Club needs a new organizer. This is an unofficial job which involves (a) running Fight Club on some Fridays and (b) encouraging other people to run it on other Fridays, especially encouraging new players and freshmen who've never taken charge of an event before.

What I do to set up for a Fight Club Event: not much. It's a very easy event for the organizer to run, particularly because there are lots of regular attendees who are able to teach.

This is EVE University's longest running weekly event, providing lots of learning opportunities and lots of content. Who's going to keep it going?
Previous

Return to Corporation Events