[EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Post 2017.04.11 09:48

Re: [EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Felix Jugo wrote:I see both Fight Clubs on the schedule for Friday. Good. I can run the 19:00 EUTZ event, at least for the next few weeks.

How have HSC Fight Club traditions changed while I've been away in the past few months? We're still doing T1 frigates with T1/meta fittings, correct? Still beginning fights by simultaneous warp-in? Cruiser hunts? Battle royales?

The OP was updated with how I was last doing things. As soon as I get a free moment, I'll send out an update with the newest times and any format changes you want to make.
<<

BatFC

Portrait

Post 2017.04.13 09:21

Original EUTZ fightclub is also happening?
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.04.13 23:02

Original fight club is happening, both in the sense that it will take place at 19:00 and in the sense that it's overrun with beatniks.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.04.16 01:02

EUTZ went fine. Slightly low attendance due to the late announcement, but good fights were had, including one epic-length Tristan-Tristan duel. However, we did see a couple of weird crimes.

First, Calaheim Koraka got miffed(?) about losing a duel and shot up the bleachers in a Svipul.Image
He was pretty good about letting the rest of us blow up his ship subsequently.

Second, and far more disturbing, I found something while cleaning up the wrecks after the event: drugs! A dose of Synth Exile Booster that someone had left in their cargohold. I think this calls for a new rule: no bringing drugs to fight club unless you bring enough for everyone. Not kidding: it'd be good for newbies to learn to take drugs in a safe environment.

Don't forget to comment on your kills and losses on the killboard.

Fight Club EUTZ is on the calendar for next week. I hope USTZ went well.
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.16 01:17

Was just about to post a status update on USTZ's Fight Club!

It went well, though had slightly lower attendance than the EUTZ. To try to remedy this, I'll be changing the date of mine to Sunday at 23:00, that way people don't get too fight clubbed-out.

After fight club ended a few of us went out in pirate and T1 frigs and shot up aimed for a Flycatcher in lowsec only to have it one shot us all.

Felix, in terms of Fight Club's ending with the cruiser hunt or one-for-all, did you want to alternate weeks? That way we both aren't doing the same thing and keep things fresh. I can do the cruiser hunt next week.
<<

Azure Rogue

Portrait

Post 2017.04.16 01:35

Arashi Shizukana wrote:To try to remedy this, I'll be changing the date of mine to Sunday at 23:00, that way people don't get too fight clubbed-out.

FC, it's Sunday...how does Friday Night Fight Club work?
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.16 02:08

Well, now that there are two for two different time zones, it can be changed around. Once we get both Fight Clubs set up and going I'll make my own thread detailing Sunday's USTZ one, to prevent any confusion.
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.19 00:18

Update! Because I'm an idiot and forgot to check my calendar, Sunday Fight Club has been moved to 23:30. I hope to see everyone there.

o7
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.04.29 01:01

It would seem that I made a mistake with the calendar. (I could see fight club on the web calendar, but it was not on the in-game calendar). As a result, there were two conflicting events running in Fight Club's usual time slot, I decided to cancel.Along with the few people who did turn out, I joined Decklin's fleet and roamed lowsec.

I blame drugs. I'd brought enough for everyone and was planning to share, goal being to give our new players a sense of what boosters are about. Arashi, I'll contract you a hundred doses of cheap boosters for use on Sunday.

I'm not going to be able to attend fight club next week. I'll need a volunteer to run EUTZ next Friday. I'm willing to offer a trivially small bribe.
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.29 04:24

Appreciate the boost, Felix; I'll make sure the newbros get addicted. Hope the roam went well.
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.04.30 07:53

Arashi, could you ask on Sunday for a volunteer to run fight club EUTZ on Friday May 5? I can't attend, and I don't want to post the event to the calendar without someone to run it.
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.04.30 15:46

Alright, Felix, I'll ask around tonight.
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2017.05.02 22:20

Since no one has stepped forward to run the event, Friday Fight Club EUTZ has not been posted to the calendar. If no one wants to run it this week, it will be cancelled for this week and will resume on Friday May 12. If no one is willing to run it, it should be cancelled.

It's about 40 minutes work. Newbies can run this event - it's easy. You might need to learn a thing or two (how to form a fleet) but that's good knowledge to have.

What must be done to run the event:

Days before the event (preferably a week):
- Make a forum post announcing that the event will run this week
- Post the event to the in-game calendar. (If you are a freshman, ask someone to post it for you)

On the day of the event:
- Half an hour before the event, create a fleet (make a "message of the day" telling people to go to HSC-PvP mumble, create extra squads)
- In Alliance chat, mention that the event will take place in 30 min
- Drop an MTU at the "center" bookmark
- Five minutes before starting, make one last announcement in Alliance chat
- See who needs help with fits (and see who can provide help - there's lots of vets around, you don't have to give advice yourself)
- Remind people of the rules (T1 fits, fight till escape/explosion, no podding)

During the event:
- Ask people to X up in fleet chat who's ready to fight
- Pick two people who are ready (any way you like)
- Count them down before they warp to red/blue
- Repeat

After the event:
- Scoop the loot and drop it in the donations bin at the citadel

That's it. If you want EUTZ Fight Club to happen this week, make it happen.
<<

eoiles

Portrait

Post 2017.05.12 17:59

do i need to change clone if i only have +4 implants?
<<

Arashi Shizukana

Portrait

Post 2017.05.14 19:34

Hello everyone,
Unfortunately, due to a change in RL schedule I will not be able to run Fight Club this week. If anyone would like to take it over for this week, they are more than welcome to. I am more than happy to explain how it is run, and Felix also posted a great guide a couple posts above this one. Also, due to the spike in WT activity (there's a Nemesis in Amy as I'm typing this), if Fight Club is run, on-grid guards (in the form of a couple cruisers) would probably be necessary to prevent them from thinking that its easy prey.
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events