[Fleet] :CCP: Stood us up, so we killed everything

Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

Re: [Fleet] :CCP: Stood us up, so we killed everything

Post by Conci Furiram »

Fleets like this remind me why I dislike flying in k-space. I was lagged out during all the big fights. I couldn't keep up with the broadcasts cause it wouldn't finish locking the target—it would finish the locking circle and just sit there for 5-10s. After I lost my beautiful red caracal, I could not warp out my pod, even spamming warp on a celestial. It was completely lagged out. I had to restart EVE and warp myself after the fight was over. Then there's the constant TiDi and gate lag. :ccp: plz

About the "event fits": I took those directly from the fleet-up doctrine "CT Treblecats". I'm not knowledgeable enough about blob fleets to know if it is a gudfit™ or outdated fit. Sorry about that.
Kyle Hargrove

Post by Kyle Hargrove »

Don't worry too much, Conci: your help figuring out the fits was actually invaluable. As it always happens, we see things better in hindsight. Next time, for the "real" CCP fleet, we'll have everything ready 8D

Also, yeah, KSpace is scary and strange :|
Coaxster

Post by Coaxster »

I knew I shouldn't have brought a knife to a gunfight -- a rifle shoot out at that. My trusty wolf (how many roams had it survived? sigh) got in close fast and those ANIs were NOT happy about it. I didn't see any other broadcasts yet so on the offhand chance logi were close enough, I broadcast and it was fun watching my shield bounce up and down from 0 to 100. It kept a lot of attention on me for quite some time I think. But slowly damage got through. Final round had me at 2% structure, I saw shields go full up, then down and was dead. Logi did great handling the alpha as long as they did. Switched to a noobship fit with RSD, came back, irritated their logi until eventually one of the galmil logi couldn't take it, pulled in rep drones, sent flight of drones after me and my repper (hey it was a FIT noobship!) couldn't keep up. In short, quite a fun fight! Well done all (oh and BTW, galmil then stomped a couple of fleets afterwards, including a carrier...).
--- FCC Graduate! EUNI Graduate! ---
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

I wish I was there.. sad I missed it and even more sad CCP didn't show up. :(
But it still looks like you had fun shooting things! And bring some Draeks pls..

Regarding missiles against small tackle, they are.. meh, if your ship does not have a bonus on missile speed, they get completely confused against fast targets and won't hit by any means.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ta'soo

Post by Ta'soo »

I brought a Bellicose (slightly modified fit with 1 less TP and more tank, although it turned out I wasn't primaried even once). Had a lot of fun, however the main problem most of the Bellicoses had was short locking range (~54km on my fit) so sometimes I was out of range to lock and paint some stuff (RLML's range is >37km anyway). Our EWAR commander and anchor were good in moving us closer though, so I managed to paint and shoot most of the called targets. We had problems with countering the very-fast moving malediction, garmur and svipul, but in the end managed to luckily kill some of them. Better anti-tackle ships need to be tested, as per Kyle's suggestions.

I also recorded all the fights and edited a video out of them - actually two versions, one longer with fleet comms and normal speed for posting here (after it uploads to YouTube, might take several hours), and another sped up version with music. I'll post links to them when I finish uploading.
Grygr Anzomi

Post by Grygr Anzomi »

Jindo Lee wrote:I hate my timezone...
Saturday the 30th of May, 20:00 Evetime, is 16:00 EST or 13:00 PST :D That should be better for all our USTZ Bro's
ALL IS WELL IN THE END, IF ALL'S NOT WELL ITS NOT THE END
Former NSC Manager| Teacher | Uni Nomad | Chill-Towner | Penguin
Laz Orti

Post by Laz Orti »

My Cerberus performed well in the anti-tackle role. No TPs though. Although the Svipul pilot could have used some TP after that.
Alaik

Post by Alaik »

Sol Anti wrote:For reference for future Treblecat fleets: some of us were using the NSC fit (Signal Amplifier, 2x BCS) which seemed more useful in practice than the fit linked in the Events thread (3x BCS).
I did notice at one point that target ships were drifting in and out of locking range, and my missile range was 20km further than I was able to target, so I'll be switching out to the NSC fit for next time.

On the organisation and target calling, you guys are frankly inspirational to listen to.

I wonder how many fleets I'd have to whelp to glorious fireballs to get to be THAT calm with 200+ people on grid? =)
Cheggers TrouserCough

Post by Cheggers TrouserCough »

Thaks for the awesome fleet, Grygr. The fact that you were fc and fleet anchor at the same time... well, I salute you, sir. o7

I have one suggestion, aimed at E-Uni as a whole and those who dictate doctrines in particular, based on two things that happened to me during the fight:

1: At times I and other members of the fleet were out of targeting range of the most desirable primary target so we had to waste time burning towards them. My missiles were easily in range but I was out of targeting range by 15km or so.

2: During the final fight I got primaried (which is no problem). There was so much dps being applied to me that my armour and hull were blasted through in one volley - even with a damage control ii switched on.

So... could we change the Caracal fit to have a signal amplifier instead of a damage control? This may sound like fitting heresy to some but I dont believe upping your hull resistances (with a damage control) means anything when being primaried by the sort of fleets treblecats are designed to take on. I know there is also a 2x bcs + sig amp fit, but I feel the fleet dps is more important here than 60% hull resists. With a sig amp we would target faster, with less range difficulties and therefore apply damage faster over a wider range. This would make the job easier for the fc/anchor as we would command more of the field, and yes we would, as individuals, get blapped ever so slightly faster. But our shield tank and our dps mods would be unaffected (I know a damage control boosts shields too but it is very small).

No doubt I haven't realised something, here. (Like it's been mentioned 1000 times before etc.)

Cheggers.

P.S. In the time it has taken me to write this Alaik submitted his post above mentioning the range problem - seems I'm not alone then :)
Grygr Anzomi

Post by Grygr Anzomi »

Cheggers TrouserCough wrote:Fittings Changes for Range Issues.
Having a look at EFT, your issue is not a fitting issue but a skill issue.

Assuming you have level III in Long Range Targeting, you should have a lock range on the standard Caracal fit of 66.1KM. Assuming level III in Missile Bombardment and Missile Projection, you have an engagement range of 61.4 KM, almost 5KM less than you lock range, hence no sig Amp needed.

I assume these skills at III, and will generally broadcast targets that are within 60KM, or will soon be, as this is a Uni fleet and I doubt many people will have these skills above that where yes your engagement range starts to be longer than your lock range.
ALL IS WELL IN THE END, IF ALL'S NOT WELL ITS NOT THE END
Former NSC Manager| Teacher | Uni Nomad | Chill-Towner | Penguin
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

Grygr Anzomi wrote:
Cheggers TrouserCough wrote:Fittings Changes for Range Issues.
I'm not sure if this is easy to do in fleet-up, but it probably wouldn't hurt to have minimum skills posted for each doctrine. I've gotten burned in the past by things like range, or AB speed, etc. My missile skills are fairly lousy, and I don't think I've ever actually fired a laser in PVP, so I try to fly DD mainly in drone or hybrid doctrine fleets.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Speig Yotosala

Post by Speig Yotosala »

It's a good idea to have all support skills trained to at least 3. It doesn't take that long, and skills like long range targeting buff every ship in the game.
Small gang (5/5) Frigs/Dessies (5/5) Armor Brawling (5/5) Shield Kiting (5/5) Experimental (5/5)
Cheggers TrouserCough

Post by Cheggers TrouserCough »

Grygr Anzomi wrote:
Fair enough. :wink:
Ta'soo

Post by Ta'soo »

Video uploaded - version with fleet comms - make sure you select 1080p - enjoy:

https://youtu.be/6XxTp6_0COU

Also, I'm open to comments and suggestions about my recording, editing and piloting skills ;)
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

Ta'soo wrote:Also, I'm open to comments and suggestions about my recording, editing and piloting skills ;)
Thanks for the video. Quick comment RE piloting - when you anchored up you picked keep at range. You probably should have chosen orbit. You're in a missile boat, so your tracking isn't a factor. However, by orbiting you increase your general motion and thus somewhat reduce the effectiveness of enemy tracking and missiles. You only want to use keep at range if you really want to be still.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image