Relic Site and Loot Pinata

<<

Celana K'Tar

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 09:53

Hello Unistas!

I recently started up with exploration and was a bit unhappy with the new loot pinata.

Today I stumbled over someone that claimed that a cargo scanner could actually see the loot before it is spewn into space - so that you probably could gauge which kind of container to focus on to get a bigger chance of getting the juicy bits of loot.

Has anyone already a chart of the relation of container name to loot type?

Flay pointed us to this list:
http://neural-boost.com/minicontainer-loot-distribution
Last edited by Celana K'Tar on 2013.06.06 06:48, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Bosozoku Kane

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 10:22

Material container may contain encryptors
<<

Celana K'Tar

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 11:02

Re: Relic Site and Loot Pinata

Thanks! I will try to compile a list here. So, tonight some scanning.
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 11:19

I was cargo scanning the cans before hacking them today and the contents were shown.

I didn't scan any on the spawned containers as I was too busy trying to grab them all!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Celana K'Tar

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 11:27

Yes, but if you knew a valuable blueprint is in the loot, you could concentrate on the Data Containers.
<<

Flay Geobukseon

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 17:28

:twilightblush: Pony Play :twilightsmile:
The story of a master and his beloved pet.
A Kelduum Revaan and Twilight Sparkle fan fiction.
<<

Yazeera Ming

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 20:14

I was about to start mapping out this myself as well
<<

Ion Blacknight

Portrait

Post 2013.06.05 21:24

BobbyRush wrote:I was cargo scanning the cans before hacking them today and the contents were shown.

Excellent, I was about to give up on exploration as a waste of time....
Image Image Image Image
<<

Layna Altol

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 00:33

From what I can tell it's definitely not a waste of time; yes there's low value items, but during my lunch hour today I did one site of 5 cans and got ~5 mil of random stuff- not counting a bunch of rig components that aren't valued yet. I think it's a matter of finding a good site and getting an idea of whats there with a scanner.
<<

Flay Geobukseon

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 01:05

I'm assuming you're talking about Data Sites also since you mentioned encryptors. In my experience, Relic sites have been a waste of time (in highsec and lowsec). In Data sites (lowsec), I've managed to find a decent amount of isk by going for Parts Container which had encryptors (maybe around 30m per site on average?). I don't remember seeing any encryptors in material cans, but I haven't really kept a close eye on what those gave. I just know that if a cargo scan shows encryptors, I will definitely find them in parts containers.

Its not great isk, but its something newbies can do without too much training. For lowsec sites, the Hacking and Archaeology skills at 4 were sufficient. I get most hacks on the first try, if not the second. Only very rarely have I had a can explode on a 2nd fail. I do not have the hacking rigs, but I might try them later. Having the right strategy helps a lot, blindly clicking on any open dot is not a good plan for successful hacks.
<<

Celana K'Tar

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 06:47

Flay Geobukseon wrote:http://neural-boost.com/minicontainer-loot-distribution

Thank you very much!
<<

Flay Geobukseon

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 07:05

Grabbing the right cans makes a huge difference in site payout, so having a cargo scanner is essential. I did a few more relic sites in lowsec today, and the isk wasn't nearly as good as data sites, but if you check the cans for decent potential salvage and go for the material and parts cans, you can make isk with some luck. I haven't seen any worthwhile BPCs in relic sites yet, but maybe those are in nullsec.
<<

Iri Ryorki

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 09:10

This link is really useful, thanks! I was grabbing Data first mistakenly believing that's where the Decryptors and Datacores were.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Ekcim

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 10:26

Thanks for the link. It isn't entirely complete though. I've found a faction starbase module bpc in a relic data minican.
<<

Chuck Maverick

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 11:22

Ekcim wrote:

Thanks for the link. It isn't entirely complete though. I've found a faction starbase module bpc in a relic data minican.

I don't think it's completely accurate either, I cargo scanned a relic can and saw 3 Spacial Attunement Units, but even though I grabbed every data container I didn't get them. I have a feeling they may actually drop from parts containers, but have no evidence to back this up yet.

In much more upbeat news, I got a Sansha Control Tower BPC from a data container in a highsec relic site! :D
WHC Officer
Next

Return to Exploration and Wormholes