Forum Signatures

<<

Static Avis

Portrait

Post 2012.04.09 21:52

Forum Signatures

Alright. Hi. I'm Static, and unlike a majority of the Eve player base, I'm not a wizard with computers and things of the nature (or whatever this relates too). So I was wondering if you all could help me out with just some customization related things on forums in general. The only thing I'm really asking here is where/how does one make/obtain a signature for a forum? I've never figured it out.
Thanks!

Static Avis
I'll kill you with friendship. And ponies.
<<

Soko99

Portrait

Post 2012.04.09 22:00

Forum Signatures

I think its battleclinic that has a tool you can use to make one up real quick. Otherwise. All You need is to have a jpg of a certain size (160x300 iirc) and then link the location the file is hosted under the signature tab of the forums user control panel.
<<

Edward Kurvora

Portrait

Post 2012.04.09 22:03

Re: Forum Signatures

What do you want from your signature the university killboard provides reasonably good dynamic signature based on kills if you want a more personal signature you'le need someone to make a custom sig for you.

Former ILN Officer • Former LSC Logistics Officer • Graduate
<<

Smoogle

Portrait

Post 2012.04.10 01:11

The important thing is to not go overboard, it's a design element that you don't need to cram EVERYTHING into.

Not much other than that really, you can put pretty much anything in a picture... just keep it reasonable.
:pinkiecrazy:
<<

Gath Ra'nan

Portrait

Post 2012.04.10 01:30

If I'm hearing the question correctly, the answer is:

1) Near the top right corner of every page on the forum (just under Search) there are four links. Choose the leftmost one, titled "User Control Panel".
2) On the resulting page, choose "Profile" from the list of choices on the left.
3) Click "Edit signature" from the new choices under "Profile".

You can then paste in text (up to 9999 characters, but realistically keep it to a couple lines), links, and image references.
Links are entered as
  Code:
[url=http://the-url-you-want-to-link-to/]the-text-you-want-to-link[/url]
Images are entered as
  Code:
[img]http://the-url-of-the-image-you-want-to-link-to/[/img]

If you want a ready-made Uni/IVY signature like mine, you can visit the University Killboard, "Search" for yourself (top bar, third from the right), and click "Extended Signature" at the bottom of the "Menu" box on the right. This will provide a few options you can copy/paste from.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Combat · Sir Ninja-Edits-a-Lot · Ribbons
<<

Static Avis

Portrait

Post 2012.04.10 01:43

Thanks. I know this is silly, but I was really bored. (Best excuse ever?)
I'll kill you with friendship. And ponies.
<<

Elise Severasse

Portrait

Post 2012.05.25 08:50

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how people post the nice little signature from the killboard that links directly back to the kill board. Found the code for the killboard graphic with info, not sure of the construct used to add the link to an image??

Wondered how I join these two together, sorry for the low kill count, have only just starting the route into PVP.

o7. Elise.
Last edited by Elise Severasse on 2012.05.25 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Morgrell

Portrait

Post 2012.05.25 12:27

You embed the image tag within the url tag:

Code:
[url=http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=27012][img]http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=rankmod_sig&i=27012&s=raven[/img][/url]
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Elise Severasse

Portrait

Post 2012.05.25 13:11

Thank you Morgrell,

Think I have an ordering issue on my html. So need to get my head back to coding mode.

o7. Elise.
<<

Yornic

Portrait

Post 2012.05.27 06:28

There are also plenty of people who will make a sig for you and send you the image. My signature image is courtesy of Lea Nomada, and I've forgotten who made the full sig.

<Master of Squee>
Drunk post, please ignore.

:fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee: :fluttersquee:

..., ..., Ornic.
http://i.imgur.com/NAD6D.jpg
<<

Vells

Portrait

Post 2013.04.13 17:04

If I change my signature does it automatically change it on all of my previous posts or just future ones ?
<<

Smoogle

Portrait

Post 2013.04.13 17:11

It's attached to the person, not the post. So it changes them all.
:pinkiecrazy:
<<

Gabriel Finch

Portrait

Post 2013.04.13 21:48

Now that this topic has been necro'd, I might as well ask this question again here! :)

Is there any way to enable the "title" BBCode tag on our forum?
Former:
Teacher | Graduate | WHC Member | NSC Member
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2013.04.14 02:56

I've replied to your original thread.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."

Return to General Chat & Discussion