Helios Cov Ops Exploration Setup

<<

Raldor Marchander

Portrait

Post 2007.03.28 21:00

Helios Cov Ops Exploration Setup

I'm thinking of using a Helios Cov Ops ship to do low sec exploration. Does anyone have a good setup for the Helios?

Thanks,

Raldor
<<

Death's Embrace

Portrait

Post 2007.03.28 21:03

Well I always present this link for any ship setup questions....

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=333309
<<

Ronan Teisdari

Portrait

Post 2007.03.28 21:30

Not much you can do with it.

But this is what I run:

Hi:
Covert Ops Cloak
Scan Probe Launcher

Med:
MWD

Low:
2x I-Stab

Rig:
2x Gravity Capacitor Upgrade
<<

Ferana

Portrait

Post 2007.03.28 23:51

Small shield booster and either resists or 3x analyzers/codebreakers as appropriate in the other 4 mids. Small shield booster for more precise cap control so that you can do short warps, and so that you have a ghetto tank for light-damage exploration sites. Analyzers/codebreakers should be self-explanatory.

And fill the third low with a speedmod too :)
<<

Ronan Teisdari

Portrait

Post 2007.03.29 04:18

I should note, that I use the Helios only for scanning the sites down, and taking a peek if possible at whats there.

I then use an Enyo or Ishkur to run the site and do the hack/salv/arch.
<<

Raldor Marchander

Portrait

Post 2007.03.29 15:22

Great suggestions. I'll try them out. Are exploration sites deadspace? Would an AB be better if you are going to venture inside?

Thanks,

Raldor
<<

Remedios Sonrisa

Portrait

Post 2007.03.29 16:17

Sure looks like it from the video link that Ech provided (i.e., you need to jump through the gate to enter the complexes). Some other mods that the video suggests, rightfully, are the mods for mining (survey scanner), hacking (codebreaker) and archaeology (whatever that is called).
<<

Ronan Teisdari

Portrait

Post 2007.03.29 19:17

Raldor Marchander wrote:Great suggestions. I'll try them out. Are exploration sites deadspace? Would an AB be better if you are going to venture inside?

Most are deadspace, or atleast deadspace areas. I use the MWD on the helios for scanning, and a AB on the Ishkur for doing that's needed.
<<

Caligulus

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2007.03.31 07:47

With the MWD, cov-ops cloak and the recon launcher, you're going to have a hard time fitting anything else on a Helios. Cov-Ops ships are not meant for any combat...their tank is their invisibility. if you're fitting hardeners you're going to lose it. =P
No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.
<<

Echelon2A

Portrait

Post 2007.03.31 11:00

*ALL* exploration is deadpsace yes :) but your kinda safe in deadspaces whitout a mwd ... this has been discussed over and over again buuut ... be ware some or many of the exploration deadpsaces had "gas" clouds that prevent or bump you out of cloacking! and som of them times 10 times the harder rats then the system security lvl woud relate to ..

Return to Questions & Answers