[Small Gang Thursday] VII - E-Uni drops capitals!

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Small Gang Thursday] VII - E-Uni drops capitals!

Post by Budda Sereda »

As very often on Thursdays (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=107273), we had a small gang fleet (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108001).

We got 1 T2 Logy (thanks, Wokum!), 2 T3D, Arashi scouted in Ares, few T1 dessies:
Spoiler
Aiden Chance
Arashi Shizukana
Budda Sereda
Gemma Solett
Raxon Noseworthy
Space Warfare Development
Wokum
We moved into Syndicate, have some shenanigan, killed few bubbles in 6-C

(03:34:56) 6-CZ49
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.82m

lost a dessie
(03:54:18) MHC-R3
Coercer -15.9m
Capsule -0.01m

Overall Syndicate was really boring so we moved towards C4C.

Quite quickly we found a gang, killed all 3 having no loses:
(04:31:47) MJYW-3
Sabre +91.96m
Stabber +30.81m
Maller +45.22m
I like this fight so much also because I was primaried, switched to defensive mode, OH my Invulnerability field, and was able to tank alive for quite long until we got logy with us (unfortunately Wokum get behind during our free burn), luckily to me he caught up in time.

Later we ganked a Vexor:
(04:41:56) O-BDXB
Vexor +15.5m
Capsule +0.01m
He was really upset about his loss so I've send him some ISKs and invited to E-Uni :)

Out next engagement did not go well. Arashi was looking for VNIs in the system, I've asked Gemma to go ahead to combat scan VNIs while Hecate and Caracals landed on him. Gemma wanted to jump and probably should, but instead, I asked him to get point on opponents. I was afraid that if they jump through they will run away.
They got Hurricane FI and 1 Hecate, somehow I pulled a bit of range and got rets from logies, we get down 1 Hecate, were working on another and I thought we are winning... but Wokum went down, at this point I realized we are losing and called fleet to scatter.
(04:58:37) DY-F70
Hecate -91.38m
Hecate +78.81m
Kirin -60.27m
Jackdaw -109.35m
I guess here if they jumped through we would still catch a Caracal. And if they did not run, we would have more chances to kill them quicker.
We went back to Stack without reaching the goal but had 2 really interesting fights.

And in Ost,... we spotted a gang of few T3Ds, Arashi advised to cyno drop them, Space fit a cyno, I got a ceptor... the rest of fleet got assorted DDs. They had quite a lot on grid (few faction cruisers, Loki, Tengu, Succubus, Thorax, Garmur, HFI), I could easily tackle anything, but would be killed in a matter of seconds before we get secondary tackle. Plus I never really was involved into a cyno drop so it was a bit messy.
We got a chat that Arashi needs a cyno around 100-150km away, we got Space in a position at a range to the gate... and prepared a trap.

After some shenanigan, they all run away, I warped to 1 wreck, non-fleshy Tengu landed on me, he landed scram on me, I returned a favour...
I was quite nervous, so could not say a word :) in 20 seconds I was able to squeeze: "Scram, Drop a cyno, warp to Budda".
Arashi landed together with pretty much whole that gang, I was primaried, but somehow Tengu dropped a scram (why?), and once I confirmed secondary point I bounced. Same did that fleet and Arashi dispatched the Tengu:

(05:25:04) Ostingele
Enyo -47.23m
Tengu +535.96m
Not sure how often E-Uni does a cyno drop, but this does count :)

Wokum somehow managed to get on kill mail of Loki :)
Loki +654.37m
Purifier -59.7m
Cormorant -22.6m

In the end, was lost 2 ships when I was confused by who is sitting in a large plex: apparently Tempest and ONI had support from his fleet mates
(05:46:49) Ostingele
Catalyst -10.1m
Enyo -45.71m
Sorry folks.

ISK Destroyed: 1,456,712,322.16
ISK Lost: 462,250,654.34
ISK Delta: 994,461,667.82
Efficiency: 75.911%

Summary:
After some chill in Syndicate we had quite a bit of content and fun, was a typical nice small gang fleet with many talks. I enjoyed it a lot and thankful to all for coming!

Learning points:
I guess I need to keep improving my feeling on when to disengage: we could avoid losing 2 T3D and Logy.

P.S. Please come tomorrow to a fleet https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108014
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [Small Gang Thursday] VII - E-Uni drops capitals!

Post by Budda Sereda »

@Arashi: could you please explain the mechanic on why did you want to be at range? Just to stay safe so they can't tackle you?
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [Small Gang Thursday] VII - E-Uni drops capitals!

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

ty very much for fleet :D i had fun