[Fleet] Kiting Frigates 2017-11-20 18:30

Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[Fleet] Kiting Frigates 2017-11-20 18:30

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

On Monday we went on a roam in kiting frigates, relying on our speed and ewar to survive without logi. This kind of fleet can be remarkably survivable in the right circumstances, especially against larger ships. This survival relies on pilots pulling range and warping away when in danger, as well as

We had a number of fun skirmishes and mostly traded favourably, but with a couple exceptions.

Roam Members:
Spoiler
Azalee Madeveda
B'aldrick Aivoras
Baro Gaar (Recently rejoined the Uni - welcome back) :)
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Jax Renalard
Jonathan Wolf
Kaefer117 ( newbro - welcome! )
Kora K
Laser Skaron (2IC)
Mols Halleck
Oh' Leeador
Rebulah Conundrum
Rikali Laru
Svetlora (Newbro - welcome! )
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo (Scout)
Zarquu Fussuhfusus (Sodum Chloride generator)
ashahara (backup 3rd scout - but quickly promoted)
geldy
We started our trip out towards Heydieles, so that we could pick up a pilot from the HSC on the way past Ouletta (That didn't *quite* work - more on that in a minute)

(19:17:39Z) Heydieles
Ashahara wrote:I'm never tackling a destroyer again!
In Heydieles, Ashahara found a Cormorant, and went in for tackle on him. Unfortunately, Ashahara's Kestrel got caught with a scram and web, so quickly died to the Cormorant's blasters. The Cormorant pilot also managed to take down Azalee and Union in their Condors before we finished him off. This fight is a good example of how important it is to pull range asap when flying kiting ships.
Kestrel -10.91m
Capsule -6.3m
Condor -7.68m
Condor -12.99m
Cormorant +18.14m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:24:18Z) Old Man Star
Kaefer117 wrote:Uh guys.. Flashies on the gate in Old Man Star.. I'm caught.. uh, guys?
Unfortunately, on his way to join us from Amygnon Kaefer117 had his route set to prefer safer, which took him through Old Man Star, instead of joining us through Oueletta. I had forgotten to tell him to set his route to prefer shorter. Oops! He got caught by a group on a gate in Old Man Star, while the fleet was in Abune.
Kestrel -2.86m
Capsule -0.01m

(19:27:44Z) Pynekastoh
Travelling through Pynekastoh, we had to avoid a Mjolnir Bloc gang of rail Cormorants, but unfortunately two of our newer pilots got caught unaligned. This rail cormorant gang out-ranged us, and out-dps'd us as well. It's basically trying to do the same things we do, but they do it better.
Maulus -0.74m
Condor -7.5m

(19:46:20Z) Hikkoken
Decklin wrote:Hmm, I wonder if we can 3rd-party this?
We had spent a few minutes watching both the Mjolnir Bloc Cormorants and the Holy Cookie fleet of armour assault frigates in Hikkoken, while we waited in Pynekastoh. Our scouts had caught sight of a Brutix Navy Issue in Enaluri that we wanted to go grab, but we had to get past these two fleets first, preferably without them realising we were around. However, the Cookie fleet stubbornly remained in Hikkoken instead of chasing off towards Imuri as we had hoped. They started fighting another frigate gang at a tactical off the Nennamaila gate in Hikkoken, so I decided to see if we could join the fray.

We managed to pick off one Tristan, and very very nearly an Enyo who was out of position, but he managed to catch reps in low armour. This skirmish was a tricky one, trying to maintain our distance from the bulk of the fight, warping the fleet at range to wrecks, killing stragglers, and warping away again. Unfortunately we did lose a bit more here than we killed, but it was fun.

Tristan +15.54m
Executioner -5.97m
Condor -6.94m
Kestrel -7.83m
Capsule -0.01m

(20:21:59Z) Vlillirier
In Vli, our scouts found a Myrmiddon who was up for a fight vs our frigates - we fought him at a large plex. Unfortunately, I landed nearly on top of him, and he got a scram on me while I was busy giving orders, before I could pull away. Oops. Laser took over and did a good job calling the fight, focusing damage on the Myrmidon's drones, and wearing him down. As I was leaving to go reship, I saw that the HCOOK scouts were approaching us, and their fleet was ready to jump in. Based on this, Laser got the fleet aligned out ready to warp, just as a Machariel and also the HCOOK scout arrived at the large. The Myrmiddon got away, and HCOOK murdered the Machariel.
Eddie wrote:Did anyone get on that Machariel kill?
Yes, Kora did.
Caldari Navy Hookbill -25.25m
Tristan -1.49m
Machariel +964.77m

(20:33:51Z) Eha
I don't know the full details of this, but Laser led the gang up towards Martoh, and the fleet killed an Exequror Navy Issue without taking any losses. Nicely done :)
Exequror Navy Issue +108.16m
Capsule +0.67m

(20:42:26Z) Iralaja
Dotlan was showing a significant amount of activity around Martoh and Iralaja, so we took a look there as our last stop before heading home.

As we waited in Martoh on the Ira gate, an Armageddon landed with us. He wasn't flashy, so we couldn't engage him on the gates. He jumped through, and we followed. I took the fleet to a nearby plex, and invited the pilot to come fight us:
Decklin wrote:Medium :) - oShurinberGo
Thankfully our motley crew of firgates didn't appear too threatening (I think Zarquu's griffin was hiding off-grid at the time). The Armageddon joined us outside the medium plex, and the fight was on. We lost several people who were holding a scram on the 'geddon, in case he had an MJD fit, but the fleet eventually took him down, and warped away as another fleet landed. Zarquu was kind enough to focus his jams on the Armageddon's drones instead of the ship itself, to give the guy a good fight. Unfortunately, Zarquu got caught at the end, unable to warp off due to natural phenomena.
Vigil Fleet Issue -33.53m
Kestrel -9.72m
Condor -15.43m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -26.66m
Armageddon +245.19m
Griffin -19.72m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,352,479,022.74
ISK Lost: 201,551,129.55
ISK Delta: 1,150,927,893.19
Efficiency: 87.03%
Fun factor: high!

I really enjoyed this fleet - I like the skirmishing style of the kiting frigates, being able to disengage at will, as well as make use of ewar to beat what would normally be a much stronger opponent.

It also seems that this size and type of composition appears very engageable and people are willing to take fights against it, where they wouldn't if we had logi with us.

Thanks for the fleet, everyone :)
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [Fleet] Kiting Frigates 2017-11-20 18:30

Post by Laser Skaron »

Huh, I would have totally left the Mach kill out of the stats.

I'm a bit surprised no one noticed the Geddon was using missles during that fight. And by no one I'm specifically referring to me, who was doing weapon disruption. We got so focused on how to disable his turrets before the fight started that we didn't realize he had none. I didn't have missle disruption turned on to ensure I was cap stable. (My ewar skills aren't very good, I actually don't know if that fit is stable with all modules on with better skills).
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote: I don't know the full details of this, but Laser led the gang up towards Martoh, and the fleet killed an Exequror Navy Issue without taking any losses. Nicely done :)
I believe Zarquu basically had him permajammed, and people in the fleet thought he was baiting and did not want to agro. I believe there was a Vexor with him at that medium, and called primary on the Exec Navy before we landed. I actually have no clue if the Vexor got away before we landed or we just did not manage to land tackle.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Laser Skaron wrote:
Decklin Quark Reiger wrote: I don't know the full details of this, but Laser led the gang up towards Martoh, and the fleet killed an Exequror Navy Issue without taking any losses. Nicely done :)
I believe Zarquu basically had him permajammed, and people in the fleet thought he was baiting and did not want to agro. I believe there was a Vexor with him at that medium, and called primary on the Exec Navy before we landed. I actually have no clue if the Vexor got away before we landed or we just did not manage to land tackle.
Yeah, I initially spotted the Vexor and ENI in the plex, and went for it with Eddie iirc, and the vanguard joined after we slided. The Vexor was gone, but we still managed to catch the ENI.
Decklin wrote:
Eddie wrote:Did anyone get on that Machariel kill?
Yes, Kora did.
I'm disapointed in all of you. I'm usually not quick for whoring, and I had hoped that someone did. Good thing I shot him once before scattering away :)