Every day seems to drag-on - The OP Chorogon AAR

Rose Alice

Re: Every day seems to drag-on - The OP Chorogon AAR

Post by Rose Alice »

Budda Sereda wrote:I

To WH gurus: please let me know if my way of 'watching the hole' has serious weaknesses.
This is all really good advice, but another really good trick is once all sigs are account for, so scan and update in a wh mapping tool like pathfinder or siggy. Select all the signs then click ignore, that way as soon as a new one spawns you know what it is and can update or roll away asap.

If you have people doing nothing have them sit in a POS next to rolling mega +2 hics and a sabre plus a scan boat
And a spare inceptor if you have the people. But the rolling mega are the most important.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Rose Alice wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:I

To WH gurus: please let me know if my way of 'watching the hole' has serious weaknesses.
This is all really good advice, but another really good trick is once all sigs are account for, so scan and update in a wh mapping tool like pathfinder or siggy. Select all the signs then click ignore, that way as soon as a new one spawns you know what it is and can update or roll away asap.

If you have people doing nothing have them sit in a POS next to rolling mega +2 hics and a sabre plus a scan boat
And a spare inceptor if you have the people. But the rolling mega are the most important.
Why the rolling mega is the most important? Again, my assumption is that the hole is crited. YOu need 1-2 rolling HICs to collapse the hole if it is compromised, not the rolling BS.

And yeah, I've completely forgot about new sigs spawn. Thanks.
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

I originally meant its the most important compared to say a sabre, inties, small fast taclke like that

The rolling megas are used if a new sig opens up and its someone elses static or wandering wormhole you want to crush it ASAP, less chance for people to find you and get kills.
Als megas are really easy to sit in cheap to buy, just need gallente BS1, t1 cloak micro jump drive and some level 3 scanning skills and now you have a great lowskilled wormhole roller,

You are right though the HIC with bubbles are really to easy to crush or crit wormholes, makes hole control super easy.
Mattikus Pathfinder
Title: Teacher, Graduate

Post by Mattikus Pathfinder »

Budda Sereda wrote:To WH gurus: please let me know if my way of 'watching the hole' has serious weaknesses.
I think part of the "stare at a WH" problem isn't just literally that you have to sit there staring at the wormhole itself. I suspect a lot of people were alt-tabbed out, or had something to do on a second monitor. The difficult part is that you can't go and do something else, either in-game or IRL while you're maintaining hole control. If someone tells you that you've got to sit there for X hours and can't move, it makes you want to move, even if you weren't going to anyway.
Finder of Lost Toys | Teacher | WHC Admin Officer
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Mattikus Pathfinder wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:To WH gurus: please let me know if my way of 'watching the hole' has serious weaknesses.
I think part of the "stare at a WH" problem isn't just literally that you have to sit there staring at the wormhole itself. I suspect a lot of people were alt-tabbed out, or had something to do on a second monitor. The difficult part is that you can't go and do something else, either in-game or IRL while you're maintaining hole control. If someone tells you that you've got to sit there for X hours and can't move, it makes you want to move, even if you weren't going to anyway.
If one considers himself as forced to state at WH... just jump through and leave. Thanks!
You can always find a new article to read about new fit, meta or whatever, share it with the fleet and discuss: it is about understanding that EVE is a team based game and evading wardecers making your corp stronger. If you consider this important you will find something to keep yourself busy. I admit I could not spend as many ours as other pilots, but few times I was around 4 hours 'on duty' and was never bored :)

Look at this guys from another perspective and it will appear to be a great OP
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

SHINY MEDALS
All the requisite paperwork with CONCORD has finally cleared, so I'm very happy to announce that we'll be awarding the following medals in recognition of extraordinary dedication and commitment shown by some individual pilots during OP Chorogon:

The Finder of Lost Toys is being presented to Mattikus Pathfinder and Michael Alderman for their respective invaluable efforts in identifying, locating and surveying J220338.

To honor the enormous amounts of time they dedicated to operational planning and leadership, The Star of Outstanding Service is being awarded to Alto DeRaqwar and Xana McBash. Without their tireless investment of man-hours, a lockdown of this scale would not have been possible to orchestrate.

Furthermore, for great deeds in organizing crucial information, The Star of Outstanding Service is being presented to Mattikus Pathfinder.

In acknowledgment of their continuous presence - and in memory of their sanity, lost to the endless draw of the voices from deep inside the wormhole - The Star of Valiant Duty is being bestowed to Vertxsees and Davnik Heasithym.

Furthermore, on the merits of filling invaluable fleet command roles during crucial segments of the operation, The Star of Valiant Duty is being presented to Breeze One.

Finally, as a dedication to their voluntary commitment to leading travel fleets and ensuring no pilot was left behind, The Star of Valiant Duty is being awarded to Bagutos, Shar Thrityh, Troven Smalvard, Rezda Nardieu and Ulrik Elristan.

Please join me in congratulating the honorees, and thanking them for making this great enterprise possible.
*creak*
Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Reise Amatin »

Congratulations folks, well earned indeed!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Junmei Hucel-Ge
Title: Sophomore

Post by Junmei Hucel-Ge »

Well done to the medal winners.
Vertxsees
Title: Truly a Stand-Up Guy, Sophomore

Post by Vertxsees »

o7

Thanks to all who attended, planned, or otherwise assisted. It's a team effort, yo.

[aw yeah, space shinies]

Also, I'm *just* now noticing the wordplay in the title of this thread, even though I should have noticed it long ago.
Jaha Preynar
Title: Graduate

Post by Jaha Preynar »

Congrats you guys!! Well deserved!!!!
Hip hip... hurray!

o7
Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image
Aisair

Post by Aisair »

Congrats to you guys!

o7 o7 o7
Tasha Menne
Title: Sophomore

Post by Tasha Menne »

I (along with many others I am sure) am limited in how much I am able to play. I would not have been able to participate in something like this without the significant amount of time spent by other individuals.

Thank you very much.

Congrats, cheers, and a clink of the glass to you!

- Tasha
Kirsi Isrik
Title: Freshman

Post by Kirsi Isrik »

Congrats! :)
Exorcist Wraith
Title: Solitude Manager, Unsung Hero of Project Solitude 2015, Graduate, Management

Post by Exorcist Wraith »

Congrats all - well deserved :)
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Oooo shiny precious :shock:

Many thanks to all who flew and especially to the space clerks with the nano carbon paper triplicate forms who really made sure of the success before the first fleet even undocked

o7
ImageImage ImageImage