[FLEET] The Day the War Targets Disappeared

Arashi Shizukana
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[FLEET] The Day the War Targets Disappeared

Post by Arashi Shizukana »

o7,
We got the pilots ready, we got the ships ready, and we had the morale. Unfortunately, it seems our WT friends weren't up for the fight. It was a very quiet fleet, with minimal activity, and mostly just playing station games. We first went to Dodixie, and after poking the hornet's nest (at least that's what I thought we were doing), we decided to warp off to the nearby system of Balle, as there were reports of war targets forming up there. A second out of corp scout around Jita went off to check the Sivala gate, though only one war target was found, and we couldn't get to it in time to catch it (the ship went in a different direction than the fleet, and I didn't want to chase one WT). No activity was found in Balle, either, and figuring IKR wasn't up to play, we sailed off for Hek and Rens to fight ALPHA. Sending a scout a few jumps ahead to check for war targets as we made best speed, we found nothing, oddly enough. In Hek, one war target jumped into Eystur, but quickly covops cloaked up and was never heard from again, except for in local.
Giving one last shot to Dodixie, we headed back, and while they did undock some very big stuff (5 bil Kronos along with a Tengu), they never engaged us. On the plus side, we now know that 15 or so T1-fit Vexors can in fact break a Tengu. After a few minutes of fighting and baiting, I realized there wouldn't be any actual content tonight, and so we headed home to Stac.

ISK Lost: 0
ISK Killed: 0

Should this kind of a fleet happen again, I will definitely be calling it earlier. There were several reports of war targets moving around in the Dodixie area, and I was anticipating a bigger fight than what we got.
Xana McBash

Re: [FLEET] The Day the War Targets Disappeared

Post by Xana McBash »

I wouldn't mind if CCP allowed boosh mechanics in highsec, even if extremely limited.
It would certainly help when targets are being... uncooperative.

Lack of content was not FC's fault (a rare exception). This is what tradehub campers do, they use and abuse all the crutch mechanics under the sun, and simply dock up whenever another fleet knocks on their door.