[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 05/27/2017

Z0X Ambrye
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 05/27/2017

Post by Z0X Ambrye »

This was my first fleet as FC. We departed from Stacmon, with Nennamaila being our first destination. There are quite a few things I don't really remember from this fleet, please post below if I got anything wrong or if you remember more than me.

We ran into a very large cruiser / battlecruiser fleet during the beginning of our roam. Due to another fleet (probably a subsection of that fleet actually) landing on the gate we were on, I gave the command to jump. We ended up right in the middle of a gatecamp and I gave the command to scatter, and to crash the gate if you were tacked. We lost two people there.
Kestrel -4.42m
Griffin -0.92m

I don't really remember how this loss happened, since according to chat logs at the time that this occured, we were rolling safe in Agoze, with possibly some people still in Ostingele.
Tristan -0.81m

I really don't know how this loss happened, I'm assuming it's unrelated due to how far away it was, but including it just in case I'm mistaken.
Coercer -15.58m

Our scout (Union) found a Caldari Navy Hookbil at a plex. Unfortunetly, he got killed by it. In this engagement, I forget to tell vanguard to hold damage so that everybody could get on the killmail until it was too late.
Condor -3.18m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +79.55m
Capsule +77.87m

After getting killed, our scout requested the pod express to go back and reship.
Capsule -0.01m

After our primary scout got killed, Laser was our scout until Union got back. After finding a Federation Navy Comet and Coecer in a plex, I sent him (and I believe vanguard, not too sure) to get tackle. If I didn't send vanguard, it was a mistake not to send at least a few people. I believe I did send vanguard, however Laser was much closer to the plex and thus got there before vanguard. In hindsight, this was my mistake, I either should have told him to wait for vanguard on the gate, or given him a delayed warp command. If that's not what happened, please correct me.
Slasher -3.63m
Capsule -0.69m

At this point, we set our destinations to Tama, and our scout found 2 Fed Navy Comets in a plex. I sent in the vanguard with the scout to get tackle. I'm pretty sure that this time I called to hold dps unless you were going to die. In hindsight, that wasn't a very clear command, I should have called something along the lines of hold damage, if you're going to die then warp off. We lost the scout and an esecutioner, and did not manage to get everybody on the killmail this time.
Slasher -3.79m
Executioner -13.22m
Federation Navy Comet +27.79m
Federation Navy Comet +25.94m

I'm not sure how this loss happened, I'm guessing they finished reshipping and got killed on the way to us. According to chat logs, we were 4 jumps away from that system at that time.
Crucifier -9.65m

At this point, we were headed to Mushikegi, and then Ichoriya to take a break. We encounted a few cruisers and assult frigates at a plex, and I sent the scout, vanguard, and a few other volenteer to go first. The fleet then came in. We lost a few people, but ended up killing two caracals and a vengance.
Tristan -17.94m
Tristan -14.88m
Griffin -0.92m
Condor -9.54m
Caracal +26.88m
Vengeance +33.03m
Caracal +29.02m

We got another kill as we were heading to Ichoriya.
Vigil +7.73m

At this point we took a break and gave people time to reship. I was trying to get another fight with the people from the caracal fleet before, this time on our turn (they wanted logi this time). We went to Akidagi to try and get a fight with them on our terms, but they didn't want to come.

While we were in a medium plex trying to get the arranged fight, a breacher slid into us for some reason.
Breacher +7.46m

We found a gnosis and this time got everybody on the killmail, although we did lose some people. I don't remember if I was clear in saying that if you were dying, warp off.
Tristan -15.91m
Tristan -16.22m
Gnosis +232.36m

I don't remember how this loss happened.
Kestrel -4.73m

I originally was planning on not taking this fight due to them having a smartbombing rokh, but it was near the end of the fleet and fleet members wanted a fight. Only one osprey in their fleet was flashy. We took out a dragoon and osprey, and the rest of their fleet warped away
Dragoon +16.17m
Osprey +24.55m

There were some non-flashys on the gate afterwards and we lost one person due to them thinking they were flashy.
Federation Navy Comet -32.05m

At this point, we had a non-flashy locked up, and one of the people(flashy) in the fleet with the osprey warped back at range. I tried to get tackle on it, but it warped away at the last second and I accidentally pointed the non-flashy. At this point I warped off and called scatter just in case. This next loss occered about 2 minutes after I called scatter, and told everybody to warp to my safe. It might have happened on our way back to Stacmon, however I don't remember it at all.
Tristan -29.15m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 588,359,551.73
ISK Lost: 197,233,172.96
ISK Delta: 391,126,378.77
Efficiency: 74.894%

Members - Roles are only accurate for the first half of the fleet
Akachi Isimazu
Arashi Shizukana - 2IC
BatFC - Vanguard
Burak Oz
Clytemestra
Darkfoe Eto - 3IC
Dgdsgy Foobar
DonkeyPunch Udan
Enfarious Krividus
Erikos
Eulynn
Gatt2111
Ingenia Magnus - Vanguard
Jax Renalard
Jor'Ox
Laser Skaron - Secondary scout
Noah Ather
Ra'zok Zateki
Rezda Nardieu - Vanguard
Rider Isleman
Roy Batista - Vanguard
Tika On
Tritium Kashuken
Trixie Lapin
Union Pivo - Scout
Xana McBash
Z0X Ambrye

Feel free to post any feedback you have down below, as I'm looking to improve for next time.
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 05/27/2017

Post by Laser Skaron »

Fun roam :) enjoyed it while I could stay (was pretty late for my usual schedule). Congrats on your first fleet!
Z0X Ambrye wrote: After our primary scout got killed, Laser was our scout until Union got back. After finding a Federation Navy Comet and Coecer in a plex, I sent him (and I believe vanguard, not too sure) to get tackle. If I didn't send vanguard, it was a mistake not to send at least a few people. I believe I did send vanguard, however Laser was much closer to the plex and thus got there before vanguard. In hindsight, this was my mistake, I either should have told him to wait for vanguard on the gate, or given him a delayed warp command. If that's not what happened, please correct me.
Whether you sent in vanguard too early or too late may be debated, but in fact I failed to gain transverersal fast enough and got intro structure after 2 volleys from that Coercer. That was mainly a piloting error on my end that got me killed as I was practically standing still as far as that Coercer was concerned.

In other regards, some general feedback for my short stay.
- You were very quiet during the roam (I'm also guilty of this often).
- You did a good job of handling your scouts in multiple systems.
- You chose your battles and properly avoided fights that we would have easily lost towards the beginning of the fight (that Vexor gang, I believe there were also some Gilas in space that would have wrecked us).

Wish I could have stayed longer and practice losing some more slashers over there :). I don't often get to fly scout and kitchen sink fleets are probably my favorite time to practice that.
Trixie Lapin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trixie Lapin »

Laser Skaron wrote:Fun roam :) enjoyed it while I could stay (was pretty late for my usual schedule). Congrats on your first fleet!
Z0X Ambrye wrote: After our primary scout got killed, Laser was our scout until Union got back. After finding a Federation Navy Comet and Coecer in a plex, I sent him (and I believe vanguard, not too sure) to get tackle. If I didn't send vanguard, it was a mistake not to send at least a few people. I believe I did send vanguard, however Laser was much closer to the plex and thus got there before vanguard. In hindsight, this was my mistake, I either should have told him to wait for vanguard on the gate, or given him a delayed warp command. If that's not what happened, please correct me.
Whether you sent in vanguard too early or too late may be debated, but in fact I failed to gain transverersal fast enough and got intro structure after 2 volleys from that Coercer. That was mainly a piloting error on my end that got me killed as I was practically standing still as far as that Coercer was concerned.
There was probably nothing you could do because that's not an ordinary, mortal Coercer. It splats mine like a bug. Amamake Police.
Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Union Pivo »

While not first time being scout, I think this was first time I did ok job of it. At least scouting part, surviving tackling(and range control in general ) is still wip :))
BatFC
Title: Sophomore

Post by BatFC »

Very good fleet and nice job FCing for the first time!
On the Gnosis fight Vanguard had to hold that Gnosis for few seconds, so I stayed even though I was dying. Our Griffin was universally hated by our enemies during the fleet and one of them even offered some services! :D
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Looks like you had a great start FCing! Congrats Z0X!