[FLEET] AF Armadas - Chapter One: The Battle of Vli!

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly. Most After Action Reports should be posted straight into this forum. If there is an ongoing operation or some other reason the After Action Report needs to be classified initially, post it in 'Classified After Action Reports' instead.
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Post 2017.01.09 12:08

Re: [FLEET] AF Armadas - Chapter One: The Battle of Vli!

Doctor Kling wrote:Anyone have time to maybe do some classes on scouting (I still have no idea how you find people) including maybe combat scanning... and also one on logo. Both seem to be in short supply and are very intense.

i think i may have accidentally at some point prehaps have asked on the harpy fleet if anyone might possibly have been interested in a basic scouting class, with the intention of trying to provide that myself. :silent:

a few people did say yes in comms and now you have made it official in writting i will do my best to make some plans this week before this fleet again thursday.
prob wont cover combat probes as its not really used on these type fleets (unless we had td3s nobody would have room unless dedicated scanner)

as for lego's there are some other people much much more qualified to do that and i will annoy them on your behalf since i'm making extra work.
That said you are always welcome in a T1 logi ship and jump straight in, learning by doing is great thats what we are all here for.
They often have own comms to so you can ask lots of questions without feeling ike you are jamming main comms and you will get an extra brief before we undock from some excellent logi leaders
<<

Doctor Kling

Portrait

Post 2017.01.09 15:58

Yes I'm also trying to figure out how to do the separate comms. I think Mumble has a way to be in 2 channels at once (whisper, I think its called?) but have yet to be able to figure it out.

that being said I may have enough skills to scout but I have not trained ANY logi stuff. I was reading the Logi 101 post and it looks neat for sure. But I would have to really dig in and grab skills.

For most of us noobs (I include myself) I think it is clear that fleets have plenty of those willing to DPS. Fleets also seemingly have 1-2 people routinely show up with basic frigate T1 EWAR which... often is plenty in small fights.

What happens is we end up scurrying for logi and scouts (the latter which seem to often get killed waiting for the rest of the fleet to jump in). I just think cross-training folks into various roles is super helpful in fleets. Everyone can pewpew, but only a few can adequately scout and tackle, and even fewer can keep us all alive by repairing us as we go.

Force multiplication is always beneficial, as is being able to find people to fight.

I'll learn whatever people need, I love EWAR for the salt. Every fleet roam someone sends me an angry email about "not being able to fight back", my cheating use of EWAR, how horrible a human I am for preventing them from engaging us. It brings me joy. But if there is a better use for me i'll fill it.

just as soon as I finish my Electronic Attack Ships V ;)
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 13:58

Doctor Kling wrote:Yes I'm also trying to figure out how to do the separate comms. I think Mumble has a way to be in 2 channels at once (whisper, I think its called?) but have yet to be able to figure it out.

You're maybe thinking of sub-channels, and whisper keys are set up so you can talk to that sub-channel only, you do it on the mumble shortcuts and drop down the menu to select whisper, the trick is to remember to allocate what subchannel you want.
Previous

Return to Declassified After Action Reports