Single-planet P3 Production

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Ajax Smith

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 11:32

Single-planet P3 Production

Being new to PI, I'm using the E-Uni Wiki as a starting point. However, there seems to be, to me, a contradiction between 2 of the pages.
Firstly, on the "Planetary Interaction" page, there is, quote "it is no longer possible to do 'perfect' P3 production on any planet, as no command center can support four ECU's and the factories needed to achieve continuous P3 production."
But secondly, on the "Planets" page, there is, quote "P3 products that can be produced on a single planet without importing goods are also listed for each planet. Each planet type has exactly one P3 product it can produce without imports."
So therein lies my confusion. Is single-planet P3 production now not possible, period, or is it the case that each type of planet now has only 1 type of P3 it can produce?
Forgive the dumb question, but I strongly suspect my Google-Fu is not what it used to be, hence the question here.
Thanks in advance
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 18:28

Re: Single-planet P3 Production

As far as my limited understanding of the distinction goes: it's still possible, but it's no longer possible to do in such a way that the final factory can be fed 24/7. If you want to produce P3 keeping that factory fully fed you need more inputs than can be supported on one planet.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Ajax Smith

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 23:31

Re: Single-planet P3 Production

BobbyRush wrote:As far as my limited understanding of the distinction goes: it's still possible, but it's no longer possible to do in such a way that the final factory can be fed 24/7. If you want to produce P3 keeping that factory fully fed you need more inputs than can be supported on one planet.

That's great, thanks

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction