But I'm still building another PC, this time for a friend.
Titus Tallang wrote:However, there is an issue. I am quite out of touch with hardware developments, with what's good, what's bad, what's ugly and what tends to choke itself and die randomly. I also don't enjoy paying overprice when there are equivalent items available for cheaper.
Thus, I turn to (hopefully) competent people on these forums for insightful suggestions, because I just know there's bound to be a bunch of enthusiasts that are far more experienced at this than I could ever hope to be.
- This is, once again, a fresh build. Only peripherals are being migrated.
- Budget around 1000€.
- Trying to hit/exceed Rift min specs (GTX 970). How are the 10xx cards in comparison?
- Currently aiming for tried-and-tested SSD+HDD setup.
- Most VR games tend to optimize heavily for NVIDIA cards, so I'm leaning that way - open to arguments for the opposite, though.
- No CPU heavy-lifting of the type that my previous build was meant for. As long as it doesn't bottleneck gaming, it'll fly.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.