Eve Uni Alumni Public Slack (Unofficial)

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.03.31 14:38

Eve Uni Alumni Public Slack (Unofficial)

Calling all Alumni/Members

Ever wanted to keep in touch with other alumni without the hassle of all the in game channels or forum threads? Come join us on slack!

It's fairly easy to join, just head to the link below and fill in your eve related email, your character name and what corp you are currently in!

https://euni-alumni.signup.team/

Look out for an email in your inbox and follow instructions there. You may want to open your browser once joined and under notifications select "Use Recommended Settings".

We try and stick as closely to uni rules as possible, see here if you are unfamiliar. Think R-rated uni fleets for context. Just don't be a dick.

Current members are also welcome but please understand you will be entering into a dangerous place, bitterness can spread ;)
Last edited by White 0rchid on 2016.11.29 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Hamed Pour

Portrait

Post 2016.03.31 15:37

Re: Eve Uni Alumni Slack (Unofficial)

Brilliant idea. Thanks White

ATTENTION ALL NSC MEMBERS: I better see you in this channel or bob help me I'll hunt you all down one by one.
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2016.03.31 17:00

The ability to troll Narthe, Urban, and maybe a few others without having to login?

Yeah im in.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2016.03.31 17:43

Normal Disclaimer:

This is not a University project, or tied to the University.

The University neither condones nor condemns this action. It is entirely uninvolved and neutral.

That being said, students should remember that while the University does not run the slack, words and actions on that slack can reflect on your character in regards to our rules on how you treat others, just like reddit/eve forums/etc...
Former:
<<

James Finnan

Portrait

Post 2016.03.31 23:44

Well that's a relief thought it would have to censor my self :wink:
Insomniac - Former NSC Officer - Master Of Sausages

<<

unstable unit

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 13:09

So, hang on... the Uni is totally uninvolved and impartial, but will totes judge you on your behaviour in the Not-Uni-in-any-way-whatsoever slack?
Mixed message much? :lol:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Get your Chaos siggy ribbons HERE!

Mercenary Academy Recruitment /Licence to Kill [007] <MC> Recruitment / SPO / Student Advocate / HSC Manager(ess)
<<

Chef Xiru

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 13:14

#FreeTheUni
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2016.04.01 13:18

unstable unit wrote:So, hang on... the Uni is totally uninvolved and impartial, but will totes judge you on your behaviour in the Not-Uni-in-any-way-whatsoever slack?
Mixed message much? :lol:

We also don't moderate the Eve Online forums, but if you go on an insane rant against (insert some famous eve person here) and issue death threats it can still have consequences for you in the Uni. Nothing new there.
Former:
<<

Chef Xiru

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 13:59

Its also a place for out of game banter, will that be policed?
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2016.04.01 14:11

Policed is a harsh word. I could care less what alumni do, and don't do any moderation there. We won't be actively looking for anything there. But if truly egregious stuff by uni members us sent to me, I'll have to do something.
Former:
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.04.01 14:31

There's something fundamentally screwed up here.

An alumnus opens a private Slack intended for alumni to stay in touch and have invited EVE Uni members in as well. It seems White and his assigned admins can handle any issues on their own territory. They've set their own terms and conditions.

I suppose if they choose to report bad behaviour by Unistas they could, but that would seem to go against the grain of what this Slack is intended for. Given that it's based on application followed by invitation, there is a measure of privacy implied. It's not open to the wide-wide-world of EVE.

Unless I'm missing something, was management invited in to help administer this Slack? If so, why is it "unofficial" and more importantly:
Azmodeus Valar wrote:This is not a University project, or tied to the University.

Is it because White chose to promote this here on the Uni forums?

I would think it's ultimately up to White to decide on what measures, if any, of Unista monitoring and reporting back to management there should be, if any.
<<

Tonk Omnom

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 14:51

Marius Labo wrote:I would think it's ultimately up to White to decide on what measures, if any, of Unista monitoring and reporting back to management there should be, if any.

I agree with you there. What I think what Azmo meant was, if I were to for example propagate or commit an illegal action in or out of game for example RMTing or account sharing and someone took a screenshot of it and posted that to reddit.
What happens in the Slack is up to White because my actions would not reflect onto the Uni in public. If that screenshot makes it to reddit, a whole different matter.
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2016.04.01 15:27

Tonk Omnom wrote:
Marius Labo wrote:I would think it's ultimately up to White to decide on what measures, if any, of Unista monitoring and reporting back to management there should be, if any.

I agree with you there. What I think what Azmo meant was, if I were to for example propagate or commit an illegal action in or out of game for example RMTing or account sharing and someone took a screenshot of it and posted that to reddit.
What happens in the Slack is up to White because my actions would not reflect onto the Uni in public. If that screenshot makes it to reddit, a whole different matter.

This
Former:
<<

little nemo

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 15:28

Such unnecessary drama from such a small request.

What we say and do on our E-UNI alts reflects back on the E-UNI. I don't think Azmo intended to dictate to White or anyone else involved how they should conduct themselves; but rather remind current E-UNI members they represent the e-uni as a whole and to consider this before posting dick pic in public channels.

Anywho, I apologies for leashing the drama lama; please continue.

(Aaand it was already clarified. This is why I don't normally post to forums. XD)
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.04.01 15:31

I turn my back for one second.

Just get on the slack bros. Keep it real.
Next

Return to EVE Discussion