[WHC] Extremely Crappy Mechanic

Post by Titus Tallang »

In A.D. 2016
Fight was beginning

Titus: What happen?
Sayod: Someone set up us the gank.
Rose: We get attack.
Titus: What!

So, a fight it is. We stop rolling eggs, get our behinds to our POS, grab Guardians and race into Bacon. Sayod loses a Legion, and Sparky loses a Navy Harbinger before we arrive on grid, in exchange for a hostile Lachesis. Guardians land, and the enemy points us. The people that died reship, and the fight is on.

And what a fight it was, or at least I think it was. Might've been. I couldn't tell. Neither could anyone else in our fleet, really.

Why, you my ask? Well, this is why - yes, those are six dedicated ECM boats on a 15 member fleet. After 20 minutes of the enemy ECM numbers increasing further and further, I decide to stop repeatedly rolling the "can they RNG jam our guardians long enough to actually kill one of them" dice after losing a Hurricane and a NAugoror, decide to sacrifice the one Proteus that was tackled, switch to the enemy Onyx to force the bubble down, then warp us out.

No GFs are exchanged, we kill the hole, and ECM is still short for Extremely Crappy Mechanic.

F*ck ECM.
*creak*
Rashar Arji

Re: [WHC] Extremely Crappy Mechanic

Post by Rashar Arji »

I approve.
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

ECM = Extremely Cool Mechanic

If they jam you, that is because you lack jams. :lol:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Enta en Bauldry
Title: [LTI], Graduate

Post by Enta en Bauldry »

There was a solid wall right there before Titus showed up.

Nobody
Azmodeus Valar
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Finance

Post by Azmodeus Valar »

Now, be nice to Titus.
almost everyone hates ECM.
Clearly, its a bad mechanic.
lastly, only pay attention to the first things I say.
Former:
Artyum Zhvikov

Post by Artyum Zhvikov »

All aboard!!

WHC Officer- Graduate -Mentor - - Commissar - Doesn't Speak Russian
Solves problems with Vodka
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Brandersons Anderson

Post by Brandersons Anderson »

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'.
Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”
- Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104
Events Team Member, AMC Resident and Crafter of many fits.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
James Finnan
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics

Post by James Finnan »

Insomniac - Former Former NSC Officer - Master Of Sausages - Hauling Officer? - Inadequate Clorper - Director Of Logistics
Retired Director

Blood Goat

Post by Blood Goat »

Jeff Kione

Post by Jeff Kione »

A third of the fleet being ECM sure sounds annoying. Did you try crashing the hole and seeing if they'd follow? Maybe you could have pinned down some of the ECM boats and picked them off while they were on the hole at 0.
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

That's my jam!

There's always the good old fashioned and legendary uni reply: black birds! A sky full of nothing but black birds
Comrade Blade

Post by Comrade Blade »

OMG I love ECM. You can never have too many falcons.
[center]Teacher | LSC Officer | T2 Industrialist | Loser of Hawks | Best scout in the LSC*
MERCENARY

"Who built Thebes of the 7 gates?
In the books you will read the names of kings.
Did the kings haul up the lumps of rock?"

Mercenary Coalition[/center]
*Poll taken from respondants to this forum post as of 10 February 2014. Not a scientific poll. Poll does not nessicarity reflect the opinion of Eve University, Eve University Management, CCP, BoB, Goonswarm Federation, CONCORD or any of the aforementioned parties alts, friends, corp-mates, spies, pets or real world relatives.
Touch O'Death

Post by Touch O'Death »

Comrade's sig is cooler than Zeebas.
Sayod Physulem
Title: I complained to two Directors and all I got was this twilight chocolate-y title

Post by Sayod Physulem »

Jeff Kione wrote:A third of the fleet being ECM sure sounds annoying. Did you try crashing the hole and seeing if they'd follow? Maybe you could have pinned down some of the ECM boats and picked them off while they were on the hole at 0.
We were in an anomaly.

It all started with Rose, Artyum and me in Legions and Sparky in a Harbinger shooting Sleepers. At some point we saw a helios on d-scan. We should have stopped and checked the connections by then. Well a few minutes later we suddenly had combat recons landing. I aligned to bacon as as fast as possible, which was probably a mistake as my ship started to turn first. Instead I should have checked if I was aligned to something. Anyway after a few seconds I was pointed. So I overheated my afterburner and just started to burn while telling on comms that we were ganked. It was probably gibbersih but not as gibberish as titus made it. I remember at least telling what was on grid. Well Rose started to shoot them, which was probably a better idea than just burning away given the point range of the Lachesis. But I mostly continued to burn - but a Lachesis easily catched up - probably was microwarpdrive fitted like the other one. By burning in a straight line for quite some time people were already scattered up to 60km away from each other. Reinforcements were on the way when I started to go down. If I had micromanaged my repairs better and overheated earlier I might have survived. But I just went down - got my pod out though so I reshipped into a navy augoror.

Coming back I landed in a bubble in warp range to some wrecks so after burning out I warped in close. We thought we would have the upper hand so it was called to spread points - I scramed a vulture and then didn't want to leave it - that meant thought that I wasn't in range of anything else. Which was one of the problems we had - we didn't really have focused fire - we mostly moved around and tried to catch something and then stayed there - at least I am guilty of it. Now the thing is, when the vulture actually was called primary it was going down very fast - we got it to 50% armor already and then again "spread points" was called and suddenly we stopped breaking it.

So it seems that we were way too confident going in, and then when they stacked up ecm and our logi started to be concerned - we weren't able to catch any of the ecm boats.

If we just had concentrated the fire better, even if that had meant losing points on a bunch of other people, we might have killed them fast enough that their reinforcement ecm wouldn't have been a problem. Maybe they would have disengaged themselves then.

A Lachesis also would have changed a lot. Forcing ecm to come closer and taking over points so that people would actually be able to move around and focus fire. :roll:
Dama Arishe

Post by Dama Arishe »

Azmodeus Valar wrote:N
a
C
l
Tee hee hee.