[ILN FLEET] Dragons go pop

Gareth Correlian
BANNED
BANNED

[ILN FLEET] Dragons go pop

Post by Gareth Correlian »

A few weeks ago I organised a large dragon based fight for us but due to the other side having corp based issues that plan fell apart. So we had nothing organised and had to fall into a roam n a hunt.

Our scouts scoured the entire engagement arena that I had planned out and found nothing. Even our tasty bait squad found nothing, except for a few traveling gangs that we had:

gank targets - http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... adjacent=1

loss – 5M
slaughtered few – 200M

After much waiting grygr had us a fight potential with the goons so off we went. Irritatingly we were followed by a snuff box fleet, that though looked tasty we also new they had super pilots logged in and, well snuff NEVER give good fights. So we moved the fleet to the nearest high sec space and then charged down to Uphallant to play with the goonies.

They cyno'd into us and, well, we melted them. Thier archons were cap dried in seconds and the battleships they sent into us were picked off, neuters first then dps followed by their capitals.

Battle report - http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=268206]
exploded other side – 10B

The battle report looks a bit muddled so to clarrify:

1 – Cynosaural Field Theory were not part of the fight (that was a later one)
2 – we lost nothing, the frigates and megathron loss was an lsc loss unrelated to this fight.
3 – we only dropped our capitals when the fight was over so that they could get final blows on the two archons …. after all they were waiting for 5 hours doing nothing but jump around the place to stay in position.

Sad we couldn't find a fight that would have challenged us. Shame that snuffbox are such tedius trolls otherwise I would love to have fought them, but they do not deserve to kill a velator let alone a uni dragon slayer fleet.

All being said though the fleet worked well, our sub commanders made my life easier and the cap commander did a great job at keeping the cap fleet in range at all times.

Also big thank you to goons coming in to fight us knowing what our composition was.

From a personal point; I had fun. Even though 5 hours is an awfully long time to remain focused for, I was pleased that the moment the fight started my concentration headache and pre-fight anxiety vanished only to be replaced with a calm and peaceful headspace.

Thank you to all that came.
"Beware he would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
helioswipe moondraft
Title: He's gone (again), Graduate

Re: Dragons go pop

Post by helioswipe moondraft »

Killed dragons so #OPSUCCES.

Also remember: [e-uni], we have no caps.

ImageImage
Affra
Title: Graduate

Post by Affra »

Had a good time, dropped a carrier, all was good.

Snuffbox blue balls, best balls, man where they pissed or what when we went into highsec.

Scout did an excellent job when we roamed around, any fleet, cyno ship or "big-bad-alliance"-movements where quickly shared with FC, felt like we had a good picture of what was going on around us at all times.

Although we didn't have the numbers we usually have on these Dragon slayers, I have a feeling the quality was a bit higher than usual this time.
Grygr Anzomi

Post by Grygr Anzomi »

Hehehe, as much as I hate the align and warp speed of my Bhaal, it does seem to have good luck being it has survived 3 or 4 of Gareth's fleets now :lol:

Also massive thanks to Vic Jefferson and the CFC/Imperium/what-ever-they-are-called-now guys for dropping into what they knew would be a whelp and yet still doing do and beign good sports about it afterwards.

As Neut Commander, our Neuting bro's were awesome having their two archon's neuted out so quick I though my ship scanner was broken :lol: Something about 5 Bhaals is just amazing,
and the knowledge that most of us were fit to the point were I am pretty sure we were worth more than our Cap fleet is an awesome thing. (Also the Opposing FC hated us bhaals, so Op Sucsess :twisted: )

I am however not sure how I feel about the fact that a Uni fleet had more Archon's than Blackbrids :shock: In before Uni slowcat fleet.
ALL IS WELL IN THE END, IF ALL'S NOT WELL ITS NOT THE END
Former NSC Manager| Teacher | Uni Nomad | Chill-Towner | Penguin
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Have to admit that the fight was a very anticlimactic conclusion to the fleet. Was hoping for a challenge, not just a gracious sacrifice to generate killmails.

PS: Grygr, their Archons had just jumped in, they were at just above quarter cap, that's why you alphaed their cap.,
*creak*
Harry FentonMudd

Post by Harry FentonMudd »

My second fleet outing in a T1 Tackle and once again I died to a newbie mistake.

My 1st outing was a lemming into an incursion...nice!

This time, I was determined to actually tackle something!! So while we sat In Oinasiken (0.2) waiting for the bait fleet, they flushed some ships through the stargate and boom I tackled somebody and he went down... yes... but oh wait I'm taking fire....and boom I'm in my pod! :shock:

What happened? When I got the kill report I'd been taken out by the sentry guns...damn my inexperience in lowsec... didn't realise I became a suspect for tackling someone...obvious really though.

I enjoyed the fleet though and again, learnt lessons for the future. Thanks to the FC - Gareth.

I probably should have asked for a refit? Any comments welcome.

Thx Harry
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Post by LeFleur »

This was a long fleet, and had a lots of ups and downs. I was flying my at this point untested heavy tackler vexor, and had a blast not being the slowest ship (something I feared it might happen in fleets). But this being a dragooslayer, of course there would be a bigger ship.

Fllet warps were sloooow, or so I though, untill the ball of ships managed to warp way slower....what happened? what is that thing that is taller than our whole ball of ships? we were warping with a Nag and it was an amazing powerfull feeling being in that fleet at that moment.

I also scouted for several long minutes (I think around 30) a gate in low sec, lonely, semingly a bait. I was scouted from afar, and some ships jumped in and warped before I could lock, until a pair of caracals jumped at range and volleyd around 85% of my shields. It was not a battle I could win without logistics, and the flet was more than two jumps away, so Ijumped to high, regened my shields and jumped back into low.

The fleet moved into low without using my gate, so I adjusted my position and saw our suspect logis seeking refuge in my system. Then we gathered all again and begun moving, and begun being pursued. We took the shortcut through high (amazing, isn't it?) and arrived at Stacmon.

Then the fleet was arranged and we gave the enemies the opportunity of seeing us from 100 km away in our full composition. Still they took the fight, thanks a lot for that, it was an amazing thing to do against a dragonslayer. Although with the weirder initial X up in fleet I don't know if they really thought this was a dragonslayer.

Our amazing scout aligned perfectly and we warped at him at 100, landing on top of the single enemy, who cinoed a whole fleet. I begun hearing calls for primaries, secondaries, etc, and begun trying to comply, finding out most of them were beyond my, and the ones that were in range melted so fast I could not finish locking up. I really need to start prelocking things.

I applied my single neut and my vampires to the closer archon and begun hammering him with drones, changing drones when anything in range was called primary. But drone damage takes a lot to land, so they only arrived to a single ship in time. Well, it was my decision to bring this ship, so no complaining at all.

I had a real blast with the fight, specially when our cyno lighted up and our capitals arrived. The question of wether the uni has or hasn't capitals is now moot.

Afterwards, we waited till the timers of several people run out and did some PVE in PVP ships (numbers far compensate the difference), and then we were flying back home. The NSC and LSC had said their goodbyes, and so did I in the name of the HSG as left them four jumps from Amy.

In the meantime, comms were relaxed and we shared back experiences in dragonslaying, it was what was needed to make this fleet a lot more enjoyable. And of course, in the long waiting time we heard a new song in mumble. Hope it makes it to the Stream.
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

Rand Nystal

Post by Rand Nystal »

LeFleur wrote:
Our amazing scout aligned perfectly and we warped at him at 100, landing on top of the single enemy, who cinoed a whole fleet.
As he lit the Cyno as we were in warp, I believe this really messed up any hopes the Goon fleet may have had at all as instead of Cynoing in at 100, they landed right on top of us.

Thanks for the fleet, another success! Good things come to those who wait.

I would like to take my hat off to the Tacklers as well. In too many fleets I'm on we have FC begging for stuff to be pointed. Here, all was calm and not a single Goon ship escaped off grid by the look of that battle report.
-------------------
Gareth Correlian
BANNED
BANNED

Post by Gareth Correlian »

Rand Nystal wrote: I would like to take my hat off to the Tacklers as well. In too many fleets I'm on we have FC begging for stuff to be pointed. Here, all was calm and not a single Goon ship escaped off grid by the look of that battle report.
Some ships escaped but none of them are on our battle report because they didn't kill an of us. The frigs on the battle report are from an hour before the fight .... lowsec pro pvp :).

Also zeeba ... wtf!!
"Beware he would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Re: [ILN FLEET] Dragons go pop

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Thanks again for the fleet! :D

Was awesome and not the last time people start crying because I bring a Raven. :lol:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Slice D'Apples

Post by Slice D'Apples »

Many thanks for the fleet Gareth - thanks to all the scouts for your persistence - I know you will have felt the frustration of not being able to find us a fight more acutely with us all pinning our hopes on you.

Thanks to the goons for bringing a few folk out despite the odds, and to snuff for the tears in local (top tip - give decent fights and people will engage you)

And thanks to everybody else who came along and made things look so pretty :)
WHC Member[/center]
Matt Mustang

Post by Matt Mustang »

http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=268211

This kids is why you don't sit still because even at 70km a BS can lock and one shot you with blasters.

But back to the fleet it was a long fleet and I never got a chance to use my smartbombs but other than that it was fun still would like a more fair fight next time if possible.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GamingRobot

Post by GamingRobot »

First time in a fleet that large and first time flying ECM.

It was very pretty and lots of fun!

Can't wait for the next one :3
Fe Long Amouh

Post by Fe Long Amouh »

Well it was a long drawn out roam ending up at the best uni campus.

As a cappin Aug I was pleased to say we maintained good caps and hopefully responded fast enough for all pilots needing some luvin. After a shakey start I was getting comfortable in my first huge fleet and I now know I need to work on some skills, as whilst I can fly a Guardian, it seems I need some support skills to be brought up to scratch [looking at you rigging skills].

Enjoyable time was had - 07 to Goons for turning up and getting overwhelmed, I feel they knew we came heavy but maybe not quite aware of fleet comp. Also thanks to our Aug anchor and squad commander and our big brother logis, finally to brown nose some more - thanks to the various leaders and the FC
ImageImage ImageImage