[Kamela] Spider Prophecies

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Kamela] Spider Prophecies

Post by Budda Sereda »

This Thursday we had a VERY small gang of Spider Prophecies (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=108588), and considering it is a) Thursday night; b) not many pilots moved to Kamela I did not expect many people to show up... but we got 4 only:
Spoiler
Gemma in Command Dessie - started scouting
Wokum in Prophecy
John in Griffin
and myself in a Prophecy as well
We did check local, nearby system and found a Thorax in a small. I asked Gemma to go for it, but forgot that this command by default assumes "slide". I realized we can't follow him when he called "sliding", but it was too late. I asked John to slide too and Jam Thorax so Gemma can escape, but it did not work. A gang of small frigates landed, escaped from BCs and killed both small ships :(

(03:21:52) Tzvi
Griffin -0.7m
Magus -184.58m

After, they came back and tried killing myself with Wokum. We stand still. First we tried to break Thorax, but a single Inquisitor was able to hold him. They were shooting our drones... we send another portion... this did not help getting Thorax down.
So we primaried Inquisitor (Wokum did have scram+web) so it popped, we switched to Thorax, I felt we killed it, but looks like he escaped. We started shooting small things, got Executioner, the rest run away.
Inquisitor +5.2m
Executioner +3.05m

After losing CD quickly, ability to keep the grid was cool, but 2 BCs agains small things is not a real victory.

Gemma reshipped into Malediction, found flashy Talos, caught him. But it took for us quite a bit of time to align, worp, jumped, and approach. At this time, Talos's friends got reinforcements: which was on a gate at range. First few Maledictions, popped Gemma. We tried to catch them with small drones, unsuccessful. Later they got AB Scalpel, but it was slightly quicker than us and pulled out of range so escaped. Gemma came in another Malediction, tried to catch Scalpel so we can score an expensive kill, but that did not work.

(03:35:46) Kamela
Malediction -56.94m
Prophecy -89.22m
Prophecy -86.35m
Malediction -56.91m

Frustrated, but not broken we came back and reshipped into Cormorants. I saw a fight in a plex, called us to warp at range, but we were unlucky: to land on top of Maledictiona and another loss.

(03:45:31) Kamela
Cormorant -14.95m
Cormorant -14.95m
Cormorant -1.38m
Capsule -0.01m

The good thing it looke like we distracted those Maledictions and scored some kills:

Malediction +63.42m
Enyo +58.95m
Malediction +53.81m

Wokum got podded back to LSC and Gemma left too. Myself with John when for roaming 2 of us.

We found a Hawk, he warped to small "inviting" us,.. was an interesting fight. I OH my guns,... at some point realized he turned on ADC so I stopped OH, I was breaking him slowly, but he was active tank... I got him into armor, he was still tanking... John died, i was in low shield, turned on ADC too... but that all was not enough to survive long enough to break him.

(04:01:31) Sifilar
Merlin -5.88m
Harpy -52.05m

ISK Destroyed: 184,436,432.36
ISK Lost: 563,941,389.73
ISK Delta: -379,504,957.37
Efficiency: 24.645%

So, lessons:

1. Literally 1 hour before the fleet, I did see a piece of advise to fit MWD instead of AB, but I already had fit delivered, the market was poor so I decided to stay with AB. I do agree that at least in a VERY small gang you do need to be a bit mobile. Or at least you have to have a more mobile tackle. From the other side, MWD east already low cap... so not sure what is a good strategy.

2. I do need to bit MORE patient: if all of us warped with Cormorant together some of us would have a chance to survive.

3. Prophecies cap even with 2 cap boosters is really low, under heavy pressure when you need to run all 4 RR you consume cap too quickly. And 2 prophecies, unfortunately, could do nothing when BSs landed on grid.

What was good:

It was fun flying RR, I would love to fly them again! Though, I feel they have a very niche use. Even the fight when I saw those Prophecies used agains myself was not a victorious one for the Prophecies gang.
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [Kamela] Spider Prophecies

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

While the MWD eats cap, you should be eating cap boosters :P you don't perma run the MWD, just to get into position and then ball up.
RR fleets are fun to fly and it breaks the monotony of align,warp,blap. Two prophecies though is not enough, the more, the merrier reps.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Tiberius Auduin wrote:While the MWD eats cap, you should be eating cap boosters :P you don't perma run the MWD, just to get into position and then ball up.
RR fleets are fun to fly and it breaks the monotony of align,warp,blap. Two prophecies though is not enough, the more, the merrier reps.
Agree, and I think, 4 RR is too much if you can only run them for 1m. If 1or2 are replaced by cap transmitters it should be more beneficial: better have 20% less reps but have them twice longer. I'll probably run another Spider fleet once we back to stackmon
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Budda Sereda wrote:
Tiberius Auduin wrote:While the MWD eats cap, you should be eating cap boosters :P you don't perma run the MWD, just to get into position and then ball up.
Agree, and I think, 4 RR is too much if you can only run them for 1m. If 1or2 are replaced by cap transmitters it should be more beneficial: better have 20% less reps but have them twice longer. I'll probably run another Spider fleet once we back to stackmon
Also IIRC small deadspace reppers have roughly the same range and rep amount, yet faaaaar shorter cycle time. I'll post fits once I get home from work.
P.s. i have a couple of rr prophecies in stac
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Post by Gemma Solett »

Was a shame the fleet didn't go as planned, still a bit of fun. I had just flown that magus straight over from Jita, and while I expected to lose it I was hoping it would last longer than 1 fight :) , Probably should memorise what ships can go in a plex while scouting next time, and also remember that a plate fit dessie isn't going to coast out of scram like my usual ancil inty would... At least whoever looted my wreck got some nice goodies from it.

I think if we had taken a minute to setup a proper warp in and all come together in the corms then we could have had a bit of success against those tackle frigates, I only got one volley off on that malediction and got 20% damage on it.

I probably could've done a little bit better with the interceptors as well, when their tackle started chasing me I guess I should've warped out, both times their Malediction got a scram pass off on me then the Enyo came and held me down.