[Small Gang Thursday] V - T3Ds in Placid

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Small Gang Thursday] V - T3Ds in Placid

Post by Budda Sereda »

As part of Thursday Small Gang initiative (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=107273 https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=107556) we had a fleet with T3D fleet supplemented by T1 destroyers.

Before fleet started Kontxesi had, I believe, imprompty gatecamping fleet, giving it for reference, not counting in a total report:

(02:22:50Z) Ostingele
Caldari Navy Hookbill +28.21m
(02:36:04Z) Agoze
Ibis +0.05m
(02:45:52Z) Agoze
Orthrus +357.29m

According to report, we had 18 people in fleet, but in fact we had less: many guys from Kontxesi's fleet ended-up to be in summary while not joined.

I believe in fleet I had 4 T3D, 1 Deacon, 2 T1 logies (Inquisitor and Navitas), 1 Atron (secondary scout), and 3 T1 DD in Thrasher, Algos, Catalyst.
Spoiler
Arashi Shizukana
Ardes Atavuli
Brejik Haumaan
Budda Sereda
Calder Ormand
Cheradenine Zakalve
Coaxster
Cyus Erata
Draco Decius
Gemma Solett
Harai Rex
KPYTOE KOPOBO
Kontxesi Buchanan
Nunnery Michigan
Raxon Noseworthy
Space Warfare Development
Trevor Grambling
Z0X Ambrye
Will share more tactical details and summary shortly.

We were still docked when Z0X called "point" on VNI - good start :)
(03:15:30Z) Dastryns, 6E-578
Vexor Navy Issue +105.77m
Coercer -8.65m
Capsule -0.01m

On the way to Nen we've met Armegeddon, tried to take him, but out tricks did not work and he run away. We lost 1 fessor:
(03:47:05Z) Aldranette, Akidagi
Confessor -64.73m
Capsule -0.8m

This was actually the fun thing: Ibis was sitting on tactical to the gate and I decided to practice combat scanning. First time my probes scanned Caracal 20AU away, but he run away, 2nd time I was more precise and we landed on the Ibis:
(04:04:51Z) Hikkoken
Ibis +1.52m

In Hirri, we took a fight. First it was Caracal, we killed it and primaried Gnosis. We lost 1 logy, but Gnosis was low and I wanted to get him down before we scatter. I guess it was the right call because I was already pointed and we only additionally lost Navitas, but also got Gnosis: I call it a GF.
(04:11:43Z) Hirri
Caracal +31.47m
Deacon -69.23m
Catalyst -8.81m
Confessor -90.64m
Capsule +0.01m
Gnosis +99.6m
Capsule -0.01m
Navitas -8.66m
Interestign thing to notice is that I was fighting in sharpshooter mode and once half armor is gone switched into defence. It was nice to see how much better reps
I was getting :) Thanks logies!!!

We went to Ichoriya, replenished 1 logy and few DD and almost immediately noticed single and I believe flashy Drake.

It appeared to be a bait. As many ships landed on the grid.
I probably should have called warp as they started landing... but Drake was a low shield and it looked he is going down quick. But... either we lost much of DPS it took so long to get him down, I was seriously thinking he is hull-tanked.

One thing I could have done differently. In the middle of the fight I had Phantasm and Vagabond landed at 0 to me. Each is probably less tankier than a Drake... and we could kill it quicker.
But, Phantasm requires triple webs to hold down, Vagabond has T2 resists and god know how he is fit, so I called to get Drake down other than taking chances on getting other stuff.
Was it the right call?

(04:34:33Z) Pynekastoh, Akidagi
Nemesis -97.49m
Thrasher -11.75m
Navitas -14.27m
Coercer -4.49m
Navitas -9.91m
Drake +77.76m
Jaguar -39.78m
Algos -7.74m
Merlin -9.36m

We did reshipin Ichoriay again, this time into Merlins... in half hour we did not really find anything engageable and decided to go back home.

On the way back we did get indeed quite a few nice kills:
(05:00:43Z) Oinasiken
Cruor +86.38m

Here I warped fleet to a 'random' plex which appeared to have 2 BCs, we were able to catch one:
(05:09:48Z) Indregulle
Myrmidon +44.73m

Z0X caught this Vigil... he was tanking quite well, but died to the power of Magic Merlins.
(05:16:09Z) Murethand
Vigil Fleet Issue +61.7m

And on the way back I did stupid thing: we were sitting on the gate and shot 1-by-1 by a non-flashy Hecate. While I was trying to invite something he was killing us. We probably should just engage him and try killing him at least, or just run away.
(05:33:09Z) Loes
Merlin -6.79m
Merlin -4.92m
Merlin -4.64m
Capsule -0.01m

Overall, it was interesting fleet, ended up even being ISK positive :) though, who really cares.

ISK Destroyed: 508,944,208.58
ISK Lost: 462,692,703.26
ISK Delta: 46,251,505.32
Efficiency: 52.38%

What went well?
- Finding content in T3D is easy :) Pretty much everybody give you a fight :)
- T3D are nice to fly: travel quickly in propulsion mode, fight in sharpshooter, and take rep in defence, tanks really well :) My confessor was primaried, went low in armor, but as soon as I switched into a defence mode was completely repped and killed only after we lost 2 logies.

What could be better?
- T3D gang does need 2 T2 logies so they can hold each other, better 3 or 4. Without enough logy support buffer armor fit is not worth flying. In this case hull tank Hecate would work better.

I hope you enjoed fleet guys and I would love to see many of you next Thursday again!
I plan to fly Armor Buffer T3D again. I would love us to get 1-2 more T3D DDs and T2 logies.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [Small Gang Thursday] IV - T3Ds in Placid

Post by Budda Sereda »

Few more things:

Please do leave your feedback and help me getting a better FC: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Extended SRP was provided to a loss of a Deacon.

And I'm happy we stopped losing ceptors scouts. Good job Z0X!