Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[WHC] July Morning in WHC

Post by Budda Sereda »

Spoiler
Uriah Heep wrote:There I was on a July morning
Looking for love blue loot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grSWdLdp7po
It was a quite morning, fresh bacon (with Cataclysmic Variable effect, which appeared to be really important), full of relic, combat, and gas sites. It had only 1 external connection to low sec, 1 empty citadel.
I needed to process and publish few fits that were sitting on the bench in a fitting department for quite a while, so I decided to clear gas sites, huff the gas, and go into writing mode.

We activated gas sites, hacked few cans, myself and Professor reshipped into Gila, warped to .Bacon when somebody noticed that we got a new signature in Innuendo. I went back to scan it and told Professor to start rating. The moment I completed scanning Professor reported Proteus on D-Scan.

It is hard to say were did it came from, at that time I assumed he undocked from the citadel. Later we learned he ws from a different corp than citadel.

So, we decided to bait that Proteus. I made a ping, Professor was baiting on a combat site in his Gila. We did not get many people in fleet at that time, literally 4 or 5: myself in Zealot, Will in a Brutix. Plus Less in Kitsune. I asked somebody to get a dictor so we can keep Proteus on grid, just because Professor did not really have any tackle module... We also did not have logies. So my hope was to kill the proteus quicker than he can kill Professor. TBH, it was a risk. We had barely 1.5k DPS, maybe even less.

I think, If we had more experienced WH dwallers at that time they would warn from doing that. But, you guys know I take the calculated risk.
Even more experiences dwaller would say: ganking proteus in WHs rarely has logies, and solo Proteus is local rep, which has really bad feelings in C3 (-29% Local Rep Amount).

Professor hit the 2nd wave... and Proteus appeared on the grid... together with 2 Ishtars. Ups, that's something I did not expect, I asked Professor to warp to *Bacon, luckily, he did this on time. I don't know how did this happen, that Proteus should come close enough to tackle Gila quickly. Maybe Professor warped away quicker than cloak timer got expired? Dunno...

Those guys, most likely did not have hole scanned so they did not warp back to bacon. I made 2nd ping, we got more people. This time I called for Guardians, and we also got more DDs.

Upon that, I asked Professor to come back to the grid and play foul. LOL, this did work! In the middle of the 3rd wave with friends landed. Now they also had a Loki - but he only showed on d-scan and bailed quickly.

FLEET: Jump, Jump, Jump, bubble up, Proteus is the primary.

I also tried to call points on Ishtars, but they burned out of the bubble very quickly and we could not stop them. Same tried to do a Proteus. I even asked Professor to reship into a Vigilant (I know from yesterday hunting he has one, plus he was slow in ratting Gila). But we did have enough people to land scram, and eventually, web to get Proteus slow enough so fleet could catch up. He was tanking like a boss, and was still really far from many of us... at some point, I thought he will just warp away... I asked those who are on the back to bounce and warp on tackle.
But eventually we got Proteus down: 2.5 HACs sitting on your back (I count myself as .5 as I ws 40km away) and 2 BC at long range is something which is hard to tank :)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/63296228/ - 1,453M, and loot fairy said "welcome!" :)
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63296235/ - 136M

The only thing we lost was baiting MTU, unfortunately not covered by SRP.

Video of the fihgt: https://youtu.be/1WZTJm2qB2s

Questions:
Gat and Tress: did you guys have MWD on your Ishtar and Sac? How were you able to stay up with that Proteus?

Thoughts:
1. Should we consider having a solo logy ships in WHC?
2. If those Ishtars and Loki did not bail, I think they should be able if not kill us, but at least save proteus. 2 Guardians is something do be respectful with, but after Proteus pulled the range, they could warped to him, kill tackles, and maybe even few more DDs.

Good things:
0. We got a response on the ping. If we had literally 1 DD less we would need to ping 3rd time.
1. Having MTU on the grid for baiting ship give extra tank buffer :) So if you baiting have few to drop :)
2. Having jamms helped to keep our tackle alive: many thanks to Less (Tress's alt) who did not reship even I advised that (why did I do? dunno)

Could be better:
1. I forgot to enable my Armor hardener.
2. We should have reshipped into Shield stuff to help Gila stay alive

If you guys think we could do something better, please advise.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC] July Morning in WHC

Post by Budda Sereda »

Does this qualify for FCC? I think it does.

So please guys share your feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1 This fleet was not scheduled, so please chose fleet on 2017-06-30 at 2-00 (Class on scout/tackle) put in comments my name and reference to this AAR.

Thanks.
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

I was in a gila on .bacon when I noticed new sig. I then reshipped into prophecy. Good write up and thanks for FCing! By far the largest kill I've got the last hit on, good times! Also, I think they must have come through the EOL WH off the low sec, because most of their killboards were in WHs, not that area of low sec.
Image Image Image
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

2. If those Ishtars and Loki did not bail, I think they should be able if not kill us, but at least save proteus. 2 Guardians is something do be respectful with, but after Proteus pulled the range, they could warped to him, kill tackles, and maybe even few more DDs.
We only had 2 guards, but we also had a late to the party fleet support Prophecy with full armor links (resist, buffer, repair cycle speed and cap usage) and remote ECCM for both of them. It's a pretty strong impromptu setup while still supplying some neuting power and additional DPS.

Guardians have an effective range of over 70km when not under damps, the bigger problem was one of our guards being late on the burn after the Proteus so we had effectively only one guard at (near-max) range and one fully out of range. Secondly we had a guardian pilot at Logistics Cruisers level III, which is to low to be capacitor stable with two incoming energy transfers. I strongly recommend all to train to level IV before undocking a guardian for a fight. Level IV gives you stability at 2 ETs, level V opens up the awesomeness of only needing one.

Personally I expect of most WHC pilots to be fairly self-directed, especially in a gank, making us less ideal for FCC purposes. But I'll leave that to the FCC guys.