[WHC] Roll for Content, attempt #2

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[WHC] Roll for Content, attempt #2

Post by Budda Sereda »

As planned (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 24#p862124) we got the 2nd fleet.

TL:DR: for me it was boring. We had one interesting moment, which I will touch later, but otherwise ... interesting idea which has potential, and potential was confirmed today... but we were not able to get anything out of it.

So 1st problem was that 2 hours before fleet we had a fitting master class. I never thought it will take more than 2 hours... but it did. The class we great indeed, and I shifted a bit start-time for my fleet, but still needed to start before class finished. Maybe we could get few more people otherwise?

Around event start time, Analiese approached me and I asked him to organize a fleet and start rolling...

Another problem was that WHC connection to K-space was really far from main E-Uni hubs... traveling 20 jumps having 5 wars... never a great idea.
Luckily, nobody did travel to Amarr, but 2 guys were killed traveling to Stacmon to join travel fleets. :( 1 person was killed in PC9, another coming to Stacmon from Dodixie.

Anyway, I got 3 newbros and brought them into Innuendo. I tried to do a briefing and short intro about WH life, but dual-boxing (scouting myself) and giving overview was REALLY hard. Plus, I do need to have a check-list.
On out way, 6 jumps before Eggs we encountered 4 WTs, but were able to escape by choosing slightly different path: don't travel in cruisers and bigger ships without scouts!

The moment when we jumped into WHC Scouts found content (Don't remember what that was exactly), I believe it was Tengu ratting in 2B2.

I felt like there was no solid plan of engagement yet. I was not a nominal FC: I consider Analiese was, but he was in scouting squad so it would be really hard for him to form up a fleet.
So I did decide to take initiative. Fleet already had 2 guardians, HIC, decent amount of DDs, so I called fleet to warp to .Bacon.

For some reason, quite a lot of pilots landed at 15-20km... curious why? Maybe there was a lack of understanding of WH mechanic...?

Anyway, I called people to approach the WH and be ready to move further... but at this moment Tengu most likely saw a scouting Stratios jumping into .2B2 and ran away... scouts did not really have any other option as they assumed Tengu was in a data/relic site. Only later they did find an MTU in a green site... :(

That's essentially it.

At some point, we had a good opportunity to run sites in Bacon while we scouted chain, but only 1 person had a desire so no ratting.

Conclusion:

1. Don't bring people from other campuses unless there is a really close connection.
2. I feel like would be good to have a scouting rolling squad and the rest of people doing own business ready to respond to ping...

Please share your feedback guys!

Thanks for joining!
Analiese Aubernet

Re: [WHC] Roll for Content, attempt #2

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

You were trying to give an introduction to the wormhole campus on comms at the same time i was trying to coordinate intel and plans of action for the Tengu, which made it quite difficult to keep track of what was going on.

W/r/t the actual tackle of the Tengu, I needed to get a dictor to the 2B2 entrance in case he ran.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I think theres a few lessons with travelling.

It seems you had a few people, less than 6? So with that few, combat ships should have been moved in advance and the fleet travel small and fast, not needing scouts and being too fast to catch. Both individual deaths had nothing to do with the high sec connection's location.

Listening to comms it seems the objective was much more or pvp when rolling started and turnover of the holes seemed a little high to me but I guess that was the point in the rolling exercise.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

"For some reason, quite a lot of pilots landed at 15-20km... curious why? Maybe lack of understanding of WH mechanic..."

This comment suggest you bookmarked the scan window and not the wormhole after you landed on grid,
Since the bookmark from the scan window is about 10km off and if you land at 0 or 10km that can explain landing from the wormhole itself.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Analiese wrote:You were trying to give an introduction to the wormhole campus on comms at the same time i was trying to coordinate intel and plans of action for the Tengu, which made it quite difficult to keep track of what was going on.
As soon I realized you have prey coming I stopped whatever left from the lecture and switched to coordinating the attack.
Anyway, sorry if I messed up things.
Zeerse Solaris wrote:It seems you had a few people, less than 6? So with that few, combat ships should have been moved in advance and the fleet travel small and fast, not needing scouts and being too fast to catch. Both individual deaths had nothing to do with the high sec connection's location.
Yes, that's a good call. Especially because we do have ships for people to fly in Innuendo.
Rose Alice wrote:"For some reason, quite a lot of pilots landed at 15-20km... curious why? Maybe lack of understanding of WH mechanic..."

This comment suggest you bookmarked the scan window and not the wormhole after you landed on grid,
Since the bookmark from the scan window is about 10km off and if you land at 0 or 10km that can explain landing from the wormhole itself.
It was not me who bookmarked the hole.
And I did land at 0, even though I spent in the WHC essentially less than 1 minute...
So, it was either 2BMs (which I'm very sceptical about) or people just decided to apply low-sec mechanic to WH (or anything else).
Drak N'Gol
Title: Graduate

Post by Drak N'Gol »

Could have also asked for Eggs to be rolled until it was closer for you guys.
Ferdaid O'Neill

Post by Ferdaid O'Neill »

Curious about the scout(s) activity when hunting down the Tengu. Did those guys not get on grid?

I'm just getting the impression that said Tengu was in system...somewhere...but nobody really knew where. Having the Cov Ops on grid makes your warp-in a lot easier - bonus points if the scout positions himself so that the fleet can warp @ 20km and land on top of the target and not the scout.

Oh, and it means the scout can go for hero tackle if needs be. 35m trade for 300m (and possibly a lot more) is well worth it.
Former Titles Staff & WHC SRP Officer

Titles Titles FAQs