[CLASS-FLEET] WH Night-trip in LSC

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[CLASS-FLEET] WH Night-trip in LSC

Post by Budda Sereda »

As usually, I formed up a fleet in LSC to do money making OP while scouts are looking for content.

Form-up took a bit longer as we did not have enough logies. Thanks to Sunshine Gracchus we did get one so we were able to have 2 Exequrors (I've jumped into 2nd one).

Yet during form-up, while scouting WHs we detected 2 confessors gate-camping in Amasiree. They clearly were asking for a fight. The potential problem was that I've seen a Loki blinked once ... and I was afraid they are 3 of them gate-camping, but analysis of killboards did not indicate they have Loki in team, so I decided to engage.

It took time for me to come back to Stacmon (My alt was in a Helios scouting together with Guy Jolly, get Execuror from Ostingele. But those guys "waited" for us. Honestly, they probably did now know we are coming, ... So Jonathan Raholan in Harbinger volunteered to bait, he jumped to Amasiree, the rest of fleet gathered in Amoen on Amasiree gate. We had one more BC (Myrmidon), Vexor, Catalyst, and 2 Exequror.

For quite awhile I expected those guys to engage first, they did not so I asked Jonathan to come close enough to one of them, and point. It appeared a bit messy: communication between us was not 100% clear, I still could not understand if Jonathan got point or not, but at some point he reported out scout (Guy) reported Jonathan has less then 50% structure so I commanded everybody to jump through the gate.
Eventually, we saved Jonathan (had 25% structure left) and killed one confessor. Another Confessor was far enough to disengage.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/58801518/ +65.4M!!!
Mesoniax, how did it happen that you did not get into the kill? I did not as I was in a logy ship :)

Good start for the fleet!

We took a small break and went running sleeper sites in a scanned system.

On the first site, we lost one of our destroyers: the last wave of Fortification Frontier Stronghold has high enough DPS to bring him into low armor... I though we can keep him alive, but .. it did not happen.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/58802291/ -8.3M :( (loss was covered by generous FC).

Later I realized that fit was... not for armor tank doctrine. We all know destroyers are VERY questionable for C3 WH. And especially that fit. I probably should have asked to show the fit. After been killed Mesoniax reshipped into salvager and helped us with salvaging.

Been on the last wave of 2nd site scouts reported Cheetah on dscan, they were able to found it on relic site hacking. I called fleet to the WH connection and when scout was close enough we warped to scout.
Unfortunately, our destroyer pilot did not have scrum/point... and CR/BR could not lock Cheetah in time so it warped away.

I had scouts in the system on guard and get the fleet back to run sites.

Closer to the end of another site, scouts reported were few more ships in system, but unfortunately, we did not have something small to catch other frigates, so we did not engage.

Later called it a day as our 2nd logy pilot got a RL emergency, otherwise we would get some more ISKs. Still: I'm thankful to Sunshine, otherwise fleet would not happen at all.

Overall efficiency: 87.3% PvP, and 120M ISK profit :)

Good things:
- overall ISK positive
- good scouting
- good content!!! :)

Learned:
- Armor tank fit should NOT have self-rep modules: only resist and plates, and instead of 100mm Steel Plates I it better should have DC, and Nano membrane instead of Civilian Armor Repairer. Mid slot module - should have ewar module (scrum or disruptor).
- Again, people in weak ships should be aligned to some celestial and warp away if in danger. As FC, I should have explained that before fleet though.
- don't forget to BM exit back :)

To Improve:
- communication between baiting pilot and FC should be better, in particular baiting pilot should periodically report: distance, locked, pointed, scrummed, started fire, been pointed, etc.
- as logi I needed to overhear my reppers, not sure if Sunshine did (another logy pilot), but I did forget that

P.S. We also had another pilot joining in Venture, but unfortunately we had neither gas no ore sites in WH so I asked him to either scout WH outside or check 3 other WHs to see if the have ore or gas, but... I believe he decided to leave. Unfortunately, I don't remember pilot name.
Last edited by Budda Sereda on 2017.04.18 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine Gracchus

Re: [CLASS-FLEET] WH Night-trip in LSC

Post by Sunshine Gracchus »

Hey man, thanks for the awesome fleet! First time doing cruiser logi for me, so it was a great learning experience all around. Props on FC'ing while doing logi, that's quite a workload for one person :)

As to your comment for overheating, I had to when we first jumped in to save Johnathan cause he was so low. During the PvE work I found I was holding people with just one or two reps, probably should have communicated better with you to balance out the load. Either way, it was a fun trip, and hope to see you around!
Taco Suave

Post by Taco Suave »

What kind of ships are useful during these trips? I want to get started in Wormholes and I really have no idea where to begin? What are the various roles that need to be filled?

The only advanced Tech II ship skills I have are for Assault Frigates, Covert Ops Frigates and Interceptors.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Taco Suave wrote:What kind of ships are useful during these trips? I want to get started in Wormholes and I really have no idea where to begin? What are the various roles that need to be filled?

The only advanced Tech II ship skills I have are for Assault Frigates, Covert Ops Frigates and Interceptors.
How long are you in E-Uni Taco? You probably should apply for Sophomore and join WHC :).

Do you want to run WH sites solo or in a team?

In any case, frigates and destroyers are too squishy, even T2. T3 destroyers are probably OK, but i would not recommend start WH with them. It is better to start with T1 CR in C1 type of WHs, to get feeling. It can be done solo. You can solo C2 in T1 CR if you have decent skills and t2 modules. BC is better for C2. C3 would require a faction ship (Gila) or T2 cruisers. Still doable in T1 BC, but is hard and slow. Refer to this as for beginning: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/How_to_make_isk#C2

And, better to have somebody to help you with first steps, so join one of my WH-trip fleets or NNitH with other FCs.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Sunshine Gracchus wrote:Hey man, thanks for the awesome fleet! First time doing cruiser logi for me, so it was a great learning experience all around. Props on FC'ing while doing logi, that's quite a workload for one person :)
Indeed, it was really hard.
Sunshine Gracchus wrote: As to your comment for overheating, I had to when we first jumped in to save Johnathan cause he was so low. During the PvE work I found I was holding people with just one or two reps, probably should have communicated better with you to balance out the load. Either way, it was a fun trip, and hope to see you around!
Because it was 2 of us who were repping :)
There were 2 problems though:
1. we lost a destroyer... :( We probably could keep him by assigning all drones to him and overhitting earlier. He also should have his transversal speed.
2. at some point I thought sleepers will kill your ship: I was barely holding you alive. At some point you probably adjusted speed... and it helped.