PvP Rupture

<<

Flay Geobukseon

Portrait

Post 2010.08.14 19:33

PvP Rupture

The last discussion seems to date from last year, and someone asked for a newbie Rupture fit recently, so I EFT warriored something basic.

[Rupture, Cheap PvP Ruppie]
Damage Control I
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Stasis Webifier I
Warp Scrambler I

425mm AutoCannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Small Energy Neutralizer I

Warrior I x5
Warrior I x1

This fits with Engineering 3 and Electronics 3. All Tech 1 Meta 0 so the modules can be picked from uni hangars during war.

330 dps and 13k EHP with all level 5 skills, though for newbies its likely to be a bit less.

Edit: 245 dps with recommended skills below. 12 k EHP.

Pro tip for newbies: stagger the neut cycles.

Anyway, post more rupture fits.
Last edited by Flay Geobukseon on 2010.09.07 18:38, edited 3 times in total.
:twilightblush: Pony Play :twilightsmile:
The story of a master and his beloved pet.
A Kelduum Revaan and Twilight Sparkle fan fiction.
<<

Shirralia

Portrait

Post 2010.08.14 21:05

Re: PvP Rupture

Flay Geobukseon wrote:a bit

A bit? Really?
<<

Hithalu

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 04:19

The only difference I would make would be to drop one gyro to add in an EANM for a bit more survivability. Solid beginner Ruppy for sure.
<<

Uryence

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 09:06

You can squeeze slightly more on-paper DPS out of it if you use HAMLs -- when I was in the uni I flew some fleet Ruptures like this:

[Rupture, Cheap PvP R 2]
Damage Control I
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Warp Scrambler I
Stasis Webifier I

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Hellfire Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Hellfire Assault Missile

Warrior I x5
Warrior I x1

At all-Vs, 369 on-paper DPS -- the turret-produced portion of that DPS has better tracking but worse falloff, while the damage from the HAMs will obviously suffer a lot if you fire them at something small and fast. (You can also swap two warriors for a Hammerhead or Valkyrie, which will again offer more DPS against big things but possibly less against small ones.)

I'm not sure I'd bother with an EANM for extra EHP unless I knew cruisers would be the biggest ships in the fleet.

Are Y-T8s cheaper than meta 0 10MN MWDs at the moment?
Last edited by Uryence on 2010.08.15 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Shirralia

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 09:32

They cost like 100k afaik.
<<

Rain Kaessinde

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 13:38

Needs more named modules in general. Someone is playing with Y-T8s in Rens, but they haven't gone above 300k buy. 800mm meta4 plates can currently be had for the same price as meta0 in Rens. Two meta2 gyros are as effective as three meta0, freeing up a slot for an EANM or TE without losing DPS or spending much ISK. Named medium projectiles are annoyingly expensive, however.

Looking at DPS graphs I get the feeling that a TE beats a third gyro, especially with lower skills, but that could go either way. The DPS difference between HAM and AML is small, while AML is much easier to fit, more forgiving of lower missile skills, and more effective against small or fast targets. I'd leave the decision between neuts and missiles to the pilot's cap skills.

[Rupture, PvP Starter Rupture]
Damage Control I
800mm Reinforced Titanium Plates I
F-M3 Munition Inertial Suspensor
F-M3 Munition Inertial Suspensor
Tracking Enhancer I

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I, Republic Fleet Fusion M
'Malkuth' Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
'Malkuth' Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Warrior I x5

The fitting requirements are all of... Electronics II. With Minmatar Cruiser IV and a modest selection of shooty skills at III, the damage starts around 200dps with 1+11km on the guns.
<<

Azual Skoll

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 16:39

A fairly popular fit with Agony at the moment is the Shield Gank rupture. It basically works of the same principles as the ever-popular Shield Gank hurricane.

I've used t1 mods here so the newbies don't have to look them all up, I recommending fitting meta 1 or 2, or whatever suits your budget. If you have decent fitting skills, you should be able to fit 2 medium neuts instead of 1 med 1 small, but the below should fit with the skills of a starting character.

For non-war use, you can also buy three shield resist rigs for next to nothing (much less than armour or gunnery rigs).

[Rupture, Shield Gank]
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Tracking Enhancer I
Tracking Enhancer I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Warp Scrambler I
Large Shield Extender I

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I, EMP M
Medium Energy Neutralizer I

Warrior I x5
Warrior I x1

HP is lower than armour fits, but it makes use of the rupture's natural speed and agility, as well as giving a great falloff bonus via the tracking enhancers.
Small gang PVPer and author of The Altruist (an instructional PVP blog)
<<

Flay Geobukseon

Portrait

Post 2010.08.15 16:56

Recommended skill plan for new players. This is nearly the same as the thorax basic pvp skill plan, except it needs less fitting skills, adds energy emission, switches gallente stuff for minmatar, and hybrids to projectiles. So it should be attainable within the first month of play for newbies.

Acceleration Control III
Afterburner III
Combat Drone Operation III
Controlled Bursts III
Drone Interfacing III
Drone Navigation III
Drone Sharpshooting III
Drones V
Energy Emission Systems III
Energy Management III
Energy Systems Operation III
Evasive Maneuvering III
Minmatar Cruiser IV
Minmatar Frigate IV
Gunnery V
High Speed Maneuvering III
Hull Upgrades III
Mechanic III
Medium Projectile Turret IV
Motion Prediction III
Navigation III
Propulsion Jamming III
Rapid Firing III
Scout Drone Operation III
Sharpshooter III
Signature Analysis III
Small Projectile Turret III
Surgical Strike III
Targeting III
Trajectory Analysis III
Warp Drive Operation III
Weapon Upgrades I

For Shield tanking, add:

Shield Management III
Shield Upgrades III

This gives 245 DPS and 12,221 EHP with the first fit I posted.
If you raise guns and gyro to meta 2, dps goes up to 281.
If you raise guns and gyro to meta 3, dps goes up to 301.

Adding an EANM with lowish tanking skills doesn't do much, adds about 1 k EHP. Its when you get into T2 stuff with good skills and the armor compensation supports that resistance mods start to make a real difference. So for a cheap fit rupture I wouldn't bother with EAMS and such, DC and plate give a decent buffer.

Going to higher meta items is of course recommended if they can be afforded. My initial fit was all T1 meta 0 simply so that newbies can grab those from hangars without making shopping trips etc.

If you want to go up to T2, maybe something like this:

[Rupture, T2 PvP Ruppie]
Damage Control II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP M
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Warrior II x5
Warrior II x1

Although if you can fit a full T2 on a rupture, you can do the same on a cane. No rigs so that it is wartime-complient. If you rig it for peacetime, you might want to consider switching all the gyros for EANMs and maybe using it to bait.

Although if you're rigging a rupture, the shield rigs are cheaper, and has added mobility of a shield tanked rupture over a trimarked rupture.
Last edited by Flay Geobukseon on 2010.09.24 22:06, edited 3 times in total.
:twilightblush: Pony Play :twilightsmile:
The story of a master and his beloved pet.
A Kelduum Revaan and Twilight Sparkle fan fiction.
<<

Varius Arcturus

Portrait

Post 2010.08.16 00:47

That T2 fit that you posted is pretty much the same thing I just came up with, except I'd go with a second EANM to take advantage of that 1600mm plate. Having almost 30k EHP on an unrigged T1 cruiser is pretty awesome.

Also, why not go with Hobgoblins to get a bit more DPS? You can use the guns to do explosive damage if you want.
<<

Rhavas

Portrait

Post 2010.09.22 05:10

OK, so I'm feeling a bit less failfit now (took my first PVP run in an E-UNI fleet and first cruiser PVP with my Ruppy last night - always Rifters before this). I am working toward a fit like the T2 that Flay posted. I want it to be plate-heavy/tank-heavy, so am trying to build the plan around the 1600mm armor. That generates a few questions around the fit, largely around the assumption that with the big plate it will not be fast/maneuverable (at least to a guy who spends most of his time in a Rifter or a Cheetah).

1) I like the idea of Neuts, but have fitted missiles instead for what I assume would be better distance/DPS add. Good idea or bad idea? Bad assumption?

2) With a "slow" ship and flying with dedicated tacklers, is there really any point to the web/scram? This seems like a waste of at least one, if not two, mids. Is it really worthwhile to fit these when flying with an E-UNI fleet vs solo?

3) 2nd EANM vs 2nd Gyro vs Nanofiber. Given the rest of the fit, what is the best choice for the 5th low? Here I've put in the nanofiber again largely because I'm paranoid this thing is slow.

Current Fit:

HIGH
4x 220mm Vulcan Autocannon I, EMP I
2x Standard Missile Launcher, Sabretooth Light Missile

MEDIUM
10MN MicroWarpdrive I
'Langour' Drive Disruptor
Warp Scrambler I

LOW
Damage Control II
1600mm Reinforced Crystalline Carbonide Plates I (can't fit Tungsten yet)
Gyrostabilizer I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Beta Hull Mod Nanofiber Structure (or another Gyro or another EANM?)

Comments and advice welcomed. Thanks!
Author of Interstellar Privateer and the Shattered Planets Datacore. ILN Lt.(JG), Retired
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

VeloxMors

Portrait

Post 2010.09.22 12:48

Rhavas wrote:Comments and advice welcomed. Thanks!

First, the standard missile launchers aren't worth it; compared to the ACs, they do trivial dps... the small neuts could make a big difference against a frig-sized ship that tries to get their transversal up by getting close. The nano should be replaced with a second gyro or eanm... I usually only fit a 1600 on a rupture if it's bait fit, so I'd say a second eanm would make the most sense. I also like using an energized reactive membrane; the hardener is cap dependent and also visually tells your enemy that you're armor fit, and you have your explosive resists up. A smart PVPer would know to switch to kinetic or thermal ammo based on seeing the hardener.

I usually it my bait rupture like so:

Code:
[Rupture, bait]
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Damage Control II
Energized Reactive Membrane II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Warp Disruptor II

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Warrior II x5
Light Armor Maintenance Bot II x1

For a more general use DD fit, I like this:

Code:
[Rupture, dd]
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Warp Disruptor II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Compact 'Limos' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Hellfire Assault Missile
Compact 'Limos' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Hellfire Assault Missile

Warrior II x5
Light Armor Maintenance Bot II x1

It's a bit of a glass cannon (11.5k ehp), but is quick and does amazing dps for a cruiser. Enough to actually be effective DD, at least. Since the rupture is commonly a big ehp ship, your chances of being primaried really aren't that great (unless you're flying with a gang of small ships).
<<

Frood Frooster

Portrait

Director of Special Projects

Post 2010.09.23 22:43

Flay's fit rocks. It has scram, web and 2 neuts.
scram, web > LSE, whatever
2 neuts > missiles

Maybe (!) think about switching one gyro for a TE or EANM, but Flay's fit is superior for uni fleets imho (the rest are nice fits, but scram and web are important for heavy tackle in uni fleet as most frig tacklers use dis and stay out of web range. Ruppie has the speed to tackle fast and med neuts help shut down stuff for real DD to hit heavy.
As people mentioned, fit meta stuff if you can. Start with scram, web.
<<

StrydeTaz

Portrait

Post 2010.09.24 13:49

Frood Frooster wrote:Flay's fit rocks. It has scram, web and 2 neuts.
scram, web > LSE, whatever
2 neuts > missiles

Maybe (!) think about switching one gyro for a TE or EANM, but Flay's fit is superior for uni fleets imho (the rest are nice fits, but scram and web are important for heavy tackle in uni fleet as most frig tacklers use dis and stay out of web range. Ruppie has the speed to tackle fast and med neuts help shut down stuff for real DD to hit heavy.
As people mentioned, fit meta stuff if you can. Start with scram, web.

I don't know Frood, I tend to like the LSE + scram. That way I have the speed to keep up with most cruisers, I have the guns that will make any cruiser or frig cry, and will make BC's think 2ce about what they are doing, I can use them out to 30k (T2 + Barrage on 425's), more if I drop my dps a bit. The armor tanks are so slow and just don't have the damage output that I like. I will agree that a web is nice but they are not always necessary. I do agree with the neuts though; neuts = WIN!
Ex-BG1 Squad 3 CO. Black Sheep for life.
May we all have rocking boats with rough seas while the sky bleeds with the blood of our foes.
<<

Rafe Vatta

Portrait

Post 2010.09.24 18:22

Azual Skoll wrote:A fairly popular fit with Agony at the moment is the Shield Gank rupture. It basically works of the same principles as the ever-popular Shield Gank hurricane.

I was just coming into the thread to mention we've seen a lot of these Ruptures recently, and then I see you already posted the fit for it :wink:

Anyways, we have a number of these on both kill and loss mails (ie other people have been flying them). The ones we've seen most recently came in pairs, fitted with points, but supported by a frigate-class tackler with a scram. They work quite well in that configuration. Without that sort of planned composition, however, I agree the scram makes more sense. Nice fit, and even nicer when T2ized and rigged.
<<

Frood Frooster

Portrait

Post 2010.09.25 15:22

In regular Uni fleets it is not about killing the target but catching it, so scram, web is superior imho.
Next

Return to Questions & Answers