PvE Algos

<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.17 23:58

PvE Algos

Anyone played with a good Algos fit yet? I found this one online and modified it to fit my skills.
EVE University Senior Personnel Officer

<<

Gunny Fury

Portrait

Post 2012.12.18 01:44

Re: PvE Algos

The thing is tho, most pvers focus on L4 or what nots, I can see this thing being a good L1/L2 / low level DED runner, but nothing beyond that.
<<

Murbella Idaho

Portrait

Post 2012.12.18 02:16

T2 Light drones have almost no real benefit from omni's or drone nav modules as they arrive at the target plenty fast and don't need any range or tracking bonus. You would be better off shield tanking it in the mids and the rigs, and using a damage control and 2 drone damage amps in the lows.
Graduate - Teacher - Mentor - Wormhole Campus Liaison
<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.18 02:44

I dont have the best skills for shields I'm at upgrades 3 and tac. manipulation 2. I like the second drone damage amp but I dont see an increase in drone dps in EFT. I'm not certain I'd need the drone durability since I have the remote rep, maybe drone scope. I could also drop the remote rep I suppose for a repair drone...hmm.
Thanks for the feedback, I need it :)

<<

Murbella Idaho

Portrait

Post 2012.12.18 05:48

From looking at your fit, i would assume your Electronics skill is rather low as is your Weapon Upgrades. I would suggest working on the getting both at least to lvl 4 to get yourself more CPU on your ship before moving into destroyers as you are having a very hard time fitting the smallest guns. with about 2-3 days worth of time, you can massively improve your ships CPU output and be able to drop the overclocking rigs for tank.

After some searching looks like your first fit was actually suggested here http://eve-search.com/thread/181338-1
So might be worth trying out, i forgot the ship has 35mbit/s bandwidth so also you are best using a mixed flight of drones of 2med 3light, in which case the nav and omni do improve your drones ability to reach and hit targets.
<<

Gortois Aulmais

Portrait

Post 2012.12.18 07:34

If you're doing it for fun: Carry on. Skill up to proper supports and T2 gear where applicable. Drone skills, drone skills, drone skills.

If you're doing it to seriously do L2 missions: Don't rig it, train up Connections/Social to 4 (seriously) and you're going to spend maybe, MAYBE a day or so in L2s. Better yet, get a cruiser, since a cruiser in a L2 is hard to lose unless Dumb.

Could be fun to go through the Sisters arc with though! I think that'd be a dandy ship to play with to get a bit of a feel for drones PVE if you want to start down that route.
<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.19 01:33

Drones are currently my primary dps with about 4.1m sp. I have about 150k in gunnery right now so I'm working on getting the small hybrid turrets and gunnery skills leveled up. This really is mostly for fun, i'd say at least 85% of my time is spent in the belts but I'm trying to expand my game play by doing some mission runs. My Electronics skill is 4 and weapons upgrades is 1, I'm almost finished with destroyers 4 and have long range targeting setup after that. Should I drop the targeting and do connections/social next or weapons upgrades?

Thanks for the help o7

<<

Murbella Idaho

Portrait

Post 2012.12.19 02:17

If you have 4mill in drones and haven't yet hit core competency standard, you might want to circle round for that first. Social skills improve mission rewards and standing improvements, so they are nice but not required.
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2012.12.19 12:33

TwilightSazuka wrote:Drones are currently my primary dps with about 4.1m sp. I have about 150k in gunnery right now so I'm working on getting the small hybrid turrets and gunnery skills leveled up. This really is mostly for fun, i'd say at least 85% of my time is spent in the belts but I'm trying to expand my game play by doing some mission runs. My Electronics skill is 4 and weapons upgrades is 1, I'm almost finished with destroyers 4 and have long range targeting setup after that. Should I drop the targeting and do connections/social next or weapons upgrades?

Thanks for the help o7

To compare, this character just hit 50m SP last night. I've 13.6m in Gunnery, 14.9m in Spaceship Command, and a measly 2.2m in Drones. *shrugs* T2 small and medium drones, Drone Interfacing V, bunch of support skills. Does me fine. Time for you to start training guns.
<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.19 15:17

I do agree sir, my guns are in terribad shape atm and up until I read the dev blog describing the split for destroyers and battlecrusiers I was working on getting my small hybrid turrets up to t2. Now i'm going to finish off destroyers from 4 to 5 over the next 5 days and follow that with my battlecrusiers from 3 to 5. I think the whole plan is about 30 days so in the mean time I'll just keep doing my l1 missions and relying on my op (compared to me lol) drones to keep the dps flowing.

<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.26 20:46

just as a bit of follow up I've been using the first fit with pretty good success in L1/L2 missions. I could deploy my drones and go take a bath if I wanted to, I rarely loose much shield and I've yet to lose a single drone. I have had to rep a drone once or twice but so far it seems op for L1/2's

<<

Gunny Fury

Portrait

Post 2012.12.27 02:08

Sad to say that hybrid blasters and rails are not the best for pve.

Blasters have far too short of a range, esp when you combine it with a battleships' speed (IE slow as heck), and while they do high paper damage, it would be hard to apply them.

Rails have excellent range, but pve L4s usually happens well within the shortest antimatter L range, so their bonus is kind of wasted in this aspect.

I would say if you want pve, tach lasers or autocannos is the way to go. seeing as you are gallente, it would be faster to train into amarr. noted that both AC and minimatar is more flexible in that you can choose your damage type, and you can armor tank some of them (but shield is their perferred tank).
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2012.12.27 10:42

Blasters probably aren't the best selection, but I don't blame the blasters. I blame the ships. What blasters truly need to shine is a decent battleship with an optimal range bonus. Yes, the Rokh exists, that's why I included the "decent" qualifier in my statement. It lacks the lowslots and fitting to really be viable for what we're discussing, which is an unqualified L4 beast.

Rails, though...railguns have some potential. Enter the Vindicator.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Vindicator, L4 Blasters]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Pith C-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet 100MN Afterburner

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Yeah. This is a shield Vindicator with no webs. Screw you, I don't care how dumb it looks. It dishes out 944 gun DPS with all-Vs, and 886 with Large Railgun Spec IV, Surgical Strike IV, Rapid Firing V. It does this with a range of 51+55km.

Toss in T2 sentries and you're looking at 1100-1200 DPS at the same ranges. That's on-par with a proper Machariel or Nightmare. The only weakness is the tank, but even that is entirely sufficient for L4s.

Now...would I select it over the Machariel? Probably not. But if I had a more important reason to select hybrid turrets over projectiles, this would be my choice. I don't consider already having trained T2 medium hybrids as an excuse, although wanting to join a corp/alliance with large hybrids among their PvP doctrines would be a solid reason.
<<

TwilightSazuka

Portrait

Post 2012.12.27 14:18

The algos is a destroyer, I can't pilot a BS yet.

<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2012.12.27 14:41

TwilightSazuka wrote:The algos is a destroyer, I can't pilot a BS yet.

We know, we're being elitist jerks and have stopped talking about you, lol. Also, that's like a 3b or so Vindicator I just linked up.

All the guns are really fine until you get to L4s, tbh. But if you start training for your eventual target early, it shortens the length of that train significantly.

Back off-topic, the reason ACs are even really viable at all is because of Angels orbitting so close, and because the Machariel has an obscene falloff bonus. Lasers work because their range is already retarded, and tachs can push more DPS at range than pulses can (since tachs can use Multi while pulses must switch to Scorch). Fortunately for hybrid users, railguns don't suffer from quite the same DPS gap that artillery does, and you can mostly just load Antimatter and forget about it.
Next

Return to Questions & Answers