Post Update Atron?

<<

Qynn Qyksilver

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 03:30

Post Update Atron?

Anyone messed about with the post-update Atron? Just got one running the Gallente noob agent missions (I'm cross training: started with the Caldari & moved on to Minmatar starter agents, and now working my way around the star map to the other factions).

I'm curious on how best to fit this much improved version for general PVE mission running.

4 High Slots, 3 meds, 2 low... Interesting possibilities, no?

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

o7

Q
Qynn Qyksilver, Former Teacher, Former ILN LT (SCOG/SRG)

Currently slipping into my Tesco packaging as "Lasagne"

<<

Resnik Cesaille

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 08:29

Re: Post Update Atron?

Atron is awesome little ship after this update. The thing is it's not really designed towards PvE.

It has "80% reduction in Propulsion Jamming systems activation cost" bonus, which means it is suppose to be great tackler. It is training ship for interceptors basically.

So if you want best ship for the job I would recommend sitting in Incursus. I know it is not as pretty but it's fit for pve way better then Atron.

Still lets throw the reason out of the window and have some fun with Atron hull. This is fit I cooked up. It is not tested and it requires a bit of fitting skills, but I think it could be fun to fly it this way:

[Atron, Atron PvE]
Co-Processor I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer I

Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Small Shield Booster I
1MN Afterburner I

Light Ion Blaster I, Antimatter Charge S
Small Nosferatu I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

I used the rig to have about 50% resists across the board. It is not cap stable, but using nos should help with cap (as you are fighting in blaster range). Also shield boosters are not meant to be run all the time but only when you get into 40% or so of shields.

I fit blasters because I like them on frigs in any situation. Small rails range advantage isn't that big compared to blasters, especially in ship as mobile as this.

DPS is OK I think, 95 with my skills.

To be fair no matter how you fit ship for level 1 mission, you will probably come out of it in one piece anyway. But this is just something that I think would be fun to fly.
<<

Intana Kreis

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 09:01

See above - basically none of the balancing so far has rebalanced the ships as far as PvE is concerned (the upcoming buff to hacking/analyzing frigs will be the first of those).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

<<

Atla Wolffriend

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 16:35

This is the Atron setup used by Dorcha that I've adopted to my current skill set (not much below his, but I had to do one or two minor changes):

Code:
[Atron, Dorcha's Atron]
Damage Control II
Overdrive Injector System II
Micro K-Exhaust Core Augmentation

Warp Disruptor II
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender II

75mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Flies like a dream, cap stable with the right skills. You may have to drop some stuff to T1 to get it all to fit in the cap, but it's still a great proto-inty.
EVE University Diplomat | Titles Staff

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Qynn Qyksilver

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 19:53

Thanks... Think I'll take your advice and try the Incursus out instead. I'll save tackler training when I've tried out ships from all races. I might goof around with the Atron in the meantime, but not too seriously.

<<

Atla Wolffriend

Portrait

Post 2012.08.22 21:32

The Atron is a good ship to learn intercepting without too much cost, or the need for a high skill level.

ImageImageImage

<<

Qynn Qyksilver

Portrait

Post 2012.08.23 16:56

Atla Wolffriend wrote:The Atron is a good ship to learn intercepting without too much cost, or the need for a high skill level.

What's a good way to practice that if I can't make classes? Just pick on mission rats? I wouldn't think so, since they blindly chase... Or will I still get the gist of intercepting from that?

<<

Atla Wolffriend

Portrait

Post 2012.08.23 18:16

Qynn Qyksilver wrote:
Atla Wolffriend wrote:The Atron is a good ship to learn intercepting without too much cost, or the need for a high skill level.

What's a good way to practice that if I can't make classes? Just pick on mission rats? I wouldn't think so, since they blindly chase... Or will I still get the gist of intercepting from that?

Join the fleets heading out of Aldrat -- the Noobs on Patrol or New World NoP, depending on your play time. Great places to learn the basics, and I would never have moved down to the LSC if I didn't have a couple of those fleets under my belt.

ImageImageImage

<<

Rennie theMuckster

Portrait

Post 2012.08.24 20:23

This may be too high sp but I decided to fit my atron to the max, which was all tech 2 gear and I also rigged a small power and cap. I love it because it's fast and there aren't any npc missions that expect a small ship up close and personal doing some serious damage.

Just don't overestimate - again this may be more than this forum looks for but it could be something to look forward to.

3 - 75 gatling rail II
1 salvager II

afterburner 1mn II
cap recharger I or II

damage control II
small armor repairer II
thermic plating II

Rigs:

small powergrid subroutine maximizer I
small capacitor control circuit I
<<

Qynn Qyksilver

Portrait

Post 2012.09.04 22:04

Resnik Cesaille wrote:Atron is awesome little ship after this update. The thing is it's not really designed towards PvE.

It has "80% reduction in Propulsion Jamming systems activation cost" bonus, which means it is suppose to be great tackler. It is training ship for interceptors basically.

So if you want best ship for the job I would recommend sitting in Incursus. I know it is not as pretty but it's fit for pve way better then Atron.

Still lets throw the reason out of the window and have some fun with Atron hull. This is fit I cooked up. It is not tested and it requires a bit of fitting skills, but I think it could be fun to fly it this way:

[Atron, Atron PvE]
Co-Processor I

Small Shield Booster I
1MN Afterburner I

Small Nosferatu I

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

I used the rig to have about 50% resists across the board. It is not cap stable, but using nos should help with cap (as you are fighting in blaster range). Also shield boosters are not meant to be run all the time but only when you get into 40% or so of shields.

I fit blasters because I like them on frigs in any situation. Small rails range advantage isn't that big compared to blasters, especially in ship as mobile as this.

DPS is OK I think, 95 with my skills.

To be fair no matter how you fit ship for level 1 mission, you will probably come out of it in one piece anyway. But this is just something that I think would be fun to fly.

I've been flying this fit with an OOC alt hauler that I've been skilling up, and also run some of the newbie agent missions on. Holy smokes this is a ton of fun to fly!

<<

Jethil Icenogle

Portrait

Post 2013.06.02 23:56

I'm starting to work on my fitting skills so I decided to work with this. I "borrowed" the build from Resnik Cesaille and came up with this.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Atron, Atron PvE]
Co-Processor I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Small Shield Booster I
1MN Afterburner I

Small Nosferatu I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

14 1/2 hours to train from starting and 9 of that is for rigging.
I want my $2!
<<

Miks Rebelius

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 07:02

Battleclinic is running a competition about Atron fittings these days so you may be able to find some interesting fits in that thread.

Also Ripard Teg just posted an Atron fit for new guys in his blog.
<<

Gunny Fury

Portrait

Post 2013.06.06 09:12

the necro is strong with this one

i was wondering why a ponywaffle member would be asking abut atron fits and general pve running...

as to the question, seriously, this is L1, drop the rigs and the micro aux and the nos. CCCs are expensive and you are better off fitting cheap anti-em and anti-therm (or vs the rat of your choice in your area, which for serpent is kin/therm) shield rigs in them.

this with Electronics III and Engineering III (short train) and not much other skills (note the red, it cant be fit on that guy without some other training)

if you have cap issues, swap the invn to cap recharger.

http://i.imgur.com/FxFtfae.png

you need more skills / bigger ship for L2, destroyer or a T2 tank + medium gunnery skills for this thing would work.

Return to Questions & Answers