PvE Gila

<<

telegeeek

Portrait

Post 2010.04.29 16:35

PvE Gila

I finally got my hands on it, the Gila, faction cruiser :)

i browsed and searched the forum but no topics about it.

Im not very experienced with fitting ships, ive spoken with a few guys but would love more views ;)

I know as much as its shield tanked, drones are main dps and i should equip heavy missiles.

There are 3 launcher slots but 5 highslots. And since i will be acompanied by a dedicated salvaging vessle i wonder what do i use my highslots on, and what tank setup should i use?

Also i have installed rigs, .. i cant take the name from my head now, they reduce shield regen time. Any better choices?

Hope anyone or everyone or atleast someone has a good fit ;)

And what drones should i use for the different, frigates, cruisers, bcs and BS?
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2010.04.29 18:23

Re: PvE Gila

I already gave you a decent fit for lvl3-4 missions on the other thread

+500 dps, +700 dps tank against guristas.

[Gila, lolpve]
Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I
Ballistic Control System II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Ballistic Deflection Field II
Heat Dissipation Field II
Shield Recharger II
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defence Field Purger I

Ogre II x5

about your questions,

If you already have a dedicated salvager, nevermind with highs. The damage bonuses on this ship come from the drones, so might as well leave the 2 other highs empty. Maybe a DLA if it fits but meh.

The purger rigs are the best choice for a passive shield ship like this fit is. Maybe fit T2 ones if you can afford them.

About drone sizes, lights against frigates/destroyers, mediums against destroyers/cruisers/BCs, Heavies against BCs/Battleships. But you'll learn with the practice that drone flight time can be a hassle, and then will choose just one or two types depending on the situation. Ogres/Hammerheads/Hobgoblins are the best choice against Guristas/Serpentis, not sure about the rest of the rats.

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Arcturas Vostro

Portrait

Post 2010.04.29 20:26

MA's fit is solid for an L4 mission runner. Once you get experience controlling agro and reducing incoming dps, you may be able to swap the shield recharger for an omni tracking link or a drone navi comp (depending on whether you prefer sentries or heavies for killing battleships), but don't do that until you are comfortable with your tank, as it'll put you in the 400-475 dps tanked range, rather than the 500+ dps tanked range, meaning you might have to warp out from time to time if you bork agro.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2010.04.29 21:02

Arcturas Vostro wrote:MA's fit is solid for an L4 mission runner. Once you get experience controlling agro and reducing incoming dps, you may be able to swap the shield recharger for an omni tracking link or a drone navi comp (depending on whether you prefer sentries or heavies for killing battleships), but don't do that until you are comfortable with your tank, as it'll put you in the 400-475 dps tanked range, rather than the 500+ dps tanked range, meaning you might have to warp out from time to time if you bork agro.

...That's the moment you get a couple of Gist/Pith X-type hardeners and get an even better tank even after removing the Recharger 8)

<<

telegeeek

Portrait

Post 2010.04.30 12:42

Do I need the afterburner?
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2010.04.30 14:16

telegeeek wrote:Do I need the afterburner?

It's not that you need it, it's more like if you don't have it, you will miss it a lot :lol:

<<

telegeeek

Portrait

Post 2010.04.30 14:39

this is for speed while moving around? not for reducing dmg or anything right?
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2010.04.30 14:42

telegeeek wrote:this is for speed while moving around? not for reducing dmg or anything right?

It can reduce incoming damage from battleships, but you are in a passive ship with probably very low enginnering skills, meaning you will end up with no cap for the hardeners in no time if you leave it on all the time.

So, it's more for approaching those 80kms away targets in the first place ;)

<<

Azual Skoll

Portrait

Post 2010.04.30 17:30

Try sentry drones and drone link augmentors in your spare high slots. Wardens or Bouncers can easily hit out to your max locking range and will chew through targets at range without having to wait for your heavy drones to travel the distance. If small ships get in too close for them to track, just pull them in (which is instant, since they didn't go anywhere) and switch to a flight of light drones.
Small gang PVPer and author of The Altruist (an instructional PVP blog)
<<

Lord Aldrich

Portrait

Post 2010.05.01 19:36

Master Akira wrote:... not sure about the rest of the rats.

Use Minmatar drones (the Warrior and Valkyrie series) on the Angel Cartel, and Gallente drones (the aforementioned Hobgoblin and Hammerhead series) on everything else. Caldari drones are technically the best against Guristas, but only very marginally so, to the point where it's not really worth the effort of swapping out your Gallente drones. And don't ever use Amarr drones, they're totally worthless.
<<

Rain Kaessinde

Portrait

Post 2010.05.01 22:52

Lord Aldrich wrote:Use Minmatar drones (the Warrior and Valkyrie series) on the Angel Cartel, and Gallente drones (the aforementioned Hobgoblin and Hammerhead series) on everything else. Caldari drones are technically the best against Guristas, but only very marginally so, to the point where it's not really worth the effort of swapping out your Gallente drones. And don't ever use Amarr drones, they're totally worthless.

All of this, with one addition. The one type of Amarr drone that does not utterly suck is the Curator sentry, and it's actually pretty decent when stuff is out of Garde range. For EM/therm rats, and also rogue drones, I used to carry Curators, Gardes, Hammers, and Hobs.
<<

telegeeek

Portrait

Post 2010.05.03 19:54

im training drone skills as crazy ;)
<<

Talzed

Portrait

Post 2010.06.07 01:00

I am very new, but confused. why would you use Heavy Missile Launcher IIs rather than Arbalest? Also, wouldnt it be wise to use HAMs vs frigates because of targetting concerns?

Thank you in advance.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2010.06.07 01:14

Talzed wrote:I am very new, but confused. why would you use Heavy Missile Launcher IIs rather than Arbalest? Also, wouldnt it be wise to use HAMs vs frigates because of targetting concerns?

Thank you in advance.

T2 launchers do more dps than best named because they get extra rate of fire from the Specialization skill they require. Also, if you have to fit named launchers because of fittings/skills concerns, then Arbalests are not always the best choice because of price.

HAMs are not meant for PVE because of range, they actually do less damage than HMLs to frigates because of their explosion radius. If you know you are fighting against a lot of frigates then the launchers should be Assaults (not heavy assaults). HMLs are the best choice for l3-l4 missions where there are cruisers and battleships. But the launchers are kinda moot anyway, they are not the bulk of Gila's dps.

<<

Talzed

Portrait

Post 2010.06.07 01:42

tyvm Akira
Next

Return to Questions & Answers