A number of significant changes have been made to key aspects of Diablo III in this patch. To learn more about these changes and why they were made, please be sure to read the "System Changes" blog, written by Jay Wilson.
All characters have been wiped. Please note that this wipe will also affect gold, achievements, items, followers, and artisans.
* The Battle.net Balance for all beta participants has been reset to 50 Beta Bucks
* Core character attributes have been reworked significantly
** Attack, Defense, and Precision have been removed
** Dexterity, Intellect, Strength, and Vitality have been added:
+Demon Hunter damage
+Dodge (for all classes)
+Witch Doctor damage
+Health from globes (for all classes)
+Armor (for all classes)
+Health (for all classes)
** Armor will now supplement Defense, as well as provide +Physical resist
** +Chance to Crit has been added as an item affix
** Player Life per Vitality has been changed:
Players will now start out with 10 Life per Vitality at level 1
* Nephalem Altars have been removed and players can now swap unlocked skills at any point during gameplay via the Skills list. This will impose a 30-second cooldown on the newly-activated skill, during which time the skill cannot be exchanged for another.
** Please note that the skills system is still considered a work-in-progress and will be undergoing additional changes in future patches. This iteration of the system is not final.
* Scrolls of Identification have been removed and players can now identify an item by right-clicking on the item's icon
* The Nephalem Cube has been removed and the salvage ability has been added to the Blacksmith artisan
* The Cauldron of Jordan has been removed
* Stone of Recall has been renamed to "Town Portal" and can now be accessed directly via the Skill bar UI
* The fifth quick slot button has been moved next to the Town Portal ability in the Skill bar. This slot will eventually be to dedicated to potions, but can currently be used as a normal slot.
* Skills will now display simplified tooltips by default
To view Advanced tooltips, press and hold the CTRL key when hovering over skill icons
* The duration of the global chill effect granted by cold damage has be increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6 seconds
* Achievements have been re-enabled
Damage increased from 70% to 110%
Cooldown reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
Duration reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
Damage increased from 70% to 100%
Damage increased from 150% to 220%
Nerves of Steel
Now increases Armor by 25% of your Vitality
No longer breaks on damage
Duration reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
Damage reduced from 65% to 50%
No longer increases your Armor
Wave of Force
Damage increased from 205% to 350%
Slow amount increased from 24% to 30%
Leveling artisans in Normal difficulty now only requires gold
** Common (white) items can no longer be salvaged and common crafting materials have been removed in all difficulty levels
** Salvaging a Magic (blue) item will always give you a Magic material, as well as a chance to receive a Rare (yellow) or Legendary (orange) material
Salvaging a Rare item will always give you a Rare material and a Magic material, as well as a chance to receive a Legendary material
**Salvaging a Legendary item will always give you a Legendary material, Rare material, and Magic material
** Attack, Defense, and Precision random affixes have been replaced with Dexterity, Strength, and Intellect
**The base damage on slower weapons has been increased. This is because we’re also increasing the potency of elemental damage properties, and elemental damage benefits faster weapons more than slower weapons.
** The drop rate of Magic items between level 1 and level 20 has been lowered. Single affix-Magic items are now introduced more slowly, and double affix-Magic items won’t appear until later in the game.
** Wandering Merchants now have a 50% chance to sell a limited stock Rare item of any type
** Amulets have been moved from the Collector to the Fence
* Electrified monsters no longer spew lightning on death
* Arcane Enchanted monsters no longer cast an extra arcane beam on death
* Players should no longer be disconnected from Battle.net when moving a stack of 0 items to their Skill action bar
* Rapidly moving around items in a character’s inventory should no longer cause those items to become unresponsive
* Items that display full durability, but are still considered slightly damaged should now be able to be posted on the Auction House
* Monsters that are killed should now always properly play their death animation rather than remain standing
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."