[complete] Happy Games pvp Tournament [04/05/24]

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Teqq Cruiser

Re: [Event] Happy Games pvp Tournament [04/05/24]

Post by Teqq Cruiser »

I will have to leave my spot to Iskusss as i need to leave home. Good fights guys
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [complete] Happy Games pvp Tournament [04/05/24]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

1st place : Team 2
2nd place : Team 4
3rd place : team 1
4th place : team 3
Spoiler
Team #1
Drebin 679 -Captain/FC-
Gerathe Higioret
Kurvora Lehar
Tomlin
Iskusss

Team #2
NeedsNames -Captain/FC-
Gurna Smunkle
Brookie achasse
Flando Prime
Laura Karpinski

Team #3
Hung Lao -Captain/FC-
Efishcent
ol'frosty
diablos171
Brandie Poundomax

Team #4
Shandir -Captain/FC-
Shaemus O'Conor
Upposen Talvanen
Maeden Anthar
Callas Plaude
Will send off prize's monday

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Main things that could be improved /avoided. plus what was good
one issues that arose was because i shared a bookmark folder that had other bookmarks from another event so a few players ended up warping to one of the other bookmarks that was off grid but in same system
ez fix: next time have no other bookmarks in system

The workspace we used was a seperate discord to our main one, this was amazeing in terms of being able to just throw people into channels and move them around at our leasure but from a host persective its alot of work ,
contacting people one by one and giveing them a link to join the discord a good few times i had to re contact people to get them to join it went to spam folder .
then applying the roles manually to the 20+ people and keeping an up to date list of who is where.

The event itself interms of organiseing ships and fits was left in the hands of the fc's they where given 250 mill each to act as there budget .
they all managed to be on time.

one of my biggest worries was people not showing up we had only a few not show up which was amazeing and we had enough spare people to fill the spots easily without causeing much issues.

The grid itself after first fight did get a bit messie so maybe next time we could organise a salvager to tidy the arena between fights.

The 5 vs 5 seemed to of worked well not sure id increase the amount was a nice number.

We streamed the event to discord to enable people to spectate the event without adding too many people on grid to avoid overview clutter, this i think went fine.

Another thing for down the road , longer range ship so i can target all the players while i was able to see the hp of one team at all tiems due to watch list other teams where out of my range.

Also big thank you all who helped me this was not a solo thing to do and very much appreciated with all the support and the turnout was awesome cause it couldn't happen without the turnout.

Amount of time to host/organise alot is that an answer xD
start date to finish date was 3/6/2024 and complete on 5/4/2024 so about a mounth of on and off work from all involved.

First fight / No audio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8NF-LfE-E
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Brookie Achasse
Title: Freedom Enforcement Unit, Sophomore

Post by Brookie Achasse »

I thoroughly enjoyed it, both flying in it and listening to your commentary between the fights it was a brilliant event. Thank you.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

feedback that came into the feedback form

""
Have the spectator can watchlist their fleet members at least, so observers have at least see the health status of one team. Anchoring something (or dropping a container) at the center and having the ref cloaked would also simplify the overview process. The ref blending in with enemy ships which are all green makes it harder to tell if you're in range (or ref on a blue toon instead of a green one). Cleaning up wrecks/lost drones between matches is typical and would help declutter the overview (but adds time).
""

"
Turtle you did a wonderful job organising, thank you so much. My team didn't really talk much before the actual event haha. But the organisation was spot on - we had places to talk, bookmarks, streams, commentary, prizes. From a first time tourney participant thank you :)
"
"
More! It was awesome!
"
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

contracts be up